PDA

View Full Version : "Back in my day he'd get a big boot up the ar$e!"

eticket
3rd Oct 2008, 13:49
... says an Alice Springs Zoo Director after a 7 year old breaks in, kills animals with a rock and throws others to the crocodile.

Boy, 7, feeds live zoo animals to croc - Northern Territory News (http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2008/10/03/7301_ntnews.html)

Don't serial killers start off with animals?

So after dealing with the Parents is the age of criminal responsibility too low? Do we even need such a thing these days?

Scooby Don't
3rd Oct 2008, 14:19
It's wrong to suggest that killing animals leads to killing humans; we're all responsible for the death of animals when we eat meat after all, and there's nought wrong with shooting a few rabbits with an air rifle (though not at 7 years old - maybe 10 or 12, but NOT 7!).

However, bludgeoning the poor creatures and revelling in their deaths, as this little excuse for a human being obviously did, IS, I reckon, a sign that the wiring or the upbringing are far from right. Regardless of whether the police can charge the sh*t, they SHOULD be able to demand that he be psychologically assessed and, if necessary, sent to school in the short bus.

As for the police being able to do nothing because of his age, that's a pretty crappy loophole that needs to be closed. If a criminal act takes place, someone has to take responsibility and in this case, it needs to be the parents. That's assuming there are two of them...

merlinxx
3rd Oct 2008, 14:36
Little scroat should be taken ======== I can't say what I was going to say:mad::mad::mad:

Lon More
3rd Oct 2008, 14:44
Little scrote should be made to stand all day.on the landing he threw the animals from, after it's been coated in grease. Members of the public should be encouraged to throw rocks at him. He might have a different attitude if he survives. If he falls in his parents should take his place.

Jimmy Macintosh
3rd Oct 2008, 14:56
I'm sorry to say Lon but you think like me. :D

G-CPTN
3rd Oct 2008, 15:55
What is, perhaps, disturbing, is that this child should see fit to perform his acts of cruelty without being egged-on by a gang (or maybe it was a dare issued in anticipation of membership). Another disturbing aspect is his young age (or would an even younger child not understand the implication of his actions?). At what age should children realise that stamping on worms and snails is not good behaviour (or is there a dividing line between types of creatures that can be eliminated without rancour?)?
Perhaps his perception was that these reptiles were pests? Would it be acceptable for anyone to kill snakes? What about scorpions?
Maybe he felt that saltwater crocs are getting a bad deal and wanted to reward Terry?

BlueWolf
3rd Oct 2008, 21:05
Start with the boot up the arse. If that doesn't work, chuck him to the croc.

In actual fact to fix this problem long term, many more people need to be chucked to the crocodiles; not necessarily the parents, depending a little on the precise details of the case, but certainly all the thick pacifists, dumb idealist teachers, fantasy-land social workers, leftie politicians, pinko journalists, apologist human rights activists, sycophantic lawyers, and other bleating empty heads, who object to the boot up the arse in the first place.

G-CPTN
3rd Oct 2008, 21:35
There's a famous seaside place called Blackpool, That's noted for fresh air and fun,
And Mr. and Mrs. Ramsbottom , Went there with young Albert, their son.
A grand little lad was young Albert, All dressed in his best;quite a swell,
With a stick with an 'orse's 'ead 'andle, The finest that Woolworth's could sell.

They didn't think much to the Ocean: The waves, they was fiddlin' and small,
There was no wrecks and nobody drownded, Fact, nothing to laugh at at all.
So, seeking for further amusement, They paid and went into the Zoo,
Where they'd Lions and Tigers and Camels, And old ale and sandwiches too.

There were one great big Lion called Wallace; His nose were all covered with scars,
He lay in a somnolent posture, With the side of his face on the bars.
Now Albert had heard about Lions, How they was ferocious and wild,
To see Wallace lying so peaceful, Well, it didn't seem right to the child.

So straightway the brave little feller, Not showing a morsel of fear,
Took his stick with its 'orses 'ead 'andle And pushed it in Wallace's ear.
You could see that the Lion didn't like it, For giving a kind of a roll,
He pulled Albert inside the cage with 'im, And swallowed the little lad 'ole.

Then Pa, who had seen the occurrence, And didn't know what to do next,
Said " Mother! Yon Lion's 'et Albert," And Mother said " Well, I am vexed!"
Then Mr. and Mrs. Rarnsbottom, Quite rightly, when all's said and done,
Complained to the Animal Keeper, That the Lion had eaten their son.

The keeper was quite nice about it; He said " What a nasty mishap.
Are you sure that it's your boy he's eaten ? " Pa said "Am I sure ? There's his cap! "
The manager had to be sent for. He came and he said " What's to do ? "
Pa said " Yon Lion's 'et Albert, And 'im in his Sunday clothes, too."

