PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to allow use of mobile phones?!

FlyingOfficerKite
1st Oct 2008, 11:57
I have just read that Ryanair are to allow the use of mobile phones on board aircraft during flight.

Is this old news, or has it just been decided?

Seems like a nightmare if true?

FOK :)

angels
1st Oct 2008, 12:03
Old.

http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/241457-ryanair-mobile-phones-merged.html

FlyingOfficerKite
1st Oct 2008, 12:06
Thanks.

I thought it would be!

FOK :)

Johnny F@rt Pants
1st Oct 2008, 12:33
So why didn't you try a search first then?

Herod
1st Oct 2008, 12:36
The saving grace is that I gather they will be charging £ 2 per minute. The press decry the blatant profiteering but, as a frquent Ryanair customer, I'm all for anything that will cut down the "I'm on the plane" crowd. If you can't live for a couple of hours without the "electronic teddy-bear" then maybe even more extortionate rates are called for. Discuss.

angels
1st Oct 2008, 12:46
A pleasure FOKite.

Johnny Let's not start a slagging match. We can just leave the thread and move on. :ok:

cwatters
1st Oct 2008, 16:09
Presumably you could also be charged for recieved calls as well? When you go abroad the caller picks up part of the bill and you pick up the other part. Presumably calls to a mobile onboard a plane could be treated as "abroad" (even while at the gate in the UK?) if it goes via the planes base station rather than say the airport one? ..or how will this work exactly?

M.Mouse
1st Oct 2008, 16:20
Discuss.

Errrrr....why?

Dysag
1st Oct 2008, 16:22
They should be charged...... with Disturbing The Peace and handed in to the cops on arrival.