PDA

View Full Version : Heliservices HK

ECB4
27th Sep 2008, 00:25
Anybody got the inside skinny on this company?
How much does one need to live in Hong Kong?
Can you buy melamine free dairy products there?

Appreciate any feedback

Cheers.

SayItIsntSo
27th Sep 2008, 02:24
Great company, great people, great flying!

The pay enough to have a pretty good lifestyle.

Probably!

ECB4
27th Sep 2008, 02:44
I guess life "inside the glasshouse" is good enough not to throw stones.
Would it ripple the pond if I could ask in approximate figures what one should expect as a reward for ones talents in that part of the world. PM,s OK if discretion required.

Cheers.

spinwing
27th Sep 2008, 03:35
Mmmmm ...

Used to be that you needed to have a UK Licence (or one considered to be an equivalent) to fly there ..... is that still the case?

:hmm:

gulliBell
27th Sep 2008, 06:22
No, it doesn't matter what your native licence is, as long as it's ICAO. You'll go through the HKCAD process, submit credentials, based on that they'll decree what exams you need to take, and then do a flight test. At the end of the process you'll get a Hong Kong licence.

For this job though you'll need to be sharp on long-lining vertical reference skills.

Ned-Air2Air
27th Sep 2008, 06:53
Last time I visited they had a couple of Lamas and an AS355 (N model I think).

From time to time you might also get to fly Michaels (the big boss) MD520N.

Good bunch of people there and I think it might still be run by a Canadian guy, Grant Hislop seems to ring a bell.

Ned

rotorboy
28th Sep 2008, 04:08
Who said they were looking:rolleyes:
I had been told in the past it was a good wage, living allowance, and paid vacations

Mark Six
28th Sep 2008, 05:27
Who said they were looking? The "Pilot Wanted" ad in Friday's Australian was a bit of a clue...
Good pay, great company, low tax, reasonable cost of living, BUT if you have school age children forget it, unless your spouse can also find a job in HK. International school fees are very high. You get paid in $HK, which is pegged to the US dollar.

Ned-Air2Air
28th Sep 2008, 17:43
Mark Six would know :ok: