PDA

View Full Version : BT Surf Time

Mooney
5th Aug 2000, 01:25
Does any one use this? 19.99 a month unlimited calls etc? But there seems to be so many catches I gave up reading!!?

Any advice- I'm looking for a 24/7 day a week Free calls UK server- will pay for a subscription- just need the free calls!

Thanks

PS we Don't like any where with Cable!

------------------
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to
make all of them yourself.

R22
5th Aug 2000, 02:03
Freeserve's Unlimited Time Service is better - £10 per month, and you can get that refunded if you dial 162 before your national and international calls. Go to their website for details - I think it's www.freeserve.co.uk, (http://www.freeserve.co.uk,) or something similar.

InFinRetirement
5th Aug 2000, 08:57
Hi Moon.

I have changed over to IG Click. One time payment of £50, and £30 per year = £80. Then £30 per annum. Yes, it is 24/7.

Their number is 0845 6012583.

It takes 20 days to get logged in by then they will have a 155mb Server, hellishly fast. Nice people too.

braindrain.UK
5th Aug 2000, 12:04
Yes.. what has happened to all those companies that promised to give UK users free access and free net calls. Didn't AOL and a few other companies (in a blaze of publicity)say they were going to do this a few months ago ?

Anyone out there in the UK using truly free 24/7 net time ?

Sensible
5th Aug 2000, 13:46
I have just "retuned" to www.thefreeinternet.co.uk (http://www.thefreeinternet.co.uk)
the cost is £50.00 per year and accessed via an 0800 number, seems to be ok, needs a v90 modem and it's a bit tricky getting on line at busy times due to being constantly engaged, but for long sessions, definitely worthwhile. I did speak to another PPRuNer who said that he was connected to an ISP provider for £ 20.00 a year. I didn't get the details though!

Anon-x
6th Aug 2000, 16:41
Internet access 24/7 for only £15 a month!

If you can wait until September Virgin Net are to launch a service called "Stop-the- Clock".

This means that you will be able to stop
paying by the minute for the time you spend online and pay a fixed monthly
charge instead.

A monthly charge of £15 (including VAT) allows you to spend as much time
online as you want, at anytime of the day or night. This is the only charge
you will need to pay. There are no hidden costs and no nasty surprises on
your phone bill!

I am one of 500,000 already using the system! No real complaints. The system slows down at peak times at other times plenty fast enough for me.

Tinstaafl
7th Aug 2000, 02:40
I recently joined ntl: for my internet access.

On a BT phone line I pay 10 quid pm for 24/7 access. The package includes 10 quid worth of phone calls at ntl: rates (approx 1 p /min less than BT but plus a 3.5 p connection fee).

There is also a one-off charge for a telephone line adapter that automatically routes all calls through ntl:'s network.

My connection averages slightly faster than I was achieving with Virgin.net. ntl: say that their internet access is a completely separate digital network. Presumably this accounts for the slight increase?