PDA

View Full Version : Opensky Cargo Bids For Alitalia Cargo

shuttle01
1st Oct 2008, 09:39
OpenSky Cargo presents an interest for the purchase of Alitalia Cargo

OpenSky Cargo, a company belonging to the former Ocean Airlines CEO Rossano De Luca, has presented today an official interest for the purchase of Alitalia Cargo to the Extraordinary Administrator for Alitalia, Mr Augusto Fantozzi.
OpenSky Cargo will be supported by a leading Italian financial investor and an important freighter operator. The financial advisor of the operation is Parsec Finance of Milan.
The business plan will allow to recover the current distressed situation of Alitalia Cargo and develop a strong cargo hub in Milan Malpensa airport.

masterairwaybill
1st Oct 2008, 18:28
Sounds like jumping from Frying pan into the fire !!!!

After the incompetence shown in managing Ocean into the ground this proposal beggars belief !!!!!

shuttle01
2nd Oct 2008, 04:46
master, I see that your comments are always very negative on the subject. Probably bcse you have befired from him? According to me, he jumped on Ocean when the Company, unfortunately, was already spolied, and he had the courage to put his face on this.

masterairwaybill
2nd Oct 2008, 10:46
Shuttle 01

For info I was not fired by him or have anything to do with him.
However from what I know he was CEO when airline went bankrupt so he cannot turn around and say he had nothiing to do with its closure.

shuttle01
2nd Oct 2008, 12:18
master, your comments from a very generic and basic point of view, are fully acceptable, but, without taking the part of the former CEO of Ocean Airlines, in the industry is absolutely well-known what happened and which were the real causes.

The CEO jumped on a very distressed situation, changed all the management team, but could not perform as per expectations, for reasons that were not directly related to his and his team intentions.

Anyway, this is part of history now......

masterairwaybill
2nd Oct 2008, 12:59
Shuttle 01
If this was reason or reasons why Ocean failed why did he not say it when airline closed down instead of using the excuse of economic slowdown and high fuel prices.
He shoule have been honest to himself at least

shuttle01
2nd Oct 2008, 13:35
master, this is the difference between a man with balls and a man without balls.
Too easy to put finges in front of people.
But this is just my opinion, man, no more than this

ea-eu
2nd Oct 2008, 13:55
hi masterawb
As you know I was in Ocean, and I knew the CEO (not very well but I had the possibility to talk personally with him a couple of times).
I remember he had some meeting with all the employees and he always told us the truth regarding the status of the Company (probably going against the instructions of the owners of the Airline)
Than, probably, his position forced him to looks always positive even if the reality was different and maybe this was his big mistake, but at least he did not told "big" lies to the employees.
But now it's history.
So good luck for his new idea.

masterairwaybill
2nd Oct 2008, 17:37
EA-EU
Its a great pity that it was not made public that that the real reason for the downfall of Ocean lay with the Chairman...... Who knows what port of the world he now resides in .......

Engineer
3rd Oct 2008, 13:48
You may not know what port he resides in but be rest assured he will have sufficient money to live a good life :ok:

masterairwaybill
3rd Oct 2008, 17:32
Why wouldnt he have since most of it was hived away illegally from Ocean to line his and his Austrian,Russian and American colleagues.

If there is any justice (which I doubt) his day will come...