PDA

View Full Version : Gender neutral toilets!

glazierflyer
29th Sep 2008, 18:51
Just been watching BBC North West news, and a green haired swampy student claims that "women who believe they are men should be able to use the gents, and vice versa".

I thought students went to university to study!
However now at Manchester university the signs on the toilets have changed to "toilets with urinals" and "toilets without urinals".

PC madness gone mad!

tony draper
29th Sep 2008, 18:55
BiBogs huh? had em in Japan in the sixties,very disconcerting.:uhoh:

con-pilot
29th Sep 2008, 19:00
Most toilets in China do not have urinals, only a hole in the ground.

Davaar
29th Sep 2008, 19:10
The Davaar daughter attended a French lycee where this was the custom. I think Frau Davaar may have collected her at noon for a "home visit". The uproar from da Henglish parents led to separate "facilities". The French could never really understand the need, although for the sake of peace and desire for the fees they indulged the demand.

Of course at Versailles in the great days they solved the problem by not having any facilities at all.

in China do not have urinals, only a hole in the ground

.... and in the train from Guangdong to Hong Kong that hole is in the middle of an ocean of, ummm.

Loose rivets
29th Sep 2008, 19:12
My bruv was telling me yesterday, that he met an old lady that grew up in his house. Georgian dry stone structure.

Out the back was the dunnie or is it dunny? and there were three seats side by side, with no dividers. No pipes, just a hole.

This state of affairs lasted until only 20 odd years ago.

tony draper
29th Sep 2008, 19:12
Well French blokes just pee in the street don't they? ergo French ladies have the Bogs to themselves.
:)

Farrell
29th Sep 2008, 19:17
I find separate toilets to be hilarious!

Do you have them at home as well? Doubt it!

G-CPTN
29th Sep 2008, 19:27
there were three seats side by side, with no dividers. No pipes, just a hole.About 1955, camping on a farm at Wells (Somerset) the facilities there were communal earth closets with smaller, lower seats for children. I don't believe that there was any other provision for the farm owners.

Lon More
29th Sep 2008, 20:47
three seats side by side, with no dividers

The family that ***ts together ....?

Matari
29th Sep 2008, 20:55
As always, the ancient Romans were ahead of their time...

WC in Ephesus, Turkey:

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd332/bulamatari/PB190305.jpg (http://www.pprune.org/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd332/bulamatari/PB190305.jpg%5B/IMG%5D)

ShyTorque
29th Sep 2008, 20:55
On a forest campsite near Sanguinet I had the dubious pleasure of holding a nervous conversation over four foot wall, standing face to face with a French lady who suddenly appeared in front of me.

On her side of the wall (inside) were the dishwashing facilities. On my side was the open air urinal. :uhoh:

tony draper
29th Sep 2008, 20:59
Yer lucky Mr T, in my day that four foot wall would not have been there.:uhoh::rolleyes:

Richard Taylor
29th Sep 2008, 21:00
Wish they'd stop fannying around. This idea will just get bogged down.

ShyTorque
29th Sep 2008, 21:02
Good thing it was though, Mr. D. Officers aren't allowed to p*** in the sink ;)

Davaar
29th Sep 2008, 21:26
WC in Ephesus, Turkey

Those guys were men of vision, they built to last.

pigboat
29th Sep 2008, 21:34
Those guys were men of vision, they built to last.
My sentiments exactly. That wooden floor has stood up extremely well.

Davaar
29th Sep 2008, 22:00
The joists are well-seated.

Alloa Akbar
29th Sep 2008, 22:11
Steady on with the thread topic fellas.. George Michael will be along any minute.. :E

tony draper
29th Sep 2008, 22:16
There's a very similar one up ont' Roman Wall one suspects the brickwork was a bit higher though tiz draughty up here.
:)

ExSp33db1rd
29th Sep 2008, 23:29
........and there were three seats side by side.........

Heard of one family that had this arrangement and the middle hole was an irregular shape - they had an eccentric Uncle.

ShyTorque
29th Sep 2008, 23:33
Strange, that. I heard of one family who had a toilet cistern made from a twin choke Weber.

It was for their carb-uncle.

tony draper
30th Sep 2008, 00:04
Speaking of strange toilet facilities,one looked after a cable laying gang once, such chaps were very fond of tea and carried all the equipment with them necessary to manufacture this beverage, met them on site one morning to find them all in a right rage,someone had took a poo in their kettle.:uhoh:

G-CPTN
30th Sep 2008, 00:05
It is a reasonably well-known fact that the Romans used a piece of (natural) sponge attached to a stick as toilet 'paper'. This was rinsed in water between applications.
http://users.bestweb.net/~bennetc/Romans.jpg

A lesser known fact (or PSOI) is that this is the origin of the phrase 'getting hold of the shitty end of the stick' . . .

Davaar
30th Sep 2008, 06:30
... and of course to say that someone is a real "sponger" ... Ah, Just forget it.

AA SLF
30th Sep 2008, 07:17
Growing up on the Ranch we only had a "one-hole" wooden outhouse. Last years Sears, Roebuck catalog for toilet paper! Was separate "one-holers" (Boys and Girls each) at the Grade school. The horses we rode to school just crapped in the school yard corner where we tethered them. Me Granny had to teach me about "indoor" facilities when went to town and used the facility in the store.

I guess this gives a clue to the fact that I am older than dirt - eh? :p

ChrisVJ
30th Sep 2008, 07:36
A few years ago visited a well known restaurant on the slopes at Kitzbuel. the outhouse was through the barn and consisted of a seat with a hole. A brief glance showed one was standing over a drop of, maybe, a couple of hundred feet.

Draughty too, at minus 15C!

ORAC
30th Sep 2008, 08:04
Unisex toilets? We can't take this sitting down! We have to stand up for our rights, otherwise we'll just end up in a pissing contest.

ArthurR
30th Sep 2008, 12:51
I thought all toillets are gender neutral, they don't give a sh!t, take quiet allot though. :E

Davaar
30th Sep 2008, 14:26
Is there any real issue here? Can we not just drop this?

tony draper
30th Sep 2008, 14:43
"But what about all the crude Graffiti on the walls"?
"Well the men will just have to get used to it"
:rolleyes:

frostbite
30th Sep 2008, 15:39
Many a true word, Mr D.

When I worked in a local school, we had to do some work in the girls toilets during the holidays.

The graffiti was MUCH worse than in the boy's toilets.

AA SLF
30th Sep 2008, 21:42
Davaar -

Looks like you were going to get your wish, as I found this thread at the very bottom of page-1 ready to drop off to page-2 and sure oblivion.

Speaking of "unisex facilities" I have seen a few in public places here in the USA simply marked "FAMILY" . . . . :eek: