PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Funeral for Greg Cochran

havachat
2nd Oct 2008, 07:46
Some of you may know Greg Cochran from his previous flying in GA, Impulse, Ansett or even later when he flew for Emirates. Greg was killed on Monday night just outside Warwick on the Darling Downs flying a crop duster.

At this stage his family has planned his funeral for Tuesday 7th at 1pm in Toowoomba, though it will be confirmed in the paper and I will place it on here.

Gnadenburg
2nd Oct 2008, 08:10
RIP Greg.

Condolences to his family.

1IJIM
2nd Oct 2008, 09:25
I had the absolute pleasure of flying with Greg on assorted a/c over the years.When Ansett Mk 2 dissolved Greg rang me from Dubai almost immediately to offer assistance and accommodation.This is a testament to the mans values and belief in mateship.A loving family man with a quick laconic wit,a wonderful pilot and a ball of energy and laughs.Australia can't afford to lose men of this calibre.Condolences and love to Gregs family.

ravan
2nd Oct 2008, 09:27
Unbelievable! Just got back from a holiday down south and heard the news. Condolences to Greg's Family.

Wizofoz
2nd Oct 2008, 12:00
I flew with "Coach" Cochran when he first joined Ansett as an F50 FO. A great guy and excellent pilot.

My deepest condolences to Toni and their children,

Forward CofG
2nd Oct 2008, 15:02
I am shocked and saddened to hear of Greg's passing. He was a great guy and a true gentleman.

My condolances to Greg's wife and the kids.

R.I.P.

havachat
5th Oct 2008, 13:27
COCHRAN, Gregory James "Greg". Tragically killed on the 29th September, 2008, aged 38 years. Adored Husband of Toni. Passionate Father, dedicated and devoted to his Children Thomas, William and Phoebe. Dearly loved Son of Bernard and Paula (ex Sunnybank). Son-in-law of George and Lenette England. Loved Brother of Fiona, Tim and Damien. Relatives and Friends are respectfully invited to attend a Celebration of Greg's inspirational life to be held at St. Patrick's Catholic Cathedral, James Street, Toowoomba, commencing at 1.00p.m. Tuesday, 7th October, 2008. Service complete at the Cathedral. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Care Flight Queensland and the Hemophilia Foundation Australia, gift envelopes available at the cathedral.