Then Mother said, " Right's right, young feller; I think it's a shame and a sin,
For a lion to go and eat Albert, And after we've paid to come in."
Then off they went to the Police Station, In front of the Magistrate chap;
They told 'im what happened to Albert, And proved it by showing his cap.

The manager wanted no trouble, He took out his purse right away,
Saying " How much to settle the matter ? " And Pa said " What do you usually pay?"
But Mother had turned a bit awkward, When she thought where her Albert had gone.
She said " No ! someone's got to be summonsed", So that was decided upon.

The Magistrate gave his opinion That no one was really to blame,
And he said that he hoped the Ramsbottoms , Would have further sons to their name.
At that Mother got proper blazing, " And thank you, sir, kindly," said she.
" What, waste all our lives raising children, To feed ruddy Lions? Not me!"

frostbite
3rd Oct 2008, 21:41
Now G-CPTN, perhaps you can fill us in on who used to narrate that.

(Stanley Holloway?)

tony draper
3rd Oct 2008, 21:43
Ah! but did you know there is a sequel to that ode Mr G-C? Albert meets his lion again,on his way to Oz no less.

Incidently, Hang that little sub human rat bastard.:suspect:

mastermark
3rd Oct 2008, 21:54
Haveing been raised in the Alice ..( I left in 76)
I didnt even know they had a Zoo???????:ooh:

G-CPTN
3rd Oct 2008, 21:58
You've 'eard 'ow young Albert Ramsbottom, In the Zoo up at Blackpool one year,
With a stick with an 'orse's 'ead 'andle, Gave a lion a poke in the ear.
The name of the lion was Wallace, The poke in the ear made 'im wild ;
And before you could say " Bob's your Uncle," 'E'd up and 'e'd swallered the child.

'E were sorry the moment 'e'd done it, With children 'e'd always been chums,
And besides, 'e'd no teeth in 'is noddle, And 'e couldn't chew Albert on t' gums.
'E could feel the lad moving inside 'im, As 'e lay on 'is bed of dried ferns,
And it might 'ave been little lad's birthday, 'E wished 'im such 'appy returns.

But Albert kept kicking and fighting, Till Wallace arose feeling bad,
And felt it were time that 'e started to stage A come-back for the lad.
So with 'is 'ead down in a corner, On 'is front paws 'e started to walk,
And 'e coughed and 'e sneezed and 'e gargled, Till Albert shot out like a cork.

Old Wallace felt better direc'ly, And 'is figure once more became lean,
But the only difference with Albert Was 'is face and 'is 'ands were quite clean.

Meanwhile Mister and Missus Ramsbottom 'Ad gone 'ome to tea feeling blue ;
Ma says " I feel down in the mouth like," Pa says " Aye! I bet Albert does too."

Said Ma " It just goes for to show yer That the future is never revealed,
If I thought we was going to lose 'im I'd 'ave not 'ad 'is boots soled and 'eeled."
" Let's look on the bright side," said Father, " What can't be 'elped must be endured,
Every cloud 'as a silvery lining, And we did 'ave young Albert insured."

A knock at the door came that moment As Father these kind words did speak,
'Twas the man from t' Prudential, E'd called for their " tuppence per person per week."
When Father saw who 'ad been knocking, 'E laughed and 'e kept laughing so,
That the young man said " What's there to laugh at ?" Pa said " You'll laugh an' all when you know."

" Excuse 'im for laughing," said Mother, " But really things 'appen so strange,
Our Albert's been ate by a lion, You've got to pay us for a change."
Said the young feller from the Prudential, " Now, come come, let's understand this,
You don't mean to say that you've lost'im?" Ma says " Oh, no ! we know where 'e is."

Whentheyoung man 'ad 'eard all the details, A bag from 'is pocket he drew,
And 'e paid them, with int'rest and bonus, The sum of nine pounds four and two.

Pa 'ad scarce got 'is 'and on the money When a face at the window they see,
And Mother says " Eeh ! look, it's Albert," And Father says " Aye, it would be."

Young Albert came in all excited, And started 'is story to give,
And Pa says " I'll never trust lions again, Not as long as I live."
The young feller from the Prudential To pick up the money began,
And Father says " Eeh ! just a moment, Don't be in a hurry, young man."

Then giving young Albert a shilling, He said " Pop off back to the Zoo.
'Ere's yer stick with the 'orse's 'ead 'andle, Go and see what the Tigers can do ! "

(and it was Stanley Holloway.)

PLovett
3rd Oct 2008, 22:18
Mastermark,

I didnt even know they had a Zoo???????

They don't. It is called the Alice Springs Reptile Centre and is a building with display cages and such like.

