PDA

View Full Version : air baltic

negativefx
26th Sep 2008, 22:15
Anyone goes there next tuesday?:)

Robin Duthoo
1st Oct 2008, 15:00
Hi
I guess you were alluding to some Air baltic assessement.
Are they currently hiring low timers?
I sent an application about 2 weeks ago, don't know what to expect.

cedex
2nd Oct 2008, 14:52
yeah, got the call 1 hr ago...just waiting for the email they would send with the details:D

ElitePilot
2nd Oct 2008, 14:57
Cedex: Are they paying for you to travel from the states?

fido
2nd Oct 2008, 18:19
I had an interview with Air Baltic a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it was on the same day that SAS announced they were pulling out of Air Baltic and it was also the same day that the Latvians announced that they were considering introducing conscription to defend against the threat of Russian invasion! Whilst it was really useful to have a practice interview and they did pay for the flights, I decided not to work for them. The shift pattern is 5 days on and 2 days off from a base in Latvia. As travelling home takes most of a day, I would not see my family except during leave. They are a lovely bunch of people, the administrators in particular are friendly and very helpful. The level of English in Riga is very good too. Hotel was lovely and prices are pretty cheap. Food for thought for all of you potential employees of Air Baltic.

Robin Duthoo
3rd Oct 2008, 08:59
hi cedex, this is interesting.
I've just completed an integrated cpl ir mcc, so I don't know if my profile can be considerded for interviews with AB.
May I ask you about your flying experience?

aerocommander
3rd Oct 2008, 10:35
I'm going over there on monday, to have my 2'nd interview with air Baltic the tuesday. There isn't to much information on what to expect.

negativefx
3rd Oct 2008, 11:12
they don t take low timers

aerocommander
3rd Oct 2008, 17:59
What is the definition of a low timer, anyone?

cedex
3rd Oct 2008, 18:09
below 1000hrs i would say...alot of companieswants 1500hrs though

642vgs
5th Oct 2008, 11:21
Just for the record, they do/did take low timers. I was offered a job at the begining of the year. I had about 500hrs with no commercial experience. I did have a Type rating on the 737 but it was about 8 months since I'd passed my skills test. I was 44 years old at the time of the interviews too!

The 1st day was ATPL type questions, a Q&A session with the chief pilot and a sim test (made me laugh that, it was on microsoft flightsim!)

The second day (about a month later) was 5hrs 1 to 1 with a psychologist. Good fun that!

I was offered a job working in Riga on the 737 but got a better offer in the UK so took that. Riga looked a really nice place and the girls.....oh the girls!!
Wage wasn't too hot though 2200euros a month BEFORE tax.

CFM56-7B
5th Oct 2008, 20:02
On pilotjobsnetwork it doesn't look very good right now! But maybe is just rumors...

Anyway months ago I heard of people without a type being offerd a job (with just a bond for the type! Not even a SSTR!) and of people with 1000 hours and also a few hundreds on the 737 being refused the same job. Doesn't make much sense to me...

Maybe you just need to be well introduced?:E

I'm below 30, with a type on 737, applied this january and they didn't even call me back for the interwiev... but who cares! Got other 2 job offers the month after.

Right now it doesn't look good anywhere but good luck anyway!:ok:

cedex
8th Oct 2008, 11:08
Had a interview with AB yesterdayhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif, and they called me back today, and invited me back for the psychological test next week, and it is scheduled to last 5 hours! What can I expect in those tests? anybody know?? Appreciate any tips!http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/nerd.gif

Anyways, AB seemed like a very nice place to work. The people I talked to yesterday, was very nice, and gave me a good feeling about the company. So now i'm just hoping everything goes well next week!http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

yoland
8th Oct 2008, 13:06
Worked for Air Baltic a few years ago on a contract.A fantastic bunch of people to work with and Riga is a cool little city. Strongly advise anyone who has the chance to grab it.Flying in to all the major airports and winter operation has to be experienced.:ok: