PDA

View Full Version : Large Windows

squeakmail
12th May 2000, 16:27
OK...what have I done? Must have dinked some button somewhere and screwed the settings on my display.

I've always had "new" windows opening at full size...but suddenly ALL windows are opening BIGGER...and not all the information is fitting into the viewable area any more.

The entire screen information is LARGER - bigger windows, bigger text.

Please tell me what to push to get it back.

------------------
LIVE in peace...or REST in it!

MAX REVERSE
12th May 2000, 16:36
Sorry for the 'dumb user' response, but you haven't changed your screen resolution have you? Do your icons look bigger?

Mice
12th May 2000, 17:51
Agree with max reverse, probably resolution change (800x600 to 640x480) or such. Assuming you have win95/98, right click on the desktop and select properties/settings/screen area(Win98). Drag slider to next higher res. Gen 800x600 for 15inch monitors, 1024x768 for 17inch monitors, etc. Don't forget to "apply" the change.

------------------
When all else fails, read the manual!

squeakmail
12th May 2000, 19:38
Sigh.

All sorted, thanks guys.

Thought I had suddenly had a change in vision...didn't need to remember DEFPOTEC anymore.

Thanks again.

(Bit small now after two days of "in yer face" video).

------------------

MAX REVERSE
12th May 2000, 22:41
Any time. I liked the "What have I done?" Makes a pleasant change from "I haven't done a thing, but now nothing works..."

[This message has been edited by MAX REVERSE (edited 12 May 2000).]

squeakmail
13th May 2000, 04:51
Well, in fairness, Max...technically I didn't do a thing. Now that I know what it is, I can trace the snag to having installed a USB host card ('casue there were no USB ports on my machine).

Something behind the scenes in the installation decided to screw with the video settings....but still, I'll go with the "What did I do"....even if the asnwer was "install new components".

Am I off the hook? Guilty or innocent of screwing the windows settings?

------------------

MAX REVERSE
14th May 2000, 23:22
Um, no, perhaps I put it badly, as it wasn't intended as a dig. Perhaps I should have smiley-captioned the message :)

squeakmail
14th May 2000, 23:34
No, Max...usually it is a case of "It wasn't me but..." so you're right....

...and any dig (tongue in cheek) is valid to anybody..or at least anybody who can take a joke and admit if they've "got it wrong".