PDA

View Full Version : Anyone manage to get free ryanair flights on their current promotion?

smith
25th Sep 2008, 22:58
Just on here to gloat, managed to get me and the bird a trip to Paris for lunch for 2p, yes 2p each total. Flying PIK-Beavais out in the morning back at night, online check in, no bags, no speedy boarding and I have an electron card so no booking fee. Literally I have paid 4p for us both. Also we are going to Dublin for a few beers as well for 4p.

While I was at it, bought me bro and his wife a return for his birthday, my sis and her hubby, and my mate and his wife trips for their anniversaries'. They will all be thinkin I'm a great buddy/brother, little do they know I've spent less than 20p for 16 flights.

Anyone got any idea how much the bus is into Paris from Beavais?

Michael SWS
25th Sep 2008, 23:13
I'd rather pay £59 on Eurostar than 2p on Ryanair... but I guess that isn't an option from Scotland. :)

boardingpass
26th Sep 2008, 08:05
I don't understand why Ryanair offer these flights below cost. If it's to attract new passengers to try their service, surely they know that no-one in their right mind would go back to Ryanair a second time unless it was seriously the cheapest or only option available. Is it perhaps to boost their passenger figures and therefore artificially seem more popular than they really are??

Newforest2
26th Sep 2008, 08:09
Certainly never got any free flights from my Ryanair credit card as promised. Ryanair and Barclays have now separated.

Seat62K
26th Sep 2008, 08:17
I fly regularly routes on which Ryanair and easyJet compete and tend to choose Ryanair for two reasons: to avoid the unpleasant "boarding experience" which is so often typical of flying easyJet and the latter's relatively poor punctuality on the routes in question. I would do so even if the fares were the same.
I've yet to have a Ryanair flight cancelled after I'd commenced travel so perhaps my opinion might change if this were ever to happen. In the meantime, I keep my fingers crossed.

smith
26th Sep 2008, 14:56
Certainly never got any free flights from my Ryanair credit card as promised. Ryanair and Barclays have now separated.

THey parted company with MBNA as well as I previously had a Ryanair credit card.

I think I am in the minority in that I have visa electron card and hence no booking fee. They state on their website that they made over 250,000 bookings in one day, a record for them, when the promotion first came out. Booking fee's are now £8rtn if you don't have electron, so they probably made over £2m on booking fees alone in one day, then add airport checkin, checked bag fees etc and it was probably closer to £4m in a day, not bad if you can get it.

Michael SWS
26th Sep 2008, 18:00
They state on their website that they made over 250,000 bookings in one day, a record for them, when the promotion first came out. Booking fee's are now £8rtn if you don't have electron, so they probably made over £2m on booking fees alone in one day, then add airport checkin, checked bag fees etc and it was probably closer to £4m in a day, not bad if you can get it.But an income of £4m is not great if you're going to have to pay government taxes of £5m and airport charges of another few million for those 250,000 passengers...

Michael SWS
26th Sep 2008, 18:18
Anyone got any idea how much the bus is into Paris from Beavais?There's a shuttle bus that meets each arriving flight, and takes about 1 hour 15 minutes to reach Paris Porte Maillot. It costs €13 (just over £10) each way. Porte Maillot is at the very end of Metro Line 1, so you will have to take a Metro from there into the centre of town (another 30 minutes or so).

The shuttle leaves Beauvais 20 minutes after the flight arrives. The flight from PIK arrives at 09:10 and the bus departs at 09:30. If you miss that bus there's one 5 minutes later for a flight from Sweden but then there isn't another one until 14:30.

Or you can take a taxi to Beauvais station (€11) and an RER train from there to Gare du Nord.

A taxi into the city costs about €120.

The return bus departs Paris Porte Maillot at 19:50, arriving at Beauvais at 21:05 for the 22:50 flight to Prestwick. You're going to have to leave the centre of the city by about 7 to be certain of getting that bus.

So... in addition to your fare you're looking at an additional £20 each on bus fares and a 2-hour transfer to and from Paris. Welcome to Ryanair. :D

SXB
26th Sep 2008, 20:54
Smith
I hate to be the one to break this to you but Beauvais is not in Paris, it's more than 100 kms north of the city, calling Beauvais Paris is like saying Reims is also in Paris, it's a different city.You'll spend 2.5hrs each way getting to and from Paris.

Paris has two major airports - Orly and Roissy, you can get to the centre of the city quite quickly from both.

If you're just intending to go and have lunch you'd be better off staying in Beauvais. If you do finally make it to Paris expect to pay more than 2p for lunch, quality food in Paris costs money, just like quality airlines. Though you can probably get lunch in any Paris Macdonalds for less than €15....

smith
27th Sep 2008, 12:11
Don't think I'm goig to bother going now, does anyone think I got any chance of ryanair refunding the 4p?