PDA

View Full Version : A320 Flight control laws question

picollo
26th Sep 2008, 21:48
hello all,

I understand that the 320 is limited to 30 degrees nose up and 15 nose down.

What happens if you are in cruise FL360, and you pull the stick all the way back, where does the pitch stop?

also in cruise at FL 360 , if you move the stick all the way right or left where does the bank stop.

I am inclined to think that they stop way below the normal limits but cannot find any definite answers.

any ideas??

thanks

18-Wheeler
26th Sep 2008, 22:52
If it's anything like the A330 then it's limited to 67° angle of bank, 20° nose-up, etc.
If you put the joystick hard-over at any point in flight the plane will roll over to 67° AoB and stay there as long as you hold the joystick in that position, then when you release the stick it'll reduce the roll to 30°. (That right, 'Bus people?)

JotaJota
26th Sep 2008, 22:54
Under normal law, it should stop at the limits.... But who knows what Fify will do. Will try next time I fly! hahaha :eek:

avionneta
27th Sep 2008, 20:08
you're likely to reach the alpha floor protection that will give you full thrust and you will fly alpha max, full aft stick, with the corresponding attitude that is surely well below 30° at high altitude.
note that the limit is 25° at low speed (don't if it is valid for sppeds close to high speed stall)