PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming VBRD! Sydney 7th October

Martine_F
24th Sep 2008, 12:26
Hi everyone, I am so happy to have stumbled upon this site and this amazingly informative forum.

I have just been invited to attend a Virgin Blue Recruitment Day in Sydney on the 7th of October. I was wondering if anyone had any hints, tips or advice for me to take on board.

I have been trying for about six years now to even get a reply from Virgin so understandably I am extremely excited and really don't want to mess this up http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

It took a LOT to get the reply, I started to get just a little annoyed as I had spent years gaining experience in all required areas and wasting money on First Aid courses and RSA's. After that I thought "enough is enough". The recruitment dep't probably got sick of hearing from me, I started by finding EVERYONE I could on the VB website and emailing my predicament to them. Eventually a lovely woman working in media and public relations emailed me back to let me know that she had personally sent my email to the right place :)

The second muck up is devestating, I got sent an invite to the VBRD on the 16th of THIS month, however, they sent it 3 days after closure of RSVP. I am laughing now but it hurt like hell then lol!

Now I am finally booked in and rearing to go!!!
I would appreciate ANY input people can offer me,

Thankyouhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/tongue.gif

AirborneSoon
25th Sep 2008, 02:16
Hi Martine

Congratulations on your invite. My best piece of advice would be to relax, relax, relax. I've attended several recruitment days and usually the most excited and the most nervous get eliminated at the end of the first round. Just think about the poise you will maintain while onboard and use that.

It really doesn't need to be this hard. Just go with the flow and see how you go. There isn't any way to prepare for the day as it's designed to just bring out the real you. Show that and you'll have as good a chance as anyone out there.