PDA

View Full Version : R44 opreators in Orlando?

Heli-Ice
24th Sep 2008, 12:24
Can you guys point out some R44 operators in and around Orlando Florida?

I will be attending the NBAA convention there next month and would like to take a ride in these sophisticated machines :)

Is any of you coming?

Old Skool
24th Sep 2008, 14:55
you have one oppsosite the convention center on International drive, i can't remember the name. Others are along 192 a little further south, Still plenty of tour places to choose from. All start at about $15 - $20 a tour.

Heli-Ice
24th Sep 2008, 15:04
Old Skool

Thank you sir.

RavenII
24th Sep 2008, 16:07
The guys on 192 next to that stupid fake castle are really nice, i can recommend them.

24th Sep 2008, 18:14
Heli-ice - do yourself a favour and go to Hi-Hover's place - the Orlando Helicentre in Kissimmee. Fly with a very experienced and capable pilot/QHI/examiner in a Jetranger rather than risking life and limb in an R44 - I have seen how they fly them there!

What Limits
24th Sep 2008, 20:27
But why fly in a forty year old Jetranger (with a very old pilot) when you could get into a brand new R44?

25th Sep 2008, 05:41
Why fly in an R44 with guys who think transitioning at low level across 8 lanes of high speed traffic is the way to operate safely and look after your passengers?

Anyway, Hi-hover is a chum of mine and I bet you won't find a better helicopter pilot for many miles around. There may be a reason the Jetrangers are still going after 40 years - don't think we'll see too many Robinsons with that sort of track record.

I think the only time he gets in a Robbie is when he has to do a check ride on someone. He has another pilot who is a 44 driver but also throws himself out of serviceable aircraft a lot and so is clearly nuts:)

Heli-ice can do what he likes but I know which option I chose for my family and I.

Heli-Ice
25th Sep 2008, 09:33
Crab

Thank you for this, I will have a look at the guys at Hi-hover.

About risking life and limbs in an R44... well, I am married I'll take my changes! :}

Old Skool
25th Sep 2008, 22:07
Tam did my JAA CPL ride a fair while back, very nice chap. He didn't hardly look scared once, nerves of steel.