PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Avalon Ops

DEEWHY
30th Sep 2008, 08:45
Just had an interesting phone call from Jetstar with a change to my travel plans as they are
not operating into avalon after 26 October.

Any other news?

Sunstar320
30th Sep 2008, 09:32
I know Perth and Adelaide have moved to Tullamarine, I take it you are flying to Perth?

Got something to due with the Rivary between themselves and Tiger Airways. Tiger add a new Perth Afternoon service, Jetstar takes a blow, so they just move it.

DEEWHY
30th Sep 2008, 10:18
yep --perth-avalon
The jetstar person I was talking to was quite certain that all operations into avalon were being changed but I hope that its just the perth and adelaide sevices that are affected

Sunstar320
30th Sep 2008, 10:38
Yeah, they have rescheduled all Sydney and Brisbane Flights as well as adding a 7th Daily Sydney sector.

When I got my AVV-SYD emails regarding flight changes, at least I could change the times to suit me better, seing the fare I purchased was restricted to first flight and last flight. Now I have changed to Lunchtimes, so sometimes It can work in your favour!

Dick Smith
30th Sep 2008, 22:27
So ' are they still going to use Avalon?

Sunstar320
1st Oct 2008, 01:10
Yes Dick, Jetstar will still use Avalon. Only for Brisbane (3daily) and Sydney (soon 7 daily). Adelaide also got the chop (not that the times were too great anyway)

Sydney was going up to 9 Daily, but all the recent cutting backs by the Qantas Group had stopped this from occuring.

Anywoo, Whats stopping Virgin Blue from entering Avalon????

sthaussiepilot
1st Oct 2008, 02:18
Id Guess at Qantas and Jetstar would try and prevent VB getting in there
(QF Maint might try and pull something, and J* wouldnt want them there)

No Idea, just a possibility

Led Zeppelin
1st Oct 2008, 02:32
I would imagine Jetstar has a watertight agreement for sole use of the domestic terminal at Avalon. Apron space is also at a premium, and until there is some further construction/building development at Avalon, I think Jetstar will be the only tenant.

blow.n.gasket
1st Oct 2008, 02:47
'Cos it's all about CHOICE!:ok:

Dragon 1
1st Oct 2008, 18:43
The contract between the Avalon operator an Jetstar stops Virgin or any other carrier for that matter using Avalon. I think Jetstar have exclusive use of the airport for another 3 years.

smartalec888
2nd Oct 2008, 00:15
Anyone care to shed any light on rumours that Strategic Aviation might be doing runs for the A332 operation?

tasdevil.f27
2nd Oct 2008, 05:50
did see them advertising for more staff the other day

blow.n.gasket
2nd Oct 2008, 07:48
How's JetStar going to access all that free fuel that's off loaded from the Qantas Jumbo's that tanker in full whenever they go to Avalon for maintenence?:ooh:

Jet_A_Knight
2nd Oct 2008, 07:58
gasket.. you really should seek therapy about your jetstar issues.

It can't be good for a healthy life carrying that much hurt.

blow.n.gasket
2nd Oct 2008, 08:14
Ask the gingerbeers.
What's the problem? The truth hurts does it?:ok:

dodgybrothers
2nd Oct 2008, 08:22
you idiot. Its never happened.

Spodman
6th Nov 2008, 04:16
Well I've been on mostly night shifts since the 24th. Have they stopped going to YMAV?

Bumpfoh
7th Nov 2008, 04:13
As I remember it not too long ago due to no/inadequate fire fighting equipment in the AVV hangars any aircraft entering the hangar for any reason had to be defuelled regardless, and in the case of a B747 this usually equated to approx 30,000kg.
As there was/is inadequate tankerage for storing defuellled Jet A1 the only solution was to have it removed as waste, no doubt the waste company paid a fairly good price for this "waste" fuel but who knows.

What happens currently perhaps someone in the know may help with but I could hardly see them "giving" it to JQ but perhaps it is commercially viable given the cost of the stuff these days versus the waste cost.

So until you have the facts you may wish to cut some slack to blow.n.gasket or even better blown may wish to substantiate his/her claims!:ok:

dodgybrothers
7th Nov 2008, 09:29
i can and I have already said, it doesnt happen.

C441
7th Nov 2008, 23:30
Most QF 744's going to Avalon for maintenance leave Sydney with 25 tons of fuel and arrive with about 12 - 15.

Last one I did the aircraft was towed into the hanger with the arrival fuel still in the tanks. What happens to it after that I'm not sure but they wont leave there with less than 25 tons.