PDA

View Full Version : Full moon navigation?

controlledCHAOS
3rd Oct 2008, 02:59
Pilot charged with PI, mooning Alcoa Highway motorists : Local News : Knoxville News Sentinel (http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/oct/01/united-pilot-charged-pi-mooning-alcoa-highway-moto/)

Public information on FAA's site:

Medical
Medical Class: FirstMedical Date: 8/2008

Certificates
1 of 2
12 (https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/Detail.aspx?uniqid=A2516130&ood=2&certNum=2)
DOI:3/10/2008
Certificate:AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
Rating(s):
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

Type Ratings
A/BA-4100 A/EMB-145

Limits
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

Wino
3rd Oct 2008, 03:06
Um no, those guys are not AMERICAN pilots.

They are commuter pilots who work for a United Express Commuter, known as Trans States.

Cheers
Wino

controlledCHAOS
3rd Oct 2008, 03:38
Another black eye for the aviation community. Proves anyone can get a commuter job these days.

Joey Q
3rd Oct 2008, 03:54
"...fly me to the moon...." hahahahhah

crime of the century...someone call batman!

Airbubba
3rd Oct 2008, 04:15
Putting down Americans is a time honored tradition here on PPRune... (now an American owned pilot forum):)

I can see where the lesser nationalities would be jealous.

We are truly the most fortunate people on the face of the Earth.

As ole Dizzy Dean once said "It ain't braggin' if you done it!":ok:

Huck
3rd Oct 2008, 04:21
At least the helicopter with the FLIR wasn't launched, like that pilot and flight attendant running naked in the woods up north.....

Airbubba
3rd Oct 2008, 04:25
Yep, that was Pinnacle...

con-pilot
3rd Oct 2008, 04:34
Yes, no pilot from any nation other than the United States of America has ever done anthing out of line in the history of avaition.

Riiiiiight! :p

Earl
3rd Oct 2008, 04:45
This is such a joke no matter what country you are from
Why post the medical certificates, limitations for hemorrhoid's.?
Does anyone of these pilots here actually operate an aircraft or could they even move one if need be? Mooned quite a few in my younger years.
Might moon some more if I need too, ha ha.
Get a life!!!!

Rainboe
3rd Oct 2008, 09:33
Well...it's not exactly paedophilia, is it? So a person who happens to be employed as a pilot gets drunk and carries out an action that is mildly amusing and doesn't 'hurt' anybody, unless his ass is not a pretty sight, which it won't be anyway! Does the world stop turning? Did I miss something- did he fly people in an inebriated state? What is the connection with mooning and being a pilot? All of us at some stage have gotten drunk to some degree. What is the problem now? Get so drunk you walk into the Ladies toilet by mistake and you become a 'XXX Airlines pilot sex pest'? The guy went on a bender. He wasn't flying or working. He's no different to 'nurse gets drunk and moons'. The world seems to be getting rather pathetic.