PDA

View Full Version : October 14, 2008

Tonic Please
29th Sep 2008, 20:45
I had to post this on PPRuNe just for the amusing responses it would get!

YouTube - UFO on 14 October 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DKI93lBMI4&feature=related)

I must admit, if it does happen, I'd properly have to change my underwear, but otherwise, summin to talk 'bout!

:8 :bored: :ok:

(Oh, and turn the speakers off, the music is dreadful).

tarbaby
29th Sep 2008, 21:10
What's wrong with the music, it's the best part of the video.

Sallyann1234
29th Sep 2008, 21:20
If their civilisation is so advanced, it's strange that they can find no better way of introducing themselves to us than through YouTube.
And can't they find a better sound track than crap new-age wailing with pseudo-morse?

TURIN
29th Sep 2008, 21:33
I'm sorry, but considering their so called advanced civilisation, the spelling and grammar is appalling. :}

Tonic Please
29th Sep 2008, 23:08
What you misunderstand, is that some lady in Australia "chanelled" them, and she wrote what they said. This is just an exmaple video of what she wrote that they said! The only "odd" thing is that others had done this before her, independantly, noting down this particular date.

Otherwise, a load of balony - but would be nice to see happen once and for all I suppose. :eek:

G-CPTN
29th Sep 2008, 23:23
So this woman 'hears voices'? :confused:

fireflybob
29th Sep 2008, 23:28
Perhaps they are coming to rescue our world banks from collapse.....

G-SCUD
29th Sep 2008, 23:29
I wasted 6:28 of my life waiting for the punchline that never came. Please don't do that to me again! Oo-er, I'm coming over all poetic - must be that alien influence...

ZEEBEE
30th Sep 2008, 02:35
How unoriginal. :ugh:

You'd kinda think that if people had the technology to come all that way, they'd use some means other than some retard called a "chaneller".

It always disappoints me to hear how limited the scope of these chanellers are ?

Why can't they come up with the answer to Fermat's last Theorom for instance ? Surely the technology must be there ?

Perhaps they're duds ?

Tonic Please
13th Oct 2008, 08:01
Well, heads up tomorrow!!

This thread (on PPRUNE) had to be revised for date reasons and up to date discussion.

http://10-14-08.*************/

Give it a good browse.

:} :ooh:

Wod
13th Oct 2008, 08:26
I note on the video that there is talk of "another intelligent life-form" or something.

See here http://dingo.care2.com/cards/flash/5409/galaxy.swf

for an alternative view on relative intelligence.

I'm also concerned that these people are very boring. Their video certainly is.

But, as ever, I'm open to a new experience :cool:

denis555
13th Oct 2008, 09:47
We wish it to be understood that on the 14th day of your month of October in the year 2008 a craft of great size shall be visible within your skies. It shall be in the south of your hemisphere and it shall scan over many of your states.

It has been decided that we shall remain within your atmosphere for the minimum of three of your twenty four hour periods.

Their geography is a bit iffy too - surely hovering over Washington would be a better way to get their message across than somewhere in the southern hemisphere?

Lon More
13th Oct 2008, 10:03
a better way to get their message across than somewhere in the southern hemisphere

A relic of the dream time??

and if they are so advanced how come they stick to W/T instead of R/T:(

BTW intelligent life has landed before, but I'm only visiting.

Windy Militant
13th Oct 2008, 10:06
surely hovering over Washington would be a better way to get their message across than somewhere in the southern hemisphere?

This shows that they are clearly an Intelligent race and have obviously been observing our Earth so they know what to expect.

Arrive in Auz and get welcomed with " g'day mate have a tinnie"

Arrive over Washington get welcomed with Defcon 1 and a shed load of Patriot missiles up your chuff! ;)

BladePilot
13th Oct 2008, 10:28
Does copyright law not apply to youtube? surely Spielberg would have a case against unathorised use of so much Close Encounters footage:=

But then Hey! if it happens tomorrow who gives a flying f:mad:?

