PDA

View Full Version : Jerky and Twichy Graphics

v1rotate
10th Jul 2001, 01:48
I was wondering if anyone uses IFT Pro on a Laptop. I'm currently using it on an IBM thinkpad with 32mb ram and P233 processor with a Game Card Pro for the joystick. I thought this would be enough to run IFT Pro 6 smoothly however I am finding the movement very jerky and not smooth at all. Is there something I can do in the settings to improve the frame rate. I'm using the sim through windows 95 and could this be a problem or should I just run it in pure DOS mode. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Tinstaafl
10th Jul 2001, 04:48
Is it a DOS program?

If so, I'd suggest running it in DOS but do everything you can to load high the bare minimum of drivers & software.

The goal is to load as much of the minimum necessary drivers into upper memory ie the memory above 1024 Kb, freeing memory from 0 to the first 640 Kb.

You'll need to use Emm386 & Highmem to do it. Don't load anything that isn't needed to run the sim.

OzPax1
10th Jul 2001, 05:08
And the graphics cards on laptops are crap. even when compared to ones in even basic desktop machines these days. :rolleyes: :confused:

v1rotate
10th Jul 2001, 13:21
Thanks for the info. It is a DOS program and I tried running it in pure DOS mode but the mouse didn't work. Obviously I'll have to load it somehow. Thanks once again and i'll give it a shot.

Tinstaafl
10th Jul 2001, 18:18
You'll need a DOS mouse driver then. My various DOS's used to use mouse.exe or mouse.com.

I thought Windoze has an equivalent that it loads when you start in MS-DOS mode.