PDA

View Full Version : Human factors question for experts

zooom
26th Sep 2008, 21:38
Who can provide human factors training for maintenance technicians?
Does it has to be Part 147 organization, or it can be done by some other institution or individual qualified instructor?

Rigga
26th Sep 2008, 23:21
A qualifed trainer can do HF training as long as the course syllabus conforms to the requirements of EASA and therefore the national authority.
My company has just "hired in" a trainer who is not Part 147 approved but his course has been recognised by the UK CAA as suitable for HF training.

Hope this helps.

slycamel
2nd Oct 2008, 11:50
Isnt HF training done under the 145 approval?

BAe146s make me cry
2nd Oct 2008, 12:15
The definitions are a bit blurred are they not? Seemingly EASA
was introduced to further complicate matters, audit NAAs
and not correct subsequent findings...

Poxy politics - relevance to safety? Zero..

However, coming back to subject, HF training must meet the
requirements of Part145.A.30(e) Using guidance material found in CAP 716.

CAP 716: Aviation Maintenance Human Factors (EASA Part-145) | Publications | CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=275)

Length of course is variable, I however have used & fully endorse this lot.

Lufthansa Resource | Technical Training | Human Factors (http://www.lrtt.co.uk/content.php?id=51&tpl=3)

BAe146??? :{:{:{

Capot
5th Oct 2008, 20:39
HF training does not have to be provided by a Part 147-approved organisation. It was envisaged, rather short-sightedly, that the training would be carried out by Part 145-approved MROs and the the QAM would ensure that it followed the requirements of Part 145.A.30(e), with the AMC and GM.

If you buy training that is not provided within an MRO, ie by an independent company, as most contractors have to do, you should make sure that their course is approved by the industry and is reputable and properly done. Igonore cheap courses that take less time than is needed to get the material across; most QAMs can recognise this a mile off and some providers are blacklisted.

LRTT offer good courses as the post above says, and Bostonair Technical Training (http://www.bostonairtraining.com) do the same in Bristol with Refresher courses every other Friday and Initial courses about once a month at weekends. They throw in Fuel Tank Safety L1 as an option.

HAWK21M
22nd Oct 2008, 11:00
Out here training has to be conducted by an approved institute conforming to the requirements in place by the regulatory authority of the state in which is airline is registered.
regds
MEL

cmacltd
3rd Nov 2008, 03:05
Zoom, can be done as indicated by an accepted trainer. I have been doing this for some 6 years, tailoring the course to the Company's operations. Makes it useful and efficient, and done on site is an added benefit. Hold FAA acceptance also. Pm me or em to [email protected] for more details ~ CW:D

Rigga
7th Nov 2008, 21:13
MODs - Sorry if this constitutes an advert - delete this if you wish.
but....I can recommend cmac.ltd.

Rigga

Bus429
17th Nov 2008, 18:30
CMAC (Chris)
See your email.

Bus429