PDA

View Full Version : Anytime..so slow

Zeppelin
9th Jul 2001, 03:04
I've been using Freeserve Anytime for a few months now with no problems, but for the last 4 days it seems to have come to a grinding halt. I can't get any pages on any sites to load.
I'm now using the old 'pay as you go' dial up number and everything is working fine.
Anybody else having this problem or is it me? :confused:

solly
13th Jul 2001, 02:01
arent all ISPs in the UK crap?

Flybywyre
13th Jul 2001, 02:35
Zep.................
I've just gone on to AT from the old "Freeserve Unlimited" which is being phased out.
So far not too bad, the 2 problems I seem to be getting are 1)When loading a new page or site the blue band at the bottom of the screen keeps getting stuck with one item remaining.
2)When I click on something, nothing happens, sometimes for AGES (2minutes) :confused:

MisNomer
14th Jul 2001, 11:33
Zep and Flybywyre

I have just converted to Freeserve Anytime from Hometime. I am experiencing the problems you both have! Coupled with this each time I tried to connect to the Internet, dial up kept receiving an engaged tone! Finally got another number from Freeserve, got in but all the problems are still there.

It is sooo frustrating to sit waiting for that one item remaining and nothing happens! :mad: :mad: [/LIST]

Zeppelin
18th Jul 2001, 19:07
I have managed to speed things up a bit by changing the dial up number. Freeserve can do this automatically from their website and this may be some help:
www.freeserve.com/time/anytime/friaco (http://www.freeserve.com/time/anytime/friaco)

kishna
18th Jul 2001, 19:21
If you are using a BT landline, it may well be worth phoning up the fault desk and asking them to turn up the gain on the line. It may help to speed up your connection.

;)

EGTE
24th Jul 2001, 02:23
Ring 151 & persuade them to increase the gain to "3". That's the optimum level for internet performance before over-amplification increases any nasty line noise and you cannot connect at all! Gain is not the panacea that some people think though.