PDA

View Full Version : Cornerstone Mortgage services

Bograt
1st Oct 2008, 08:05
Does anyone have any first-hand experience with these guys?

Cornerstone (http://www.cornerstone4u.com)

Thanks

christep
1st Oct 2008, 09:42
No, but simply from this:
Q. Why is property a good investment?
Past history will show that property investment has produced consistent returns over time. Working on the basis of an 80% mortgage, the investor contributes 20% of the cost of the property to get a return on the full investment.

Example: A property costs £100k, investor puts in £20k, in a year the property appreciates by 10% giving a return on investment of 50%, or £10k.from the FAQ on their website I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. (Hint: what about the cost of the 80K mortgage, and all the setup costs?)

There is also no info on the site about who exactly the company is: no address, no company name, no details of any licences to provide investment advice and so on. Just a Hong Kong phone number.

This town is over-full of complete shysters trying to sell you this and that. I see no reason to believe these aren't one of them.

FlexibleResponse
1st Oct 2008, 13:02
If you need to borrow money, go to a real bank.

If you are an Ozzie as I suspect from your handle, the four major Australian Banks have representative offices in Hong Kong. You can borrow either HK or AU dollars from them.

If you have a job with CX they will fall at your feet to give you a loan.

2 cents
1st Oct 2008, 15:20
Flex,

Could we get an update on your sample investment portfolio?

Buttie Box
1st Oct 2008, 16:15
"Bograt,"..."Aussie,"...nope, I'm not getting it...

Give Godwin Lee at the National Australia Bank a ring. The number's normally in Pravda, sorry, I meant Crews News.

BB

Bograt
2nd Oct 2008, 05:28
Thanks for the replies. :ok:

FlexibleResponse
11th Oct 2008, 11:47
Flex,

Could we get an update on your sample investment portfolio?

See thread on, "Independent Financial Adviser".

Edited to avoid thread hijack.

Bograt
12th Oct 2008, 15:08
Thanks Flex, just read all of that thread.

Investing I'm happy with and actively doing, but was interested in any knowledge of mortgage brokers in HKG.

Not anymore - going to sit tight for a while and watch what happens. Don't want to take on much debt at the moment.:ok: