PDA

View Full Version : validity of 147 type trainig

A Bunker
25th Sep 2008, 07:31
Can anybody out there tell me how long a 147 type course is good for?

BAe146s make me cry
25th Sep 2008, 09:26
A standard renewal of an EASA Part 66 AML occurs every 5 years. Make
sure that the type rating(s) you have gained remains on it..

Different Part 145 MRO's QA Depts may stipulate what you have to do OJT-wise (Or short course possibly) to gain approvals because of a lack of recent practical/certifying experience on a given type...

The only threats of having to complete a whole type course a second time
round I know of is due to Course Certificate 'wording issues' after a certain Part 147 T/O issued certificates incorrectly (and very slightly), then wound up business following a merger, thus amended reprints unavailable...It was resolved eventually without another 4+ weeks in class
covering same B1 a/c type subjects AGAIN..££££

Absolutely Pathetic Twits.... Fortunately, most SRG now too fat to
return to a/c mx :E

Regards

BAe146??? :{:{:{

Piper19
25th Sep 2008, 13:33
Interesting question. So say I'm a B1 with daily experience as B1 and a few type ratings. I did the theoretical exams for B2 in a PART147 5 years ago, but no practical experience as B2 the last 5 years and no type ratings as B2. Do I have to do the B2 theoretical exams again if I want to become one? Or just the practical exams for B2 which I never did?

spannersatcx
25th Sep 2008, 14:07
Piper19. different to the original question. Modules passed are valid for 5 years after that you have to do them again.

For the original question it used to be that you needed to gain the authorisation within 2 years of completing the course, BCAR days. Not sure what it is today, maybe worth a visit to SRG webpages.

BAe146s make me cry
25th Sep 2008, 14:16
Piper19

For any EASA Part 66 AML issue you'd have to satisfy the criteria
set out for initial issue. This would include ALL the practical experience the 'competent authority' (ironic phrase that) expect of you.

ELGD | Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=177&pagetype=68&gid=777)

Its up to you to add type courses and documented task experience-
doesn't matter if you have not actually performed it. Why not
fabricate it? Being truthful, too many others do :mad:

smokin rivet
28th Sep 2008, 21:50
Hey guys, so what would be the answer to the initial question? I done my EMB170/190 course in feb/mar this year but had no time yet to get OJT to put it on my 66. Could not find the answer on the SRG website. Anyone?

Exup
30th Sep 2008, 09:51
Hi Smokin

I think you will find that the Type course will be valid for two years after which time if you have not gained your Type Rating you will have to resit the course. Check with the CAA hope this helps.

A Bunker
1st Oct 2008, 19:18
Two years is what most QA depts say, some say three, but, where does it say that in any regulation?

anybody???

BAe146s make me cry
2nd Oct 2008, 10:50
Hopefully SR will have an answer soon - from someone who knows.

I'd have asked this 'someone' myself but we don't really 'get on' :E

A Bunker
5th Oct 2008, 18:41
Any update on the subject?

Cheers

Archie

Vortechs Jenerator
5th Oct 2008, 20:20
I can't find any legislation but I'm not sure courses ever "expire". I did one type course and got the thing on my license 5 years later.

I had to do a bit of a refresher course (which ended up being a glorified gen' fam' course of about 4 days) and some OJT sheets (2 weeks worth as I had a very similar type already).

My quality department at the time bashed the details out with the regional office.

smokin rivet
9th Oct 2008, 16:35
Spoke to the CAA and they said that at the moment it does not expire, there is however a new regulation being made at the moment which can change that, new regulation to come out maybe in the next 5 to 6 months, So at the moment it does not expire, and if it is your first type rating on the 66 you will have to to the OJT, any after that only a practical. Hope it helps