PDA

View Full Version : Toronto vs Buffalo

tiggerpurrrz
28th Sep 2008, 00:51
Hey Guys...

I have a question...why is it quite a bit cheaper to fly from Buffalo as apposed to flying out of Toronto, I mean Toronto and Buffalo are not exactly far apart from each other...lol....is it a tax thing?:confused:

jubilee
28th Sep 2008, 14:55
Think you answered your own question about the tax. Last time I was in Buffalo(10 years), I seem to think it was in USA. Toronto is in Canada. Different countries,rules will be different.
Regards
Jubilee

tiggerpurrrz
28th Sep 2008, 16:26
:) I was more curious than anything, I am studying Travel & Tourism in school and it seems that people here (I'm close to Toronto) are actually driving the 1-2 hrs to Buffalo for the cheaper fares as apposed to flying out of Pearson Intl, I really can't blame those people as it is something I would probably do myself.:)

luvly jubbly
28th Sep 2008, 17:43
There are plenty who fly from YHM to the UK. We were pretty full all summer:ok:

tiggerpurrrz
28th Sep 2008, 18:02
:ugh: I forgot about YHM...lol:ok:

tiggerpurrrz
28th Sep 2008, 18:12
:confused: What carriers fly from YHM?

jubilee
29th Sep 2008, 20:12
Flyglobespan.com
Regards
Jubilee

barit1
29th Sep 2008, 22:06
Did DHC ever build a Toronto?

:}

Intruder
29th Sep 2008, 23:38
I suspect it is more a case of supply & demand, or the vagaries of the insane airline pricing [non]system, than taxes...

Much of my family lives in the Rochester-Buffalo area. Last time they came out west, they found it was MUCH cheaper to fly from Pittsburgh than either Rochester or Buffalo -- enough to make the 3-hour drive VERY worthwhile.

tiggerpurrrz
30th Sep 2008, 04:16
:) Well it's interesting that's for sure, the one thing that I have noticed about flying out of a US city is that there seems to be many stop overs or connecting flights..more so than what I have noticed here in Toronto.