Buster Hyman
13th Oct 2008, 10:37
This wouldn't happen on John Howards watch!!!!

:p

S'land
13th Oct 2008, 11:08
Oh Buggah, we in the Northern Hemisphere will miss seeing this intelligent being's flying saucer. :{:{:{

So that we poor unworthy examples of humanity can share in the joy that is so obviously going to be dispensed by seeing this being, could one of our Antipodean friends please post photographs of the event, both before he is offered a "tinny" and after. A sound recording, again before and after "tinny", would also be appreciated.

shedhead
13th Oct 2008, 12:06
could have picked someone who has a name with more gravitas than Blossom as the messenger! Moon-unit Zappa for instance. :E
Still better put another prawn on the barbie looks like you are getting visitors!

Spikey21
13th Oct 2008, 13:02
Imagine if this actually happened while Howard was in power, little green bastards would have to jump overboard :E

Ripline
13th Oct 2008, 14:56
Arrrgh....ooorgh...<zip-zip-zip>....Channeling.......ack ack ack

..we're NOT green...

<AT4> lost carrier

Bloody Hell, what happened just then?

Ripline :E

merlinxx
13th Oct 2008, 15:34
Shame she was pissed at the time, bloody hell it's a 'Moody Blues' revival concert!

Or was this bint 'On The Threshold of a Dream'?:E

RiscOS
13th Oct 2008, 16:04
Well here we are five hours into Oct 14 and......................................

Nothing's happened. :(:(:{

Exciting innit, just like 1/1/2000

Mind you I haven't looked outside yet.

shedhead
13th Oct 2008, 18:30
Ha! you only think nothings happened, that's because of the new world order's mind control rays making you see empty skies when in reality...
you should have worn your tin foil hat! now you are theirs! theirs! I tell you!
must go for a little lie down now.

Phill
13th Oct 2008, 20:03
Maybe someone should give the ATCOs etc. a heads up, this buggers 2000 miles long so that's gonna blip out the radar screen somewhat:ooh:

They better have 8.33 :}

off to garage with a tin of bacofoil and a flat cap to make my defences......

Buster Hyman
13th Oct 2008, 21:03
Ok...8:01 here in MEL....with trepidation, I look to the sky....

:eek:

OMFG!!!!!

THERE'S A HUGE GREY THING IN THE SKY!!!! IT STRETCHES FROM HORIZON TO HORIZON...OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!

What? Oh, sorry, it's cloudy here this morning.

CityofFlight
14th Oct 2008, 03:06
I think the UFO craft must be releasing their 'dirty water' holding tanks. It's raining like a Son-of-a-Xon! :eek: :suspect:

BlueWolf
14th Oct 2008, 03:28
I don't see nothin' :suspect:

(ducks outside momentarily)

Nope.
:*

scran
14th Oct 2008, 03:38
Only raining where you are COF - fine down here in the Southern Hemisphere (although it did pi$$ down at 0330 last night/this morning..:eek:)

indiscipline_girl
14th Oct 2008, 03:38
ZEEBEE

Why can't they come up with the answer to Fermat's last Theorom for instance ?

nb, it was proved by the mathematician Andrew Wiles in 1995. It took him seven years to figure it out. Maybe these higher beings couldv'e done it a bit faster.

CityofFlight
14th Oct 2008, 04:00
Well, Scran, I guess the 'beings' have re-positioned their craft. Not only have they been experiencing our breweries, they've been sampling Mexican food, cause winds have kicked up! :uhoh: :eek:

Buster Hyman
14th Oct 2008, 04:02
Okay...I've just made contact....

