PDA

View Full Version : Briefs if not flying

EOSM37
1st Oct 2008, 20:53
Hot off the press. From now on, if you are not due to fly on a given day, you ARE TO wear the RAF collection briefs... Another fantastic motivational idea from the hierarchy. It affects all RAF personnel from tomorrow, with the Army and Royal Navy to follow suit as soon as they get their own clothing collection...

ps. I still haven't got mine back yet you thieving git.

14greens
1st Oct 2008, 21:37
had to rush out and buy mine this afternoon

Mighty Quercus
1st Oct 2008, 22:16
The latest IBN has dictated, that from 01 Oct CS95 is only to be worn when on Ops or Exercises. Even the RAF Regt may have to don blues during routine daily work. So all these tactical squadrons who are back in blighty on training will have to get their blues back out pretty damn quick. Those units that insist on wearing CS95 for daily attire must get 2 star approval.

It also states that flying suits only to be worn when actually engaged in flying. If not then No2 HD to be worn.

MOD main building is exempt so the poor soles can still claim their civvy clothing allowance.

Can see the tailors being swamped with tight fitting No2 trousers to sort out for alot of squadrons.

Life in a blue suit hey!!!!

14greens
1st Oct 2008, 22:19
ahhh but what about the briefs

c130jbloke
1st Oct 2008, 22:38
ugh !!!!!!!!!!!!

:yuk::yuk::yuk:

manual cfar
2nd Oct 2008, 00:34
I don't tend to wear "briefs"! Can I continue to not wear "briefs" In blues? bearing in mind that they do itch.

Ogre
2nd Oct 2008, 02:49
"flying suits only to be worn when actually engaged in flying. If not then No2 HD to be worn. "

Vision of HAS's turning into changing rooms, or perhaps a quick taxi to the end of the runway in No 2, followed by a superman style ripping off the wedgewood blue shirt to reveal the growbag beneath.

Seymour Belvoir
2nd Oct 2008, 10:08
Is it OK not to wear briefs under a flying suit if I am not in a flying appointment but carrying out flying related duties?

Seymour Belvoir
2nd Oct 2008, 10:11
P.S Standing by for another anti-aircrew rant from Mr. C Hinecrap ;)

Airborne Aircrew
2nd Oct 2008, 15:37
Briefs are for girls!!! :E

Donna K Babbs
2nd Oct 2008, 16:47
Briefs are for girls!!!

Quite right, but QRs clearly state that only the Marines can go commando!

Pontius Navigator
2nd Oct 2008, 17:24
My RAF briefs may need replacing..........or can I wear my bag still?

http://www.usg-online.com/underblog/archives/normal_m3661_Picture%204-thumb.jpg

You leave me no choice but to report your post to the highest authority. I am sure the SWO will be briefed to check for briefs such as yours.:uhoh:

goneeast
2nd Oct 2008, 17:56
If this isnt a wind up it will be another nail in the coffin of squadron life. A few years ago at Lyn. a certain highly popular!! Sqn boss dictated the type of civvies you must wear off duty, if "popping into squadron" (to pick up next route details etc) . Result was not a squadron of well turned out Cranwell clones, but an empty tea bar and everyone avoiding the place.

However, it will only be enforced for a few months before its forgotten, I was at Cranwell when you were told that 'only' the RAF issue rucksack could be used to carry kit, but if you had less that 3 years to do, you didnt get one issued, so despite being twice challenged by the SWO, I insisted that I was in my last 6 months and walked away, despite being signed in until 2020!

TheWizard
2nd Oct 2008, 19:11
If this isnt a wind up it will be another nail in the coffin of squadron life.
However, it will only be enforced for a few months before its forgotten,

You are of course having a laugh here....aren't you??:confused:
Cos the OP is!!:}

spheroid
2nd Oct 2008, 20:19
From now on, if you are not due to fly on a given day, you ARE TO wear the RAF collection briefs

Which is OK seeing as we fly most days and most nights (apart from Thursday night - Must give ATC a night off).....so where is the change?

hello1
2nd Oct 2008, 20:44
Think it actually says that you have to wear blues if you are not engaged in flying or 'flying related activity'. I am on an RAF flying Sqn and therefore everything I do is flying related.

If it is true that MOD can't be bothered to wear blues to work every day then do you really think anyone else is going to??!;)

GZ stickman
2nd Oct 2008, 21:04
Damn it! And I was so looking forward to wearing a kiwi flying jacket and hat that I picked up in Leuchars at an airshow the other week...

Runaway Gun
3rd Oct 2008, 07:42
I'm just looking forward to being challenged to PROVE that I'm wearing the issued whitey tighteys. Or not.... :E

Airborne Aircrew
3rd Oct 2008, 11:33
Damn it! And I was so looking forward to wearing a kiwi flying jacket and hat that I picked up in Leuchars at an airshow the other week...

Evil :mad:... :D :D :D :D :D :D