PDA

View Full Version : What's the Typical Career Path at PAL?

headshotxxx
2nd Oct 2008, 12:59
Hi All:

'Just curious, I assume new joiners at PAL all start as Second Officer or am I wrong? What's an average or typical promotion ladder or career path with this airline say over the last 20 years (just to ride out peaks and lulls).

Thanks much for any reply.

kapalmuks
4th Oct 2008, 14:16
anything goes in PAL. depending on who is your padrino. if you are strong enough you can come in as grp 1.
if you know Greedy Lucio or any of his family, you can come in wide body capt.
if you know Badiolax, you can come in direct 320 capt.
if you know somebody important, you can mess up an a320 thru a runway overrun and come out clean.
if you know noone: even a slight stare at BBoy or Redpay can put you in trouble.
after twenty years?: you're still treated like trash.:(
you have to learn the skill of brown nosing to get thru.

headshotxxx
5th Oct 2008, 00:10
Thanks guys for your replies.

I guess nothing much has changed at PAL with the old Padrino system. The reason I asked the question in the first place was that I went to their web site and under pilot employement there is only a mention of the Second Officer postion, i.e. no direct entry FO or direct entry Capt. I thought the career profile has been standardized but from the replies, it seems it's not.

No wonder I know friends who have been with the airline for 20 years and still with the narrow bodies (some blame the strike tho') whilst I bumped into some very young blokes who are already with the wide bodies. I couldnt make sense of it. So, it's still the old Padrino system.