This is not the first time it has had troubles of this kind either. A few years ago a similar sort of wasted air space broke in and attacked the crocodile (which is quite a small one as crocs go - unlike the one that took the 62 year old man in Queensland the other day :eek:).

tinpis
3rd Oct 2008, 22:22
Dont be so harsh,he may be from a neglected minority poor-bugger-me background

helldog
3rd Oct 2008, 22:43
Pitty he didn't slip off the landing, that would have been one classic you tube vid:E

merlinxx
3rd Oct 2008, 22:54
Pretty bloody simple and effective application, one heartily concurs:ok:

All kids eat worms, wood lice, daddy long legs, even mud etc, then go on to exterminate with fire or boiling water, but then one grows up. This little scrote obviously had no supervision, how the **** did he gain access, no parental control?

Maybe I'm in a different world today than I was in yester year, bollocks!

S'land
3rd Oct 2008, 23:49
Here is the link to "Albert Down Under", the one wher Albert and the Lion go to OZ.

There is/was a Fish and Chip shop (restaurant) in Northampton called Albert J. Ramsbottom. They used to have all of the Albert monologues framed on the dining area walls.

Albert Down Under... Marriott Edgar (http://monologues.co.uk/Albert_Down_Under.htm)

Regarding the little "darling" in Alice, a tightrope walking lesson over the croc pool would be a good idea, as long as it was on a windy day.

G-CPTN
3rd Oct 2008, 23:51
I am genuinely trying to resolve the conundrum that it is acceptable (is it?) to stamp on a beetle, even to burn an insect using a magnifying lens and the sun, perhaps to pull the wings off a bluebottle and turn it into a 'walk' (and even - using the same magnifying lens but only to look through - to remove the halteres ('stabilisers') from a flying insect and then release it and watch it fly out of control . . . ) yet pulling out the whiskers of a cat or burning a rabbit using the magnifying glass and the sun is deemed to be cruelty.
It is alright (?) to set a mouse-snaptrap or even stamp on a mouse or a snake to kill it (is this because death is quick?) yet similar actions to dispatch a dog or a cat or even a fox would be liable to prosecution.
You can punch holes in the ear of a cow to attach an identity tag but probably not a dog or a cat.
Keeping rabbits, sheep and cows and killing them for their meat is permitted, but not cats or dogs (at least in the UK) whilst horses are borderline.
Feeding live mice and rats to snakes is 'natural' but the boy in Oz is (quite rightly IMO) denigrated for 'feeding' various reptiles to a larger reptile (let's leave the stoning out of it although maybe stunning the creatures before throwing them to the croc probably did them a favour). Is it because the victims were part of a captive collection?
Then we could get into the ethics of keeping animals (or birds or reptiles) in captivity (where's the justification in canaries or budgies in tiny cages?).

I don't write this as an animal rights campaigner, nor as someone who would be intentionally cruel to domestic or agricultural animals, merely as a confused old man . . .

Should I abandon my love of meat and become a vegetarian (or even a Jain) and abandon hunting shooting and fishing?

tinpis
4th Oct 2008, 00:12
Should I abandon my love of meat and become a vegetarian (or even a Jain) and abandon hunting shooting and fishing?

Tescos will become mightily pissed off if you dont

onetrack
4th Oct 2008, 02:47
Some random thoughts come to mind here ..

1. The town of Alice Springs is one big zoo .. :p

2. I suspect that nasty racial profiling will become involved here .. and that an uproar will ensue once the perpetrators race is mentioned .. :ooh:

3. Did Abos feed lizards to crocodiles before the White Man stole their land? They probably did, and such behaviour can now rightly be claimed, as 'practising hunting skills' ..

4. If the little hood-in-the-making, can't practise on improving his skills in a local zoo, where could he do it? The White Man has decimated his native animal supply since his arrival .. apart from the croc numbers, of course .. :cool:

5. The perpetrator needs this type of skills improvement experience .. so that he can practice on bigger and better targets in the future. Breaking into a zoo is excellent skills training for breaking into houses .. throwing animals is an excellent skills improvement technique, for later rock throwing at cars and buses .. and all that was missing, was snatch-improvement skills training .. so that he could go on to his chosen vocation, of bag-snatcher from old ladies ..... :p

SXB
4th Oct 2008, 08:01
7 yr old children do have some conception of what is right and what is wrong. Certainly, my 7yr old would know it would be wrong to leave the house, go to a zoo in Strasbourg, scale the wall and then enter the animal enclosures.

One wonders who was supposed to be supervising this child at the time, ultimately that is the responsibility of his parents and if they've allowed him to wander around Alice Springs in the morning on his own then they should be accountable for both their abandonment of a child and his subsequent actions.

Gelande Strasse
4th Oct 2008, 09:19
Youtube is your friend:

YouTube - Stanley Holloway - Albert and the Lion (audio) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ucFB6awSw)

GS