MakeItHappenCaptain
28th Sep 2008, 11:52
Heard on BN CEN the other day;

"QF-XXX request direct Hamilton Island due Carbon Emmisions Reduction"

ATC; "I'll pay that one, track direct Hamilton Island"

Other; "Ruddy would be proud!"

turbantime
29th Sep 2008, 06:38
Umm, Qantas don't fly to HTI so I'd imagine it was Virgin/Jetstar. Don't mean to be rude but can't see QF pilots being humorous!! :)

sthaussiepilot
29th Sep 2008, 07:06
Haha

Nice Excuse there :ok::}

an3_bolt
29th Sep 2008, 07:13
Umm, Qantas don't fly to HTI so I'd imagine it was Virgin/Jetstar. Don't mean to be rude but can't see QF pilots being humorous!!

HTI is often on the BNE-CNS route - so it could be QF or any other flight level traffic tracking north overflying HTI. Just thinking outside the square.......:{

Tee Emm
29th Sep 2008, 13:39
QF-XXX request direct Hamilton Island due Carbon Emmisions Reduction"

ATC; "I'll pay that one, track direct Hamilton Island"

Other; "Ruddy would be proud!"

That little example of gay banter proves the point made by A37575 in Dunnunda Reporting Points about slack-arse unprofessional radio chatter by airline pilots..

Capt Fathom
29th Sep 2008, 13:54
Of course, there is no unprofessional radio banter in 'the rest of the world':rolleyes:

sthaussiepilot
29th Sep 2008, 14:28
That little example of gay banter proves the point made by A37575 in Dunnunda Reporting Points about slack-arse unprofessional radio chatter by airline pilots..

He probably just lighted the controllers day a little bit...

Can you name a job where there has never been any "slack-arse unprofessional" behaviour (as you put it), another way of phrasing it would be "fun" but maybe only Australia's allowed to do that :rolleyes:

He made a light hearted comment... see the funny side... move on...
its not like he said:

"Ohhhhh QFXXX goin to Hamilton Island......direct............and yeah....cheers "brother" "

That would be incredibly wrong, and I could see why you would be getting so "rough" about it..

He still did it professionally, ATC responded with humor aswell....

(Just my Thoughts...)

glekichi
29th Sep 2008, 14:54
Somebody needs to lighten up!
What is so unprofessional about a little humour to add a human element to r/t communications?
If you ask me, true professionalism is about knowing when a bit of fun is or is not appropriate.
Those with a blanket rule that 'fun' has no place in aviation are probably just out to stop others enjoying their work because they themselves lack the competence to relax, enjoy their flying, and do a safe and professional job at the same time.

Jamair
29th Sep 2008, 16:26
Jeezuz, Tee emm, LIGHTEN UP!:bored:

Tee Emm
30th Sep 2008, 00:10
Jeezuz, Tee emm, LIGHTEN UP!

Obviously fighting a losing battle here! Bowing out gracefully...

TeHoroto
30th Sep 2008, 02:15
Generally those that get the most uptight about RT professionalism are making up for there lack of ability in other areas. 'Wood from the trees' comes to mind.

MakeItHappenCaptain
30th Sep 2008, 02:58
Sung to Rolling Stones "Harlem Shuffle"

"The thread drifts sloooooooowly to the right........yeah"

flyhigh744
30th Sep 2008, 12:44
Haha good one :ok:

Made me crack up:D