PDA

View Full Version : Air-taxi etc

G-BFUN
1st Oct 2008, 23:33
Hey Everyone
I don't want to start this into a modular vs integrated debate and which one is better or not! BUT If you was to go integrated and you wanted to take a small freighter job like with AFT or surveying work with RVL/ Air South West etc do you think they may prefer modular over integrated as traditionally they may not have had many integrated people apply to them and they may want to stick with modular trained guys as that is what they know more?

Just a thought

inner
2nd Oct 2008, 06:35
It is not important what you do : integrated or modular. Just get the paper, that's all that counts.

2nd Oct 2008, 09:25
You could do a search to confirm, but I think you will find that you need a minimum of 700 hrs + for air taxi work due to insurance restrictions as it's a single pilot operation.

Incidentally, if you are curious about the whole 'modular v integrated' debate. Again, simply do a search as it has been done to death several times over. That goes for the majority of subjects actually.

adverse-bump
2nd Oct 2008, 09:55
surveying work with RVL/ Air South West

wow, you've done your home work!

Air southwest dont do survey's old boy, there an airline.

G-BFUN
2nd Oct 2008, 19:24
Hey
Yep I did know that, I apologise instead of a "/" I should have put a "."

Finals19
2nd Oct 2008, 20:03
Mate I'll be honest in saying that I don't think it means an awful lot right now.

Very few people are hiring, and from what i am finding, having the 700hrs min time for air taxi won't cut the mustard with them (I have 1000+ with a lot of multi time and I am not getting many responses from the air taxi operators i contacted)

Do what suits you, get the blue book and then look at getting some hours - perhaps instructing until you get into the late hundreds / early thousands. Then re-assess your goals.

Sorry to be the bringer of doom and gloom, but its pretty grim right now.:sad:

Wireless
2nd Oct 2008, 23:20
AFT? As in Atlantic Flight training?

I flew small air freight, air Taxi, survey, Coastguard patrols. Afterwards onto a Dash 8 baller. I was modular trained. Don't think it matters too much for an airline job.

Say you did an integrated course and finished with minimal hours you'd do well to try and find some banner towing/ glider towing stuff or build some more hours spending it on long distance navs whilst flying actual airways if you want to aim for survey/ air taxi work. A chap/chapess who's gone modular may have built more hours along the way and schemed and scammed (what I did:}) whatever he could get to fly and this would look better to a company operating the kind of aircraft you want to fly.