PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair online check-in mistake

Bootcamp
29th Sep 2008, 16:21
Checked in online today for a flight later in the week. I made a small typo in my check in where I put in the wrong expiry date of my passport. The 12th instead of the 21st.

Did this happen to anyone before?? If I am stopped will I be able to check in at the desk instead?? Or do security even bother to check these things??

Booty

ihatechewinggum
29th Sep 2008, 21:17
I made this same mistake twice - no one picked it up at security, or at passport control at the destination. I think you'll be fine, especially if it's an obvious slip.

Johnny F@rt Pants
30th Sep 2008, 19:55
If they ask you, you could always tell them that you're dyslexic and didn't realise you'd slipped up:}

Number34
1st Oct 2008, 07:04
Once did a similar thing, some people can get through without a worry but it cause some problems if it is noticed later on down the line. Just go to the check in desk, tell them what you did and they will fix it up for you mate.

Bootcamp
1st Oct 2008, 17:19
Love the I'm dyslexic reply!! Flying tommorrow morning so hopefully everything will be ok.

Thanks for the replys. If I get past security I should be ok as the passport number is not on the boarding part of the ticket.:ok:

Rainboe
1st Oct 2008, 19:33
Nobody checks that sort of stuff. If they point it out to you, just don't see it. When they start getting frustrated, run through a 5 minute pantomine of reading out the numbers and making the wrong numbers appear 'right' to you because of your dyslexia. If anybody makes anything of it, say 'well if I only had one leg, would you not accept my passport because of it?' and get hysterical. They will hand you your passport. But don't worry about it because nobody cares anyway! As long as it is valid for 6 months with a reasonable piccie of you, that's all.

But whatever you do, don't look nervous or anxious. Hand them that thing while you are reading a paper and picking your teeth with a toothpick. It will distract them and they will be thinking about bollocking you or remonstrating rather than checking anything at the critical moment. I know these tricks, I went to boarding school. The cooler you are, the more successful you will be. But if you ask anybody, they will say 'no!'