PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any experience with Bristol Aviation Professional Pilot Programme

johnc21
1st Oct 2008, 13:28
Hi All

I was looking at Bristol Aviations website specifically the Professional Pilot Programme.
Does anyone have any experience with this school or program?

Thanks
John

Boeing100
1st Oct 2008, 22:34
i checked their website, and I saw that they also have a Sponsored program, but they never mention the partner airline which I think seems very dodgy....

DarkSoldier
2nd Oct 2008, 08:21
All I know is that the guy that's running it was also behind the CTC programme

fibod
4th Oct 2008, 17:02
I spotted the developments at Bristol as well. I know a guy who works there and spoke to him last week.

They have a great track record in the CPL/IR market. Although I never worked there, I've always been aware of them and they have a first rate reputation.

According to my contact, the traditional business is carrying on, and they have now expanded into the integrated market. They are not putting anyone on the sponsored programme until they announce their first contract; my contact said there is talk of one in the offing, but didn't say who it was. In addition to the sponsored programme, they are doing self funded courses. They also have a link-up with Alteon, and Bristol Groundschool, as well as having an in-house flight crew recruiting agency.

I had a look around the website. The pricing seems very competitive. Given their reputation and track record (I'd guess there are hundreds if not thousands of airline pilots who trained with Bristol), I'd say they are well worth considereing; do check them out in comparison with the competition as well.

Flying Farmer
4th Oct 2008, 20:24
"He now has over 2000 hours from nearly 25 years flying experience"

Is quoted for one of the instructors, so hes got 80 hours a year over the last 25 years :sad: looks like a load of instructors waiting on their first airline jobs to me!

potkettleblack
5th Oct 2008, 10:36
Sounds like normal flying hours due UK weather to me Farmer:) Hard case all the same. I used to be so impressed by hours when I was a wannabe. Now I have come to realise its about quality hours and having 10,000 hours on a C152 flying VMC each and every day isn't exactly going to set my world on fire.