PDA

View Full Version : Cargoitalia sold?

Sitting Bull
3rd Oct 2008, 19:23
Rumour has it that Cargoitalia was sold? Any truth to this?

masterairwaybill
5th Oct 2008, 12:31
Maybe Alitalia bought it
Or else OpenSky !!!!!!

Visakh
6th Oct 2008, 06:25
any body hving details???

shuttle01
7th Oct 2008, 05:50
visakh, masterairwaybill is a funny guy and keep us laughing on his statements....
the reality is that CI is trying to keep on board international investors to try not to file for bankruptcy. CV option's gone. there is another one, but still top secret, they say.

EAM
7th Oct 2008, 08:17
"CV option is gone"

Well I think there never realy was an "option", CRG wanted them to jump in, thats it.
The other "option" might be Etihad, because they are operating 2 weekly flight MXP-AUH for them. But who wants to give a lot of money for one old DC-10 and one Dest.
They were going down from 17 Dest. last year to one present.
For some guys in there I hope it will work out, but I have my doughts.

Visakh
8th Oct 2008, 06:00
"CV option Gone".....

Is it confirmed????

Wat will be the reason.... ??

shuttle01
9th Oct 2008, 06:14
this company is in very difficult situation.
The Management (including Stan Wright) has been fired, the aicraft (an old DC10) is not flying. They are trying to save it, but it's hard. I don't believe CV is/was really interested in jumping on board.

EAM
9th Oct 2008, 08:19
the aicraft (an old DC10) is not flying.

Its right now on its way to AUH, twice a week, not much, but its IS Flying.

Visakh
10th Oct 2008, 04:53
but, i think 2G will cum back.... hope so, :)

FlyLowCost
13th Oct 2008, 18:11
ALIS, the new Italian planned cargo start-up, has bought CargoItalia. The news is now official.

EAM
13th Oct 2008, 19:01
Surprise, surprise.....any source? First delivery of the A330F will be by end of 2009, what are they going to do meanwhile?

Visakh
15th Oct 2008, 05:02
Wen is 2G goin to start its operations...
Is it coming in the same logo "Cargoitalia"

EAM
15th Oct 2008, 10:54
So, finaly found it in the press, here is the link:

its in italian
Leali compra Cargoitalia - Articolo - ilGiornale.it del 14-10-2008 (http://www.ilgiornale.it/a.pic1?ID=297924)

Leali will get their A330F from 2010 and also made an offer for Alitalia Cargo.
This will be interesting in the next few month.

Andreas77
19th Feb 2009, 13:06
Cargoitalia kauft Alitalia Cargo (http://www.verkehrsrundschau.de/cargoitalia-kauft-alitalia-cargo-807428.html)

sorry it's in german, but apparently they acquired az cgo.

Heilhaavir
19th Feb 2009, 20:27
Welcome To Air Cargo World -- Breaking News (http://www.aircargoworld.com/break_news/02182009e.htm)

Intruder
19th Feb 2009, 21:47
Price for Alitalia Cargo: $19 M

2/18/2009

Alitalia Cargo, Europe's seventh-largest air freight operator last year, is about to be sold for less than $19 million.

Cargoitalia, a privately held Italian all-cargo carrier, has made a binding offer of 14.5 million euros ($18.8 million) -- payable in four installments -- for the cargo unit of Alitalia.

Alitalia Cargo's five MD-11 freighters were grounded after CAI, the investment group that paid $1.3 billion for a revamped Alitalia in January, declined to buy its unprofitable cargo business. Alitalia, Italy's national airline, filed for bankruptcy in September.

Cargoitalia told Augusto Fantozzi, Alitalia's bankruptcy commissioner, that the sale must be completed by March 9. It said it would hire 15 pilots within one month of closing the deal and another 15 pilots for each MD-11 that enters the fleet over the next two years.

Several foreign carriers have moved into the Italian air cargo market, Europe's second-largest after Germany, following the suspension of Alitalia Cargo's freighter services to China, Japan, India and the United States. Lufthansa Cargo will start freighter service from Milan's Malpensa airport to New York on Wednesday, and Cargolux plans to start intercontinental services from Milan in April.

Bruce Barnard/The JOURNAL of COMMERCE ONLINE

speedygonzalez
20th Feb 2009, 12:11
What happened to MD-11F's of Alitalia by the way? Simply parked and waiting for someone to take off?

davidaz68
3rd Mar 2009, 09:22
They are all parked in dothan, alabama.
three of them are planned to come back in italy for cargoitalia by the end of march.
the other two have been sold (or leased) to an undisclosed customer

Heilhaavir
3rd Mar 2009, 18:54
the other two have been sold (or leased) to an undisclosed customer

Centurion Air Cargo maybe?

B-HKD
3rd Mar 2009, 20:40
These are the only 5 MD11C's build and so they have the rear cargo door. AZ tried to sell them a couple of times but neither 5X or FX wanted them. I think they also have have lower floor loading limits.

Leo :)