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa312/carlafreschimascaro/alf_telefonuje.jpg

CityofFlight
14th Oct 2008, 04:14
Buster!!! Thank God, it's you!! I've missed you. :D

I'll get the landfills ready for your waste. :ok:

Howard Hughes
14th Oct 2008, 06:16
Buster needs a septic tank not a landfill!;)

CityofFlight
14th Oct 2008, 06:25
You boys...! There's enough space for both of you to put out! (gee, that didn't sound quite right, did it?) :O ;)

Wod
14th Oct 2008, 06:34
Been a balmy sea-breezy day in S.E.Queensland so far.

Nothing untoward.

Think I'll have a G & T - that sometimes brings out the Buster's mate and assorted green time travellers. (Well actually it takes more than one - usually)

Think I'll replay the Pythons' Amazing Universe as I quaff.

denis555
14th Oct 2008, 07:02
Nothing here either.

Maybe they parked the mothership too close to the Black Holethe the Hadron Collider produced - the space equivalent of being towed away I suppose:uhoh:

Buster Hyman
14th Oct 2008, 08:30
There's enough space for both of you to put out!

Careful Howard...I think it's a trap!:suspect:

S'land
14th Oct 2008, 10:53
As there have been no reports of the alien flying saucer in the Southern Hemisphere it proves that it did happen. All of the governments in the world just conspired to keep it quiet.

Ooops! A large black automobile with blacked out windows has just pulled up outside the front door. I must find somewhere safe to hide my tinfoil headgear.

shedhead
14th Oct 2008, 11:04
this sculpture I have made from my mashed spuds, it looks like....my local pub!
Must go there, must not let anything stop me, I have been invited!
Should I buy some peanuts just in case?

RiscOS
14th Oct 2008, 11:18
Tis now Wednesday 15/10/2008.

Outside is a big round white thing with American footprints on it, contrary to malicious claims on another ridiculous thread. Other than that, nothing.:( :( :(

Buggah :{

I now confidently predict that nothing unearthly will happen in NZ on 14th Oct 2008.
Up to you Oz or SA or South America !

G-CPTN
14th Oct 2008, 11:28
Can you see what it is, yet?

(It is only fair to point out that only believers will be able to see it . . . )

scran
15th Oct 2008, 00:33
Well...nothing seen in Oz either.

Maybe the aliens were confused when they wrote the message (or were standing on their heads) and instead of appearing "down under" it will appear "up over" today (because, as usual - the USA is a day behind us Aussies.........:E :ok: :D )

Romeo India Xray
15th Oct 2008, 01:07
instead of appearing "down under" it will appear "up over" today

All was a bit on the dark side when got into work (RIX, Latvia) yesterday, stayed that way until after 7:30am in agreement with reports of this thing being of previously unheard of magnitude. I put my personal fear aside and decided to pop up there to have a look. Turned out it was only a 200' overcast, CAVOK on top. Maybe this thing is manifesting itself as CLOUD? Had anyone thought of that, ha?

Right - hands up who saw a cloud "down under" yesterday :hmm:

EIX

denis555
15th Oct 2008, 06:51
The non appearance is probally down to leaves on the line.

Windy Militant
15th Oct 2008, 12:59
If it does turn up...... all together now Alien Invasion (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f5EZdFc3i-M):}

BladePilot
15th Oct 2008, 14:50
Apparently no flight plan therfore no slot b:mad:x have a word with Ops would you Chewbaccy:ok:

Lazy Gun
15th Oct 2008, 16:52
Finally first contact...

...but going by the youtube video they sound more like a bunch of intersteller hippys. I am suprised they are not coming over here to Amsterdam first...

G-CPTN
15th Oct 2008, 17:46
Ani fule kno that 14/10/2008 is the tenth day of the fourteenth month . . .

SilsoeSid
15th Oct 2008, 18:09
We wish it to be understood that on the 14th day of your month of October in the year 2008 a craft of great size shall be visible within your skies. It shall be in the south of your hemisphere and it shall scan over many of your states.

That'll be a Full Moon then :rolleyes:

I saw a bright red spot on Jupiter, but couldn't see Uranus. :E