PDA

View Full Version : Air Hong Kong

rider of the storm
25th Sep 2008, 18:41
Hello Night Drivers,

I am trying to find some info on the AHK selection process. I have been invited for the initial interview in singapore and would greatly appreciate any input on what to expect.

Thanks in advance

ROTS

Flying Mechanic
25th Sep 2008, 18:55
Best you look at the Fragrant harbour forum, AHK is well covered there.

hjmemon
25th Sep 2008, 22:10
Hi ROTS,
Whens did you apply?
HJM

rider of the storm
26th Sep 2008, 03:54
FLying Mechanic,

Already tried the Fragrant Harbor, but the available info seems very much out of date.

HJM,

I applied about 4 month ago. Never received any feedback, not even a "we've received your application" email, until last week where I got an email inviting me to the interview.

I've got 4000 hrs + 800 hrs on the A300-600/A310. Hope this isn't discouraging if you've got less time though.

Regards,

ROTS

SiNGH08
26th Sep 2008, 20:05
do they fly you to interview on cathay? how many days is your interview?
good luck!

hjmemon
26th Sep 2008, 22:59
Hi ROTS,
First of all, All the very best for the interview. Hope you get it.
Secondly, its not at all discouraging if I dont have that much experience. I tried for their Ab-Initio position and thought you were also applying for the same.
Keep us posted on how the interview was, might help others who get any call in furture.:)
Happy flying,
HJM

rider of the storm
27th Sep 2008, 04:50
SiNGH08,

A short Tech Quiz followed by an hour long interview with HR. You'll have to arrange your travel and accommodation in Singapore yourself on the initial interview.

HJM,

I'll keep you all posted on how things went... Kind of hoped that we would find out BEFORE I went off to the interview though:ugh:

Thanks for the wishes guys:ok:

ROTS

Willie Everlearn
2nd Oct 2008, 01:07
Has anyone recently applied to AHK???

I am curious to know what their maximum age for DEC on the A300 is?

cheers,
Willie

Flying Mechanic
2nd Oct 2008, 02:02
well HK CAD rules are 65 now.......so i reckon if u r 62 and non rated, even older if u r rated.

Willie Everlearn
3rd Oct 2008, 00:21
I`m under 60. Type rated, but not current with over 3000 hr on type.
Thanks.
Guess I`ll let them decide....

WE

airlove
4th Oct 2008, 08:15
how did you apply ? because on the internet page , mail address is not workind ...