PDA

View Full Version : Rant XL Release 3 and the G1000

Mikehotel152
30th Sep 2008, 13:37
The G1000 is shown as an option in the navigation equipment set up but clicking on it simply brings up a 'G1000 instrument fit not yet available' message.

Does anybody know when the G1000 instrument fit will be available on Rant XL? :confused:

Many thanks for any replies and any tips on making the most of Rant XL.

Mikehotel152
1st Oct 2008, 15:21
It appears I am the only person with uses Rant...:(

Nozwaldo
1st Oct 2008, 15:32
Mikehotel152,
Saw the thread yesterday and was hoping someone else would post with further details. I'm using RANT XL but still to upgrade to the new version. Have you tried ringing Oddsoft for details of when G1000 will be available? As for making the most of it, I still go through the tutorials from time to time to make sure I'm not just winging it and get approach procedures from AIS and give them a try with different instrument fits. I don't want to get too far ahead at the moment as it's fine as a procedural trainer but tying it all in with flying is going to be a different matter altogether and I'm not starting ME/CPL/IR until May next year.

Noz

Mikehotel152
1st Oct 2008, 15:42
Noz,

I might try Oddisoft. I'm with you on the virtues of Rant XL. If it saves me repeating just one FNPT lesson over the course of my IR it'll have been worth the money.