PDA

View Full Version : How much multi time do you recommend from ppl-mei?

Customx
27th Sep 2008, 00:40
I'm looking at a place like Star Bright Aviation ( Star Bright Aviation (http://www.starbrightaviation.com/programs.html) ) They have a commercial pilot program, which will take me from ppl-mei for about $40,000. This also includes housing, materials, checkride fees and written test fees.

I'm wondering how much multi time is really necessary, especially if I were to get my MEI. Would I be just as well off with 30-40 hours of multi time and instructing in a place like Florida to increase the hours, or is there any key advantage to spending more money while in training on the course and getting 100+ multi hours? The multi-time would be PIC, not safety pilot time. Besides the obvious difference in price, what benefits will I have with paying for more hours?

I don't have any of my ratings. I'm planning to go from private-mei. The program that I'm interested in includes 35 hours of PIC multi time. I was thinking of adding 15 additional hours, with a wet price of $185/hr. Will an extra 15 hours really make any difference?

Customx
28th Sep 2008, 06:37
anyone? :sad: