PDA

View Full Version : CX Schedule & Upgrade

Weekend-warrior
30th Sep 2008, 22:21
Just a few q's about Cathay....

1. What does the schedule look like for an SO that upgraded to FO and is outbased?

a) On freighter (is it 11 on 5 off? or something like that?)
b) On pax (3 on 4 off? or something similar?)

The bases I would be looking into going after would be YVR, YYZ, LAX, ORD, JFK, ATL.

Also if you are outbased in one of the above mentioned bases are you able to upgrade to CA there or do you need to go back to HGK to do that? I am curious even if it takes delaying the upgrade by a few years are you able to upgrade directly into your outbase?

Last question...On long haul flights are you allowed/does it happen that people read books or do things to keep themselves occupied? Or is this not allowed at CX? Thanks in advance!

WW

uspilot
1st Oct 2008, 00:51
If you are in hold pool for DEFO you are looking at 2010 class date. If you are going as SO you will a SO for about 5 Years than if they have opening in N.America you may take it, if you are SO on the BUS it will be very hard to transfer to N.America. if you just send in your application than you are looking at class date after 2011. I am sure someone with more information can chime in and give you better information. And also in you are N.America FO you dont have to go to Hong Kong to upgrade.

pushbuttons
1st Oct 2008, 08:45
USPILOT I am currently in the pool for the N. American DEFO. Just curious where you heard about the class date of 2010? I was told to call during the first week of OCT to get an update.

Thanks.

Fly747
1st Oct 2008, 11:47
It is OK to bring your play station. If you have one of those wi-fi ones then you can play against the Captain. CX like that.

SubsonicMortal
2nd Oct 2008, 10:07
No kidding 747. I've heard that exact thing where an FO and Capt were playing against each other - both armed with PSP's at 35 oooft. Now at CX, how would that be frowned upon? Curious.

Weekend-warrior
2nd Oct 2008, 22:30
Thanks for the info uspilot...Anyone else have anymore info with regards to the scheudle...or maybe some serious responses on if Cathay/their pilots have a problem with reading during flights...Im not asking about a playstation....just reading..

And a typical schedule for an FO?? Thanks!

emelbe
2nd Oct 2008, 23:51
FO hiring has come to a complete halt at CX. The recruitment department will be reviewing their requirements in November (2008). The "hiring-pool" is currently full. If you are in the pool you can expect a course date sometime in 2010 (This is due to a number of factors: The economic slow-down, the Boeing Strike and also the Oasis and DragonAir recruitment). If you are not in the pool, then new interviews will begin mid to late 2009 for a course date no earlier than 2011.
The last of the Unified Scale FO's recruited at the begining of 2008 are now finishing their courses.
All bases are relatively full in both Europe and the USA.