PDA

View Full Version : DVD on 98

mad_jock
8th Jul 2001, 02:04
First of all top marks for upgrade.
We will see ho much fire is created by the new star system :) 3 days and it will be faster.

Right a bit of back ground i noramlly only deal with NT + 2k and unix at server level so i am a bit pants at configuring 95/98 and don't have a clue with usb.

Due to the fact i have just been dumped offshore (a f*cking boat) i purchased a freecom external kit for USB so i could take my DVD collection with me. I don't have time to set linux up on the laptop and i also want to take fs2000 + wingman with me.

It works fine with remselct + creative DVD player etc apart from certain films (gladiator) as soon as it gets into a fighting scene it craps out and gives a black screen.

Any hints?

I have a creative DVD which is normaly used through a DX3, and have never had problems with it using the IDE bus. The laptop is a toshiba 3020 with 128 ram running on 98 without off course the dx3.

Help! i have 2 weeks before sat connection width, shared with telemetry traffic!!!!

MJ

spannersatcx
8th Jul 2001, 10:50
I once had a creative DVD and DXR3 it was absolute carp. Sent it back in the end and got a refund. Have a look at the forums on the creative site, don't expect any tech support though it's non existant. I now have a pioneer DVD and Hollywood+ decoder card, 1000 times better.