PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Plane Crash

av8trflying
24th Sep 2008, 06:37
Apparently a light plane has crashed in Sydney somewhere with one deceased. Thoughts go out to those involved.

rotaryman
24th Sep 2008, 06:46
One person is believed dead after a light plane crashed into an arterial road in western Sydney.

Emergency services are responding to reports the craft crashed onto the Northern Rd close to Vicar Park Lane at Luddenham, near Austral on the city's urban fringe.

Very Sad.....:sad:

Capt Wally
24th Sep 2008, 07:05
Yes apparently it is a rotory winged craft, as usual our thoughts go out to those left behind to ponder such a tragic event

CW

sms777
24th Sep 2008, 07:35
Negative.
Acoording to the rego of wreckage it was a Liberty XL-2
Condolences to all involved.

:sad:

smiling monkey
24th Sep 2008, 07:55
The rego is VH-CZX (a former Ansett rego??)

One dead in Sydney air crash (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=636573)

das Uber Soldat
24th Sep 2008, 08:02
I believe that makes it SFTC then. They operate quite a few Liberties.

Thoughts are with them, sounds like another solo student, I see them out there quite regularly. Condolences.

rep
24th Sep 2008, 08:04
how sad!
fly safe guys!
RIP :{

Capt Wally
24th Sep 2008, 08:19
yes ok it wasn't a chopper despite what the news is/was reporting, still we are again all in shock

Cw

DH 200'
24th Sep 2008, 08:22
From the Civil aircraft register:

VH CZX
Power Driven Aeroplane with tricycle - fixed landing gear
Single Piston engine
Manufacturer: Liberty Aerospace Incorporated
Model: XL-2
Serial number: 0104
Aircraft first registered in Australia: 03 June 2008
Full Registration
Registration holder as of 03 June 2008
CORPORATE AVIATION SERVICES PTY LTD
Hangar 131 Vega Crescent
BANKSTOWN AIRPORT NSW 2200
AUSTRALIA
Registered operator as of 03 June 2008
CORPORATE AVIATION SERVICES PTY LTD
Hangar 131 Vega Crescent
BANKSTOWN AIRPORT NSW 2200
AUSTRALIA

Terrible news.:( Condolences to the friends and family of the deceased.

WIKI44
24th Sep 2008, 08:42
:{ Oh no. Very much is shock over this terrible event. My condolences to the family, friends, instructors and staff at SFTC.

wiki

ksa5223
24th Sep 2008, 08:52
Condolences... Looks like right in the middle of the training area :(

Number34
24th Sep 2008, 09:20
Very sad, i'm pretty sure it was the one that was at ybth last night.

:(

GA715
24th Sep 2008, 09:31
negative.

Its not the same one as the one at ybth.

sms777
25th Sep 2008, 01:26
Were you the one stuck on the runway at BTH saturday morning about lunchtime?
I heard the call on VHF on my way to CWR.

Damn lucky if your engine failed on the runway! :ooh:

MCKES
25th Sep 2008, 01:39
My condolences go out to the family of the pilot and the students who flew with him, Does anyone have any info to the cause of the accident, not speculation but known facts?

airvigator
25th Sep 2008, 08:09
Yes,
The aircraft was infact a liberty operated by SFTC. The deceased was infact a friend of mine, an indian student. Apparently the aircraft was just out of maintenance and he was the first one to operate the flight. The real cause of the accident is still not known , but all we've heard so far is that the a/c came down nose diving.

sprocket check
25th Sep 2008, 08:36
Aren't these things brand new? I was there 3 months ago doing AME exams and they had six or seven being pulled out of the crates.

Engine problems in Bathurst and this one. Any more?

alneez
25th Sep 2008, 09:31
there's going to be a really big investigation about the accident.
there were ppl from NTSB and ATSB as well as the engineers of liberty nd the Lycoming engine. lets hope the case is solved ASAP nd every one can learn a lesson from it. Deepest Condolence to his parents.

RIP

muffman
25th Sep 2008, 09:49
There haven't been any engine failures with the liberty aircraft in australia in the past and so far nobody has suggested one occured in this prang. they're continental (not lycoming as previous poster suggested) FADEC engines and have fairly proven reliability overseas. obviously nothing rules it out as a cause yet, but let's not be too quick to blame anything or anyone until the facts come out.

normally it is great to see operators introduce new aircraft to the Australian register so hopefully whatever caused this can be learnt from and prevented in the future. Nice to hear it is getting a proper investigation from both american and australian authorities.

Condolences to the family and friends. it's a tragic end to a young life :{

PS. so far the media seem to have done a decent job reporting this one without too much rubbish. unfortunately it might be that they're getting plenty of practice on this subject recently :sad::sad:

Ultralights
25th Sep 2008, 11:39
heard a rumour around the traps that CZX was involved in an emergency landing not long ago at Camden after a door opened inflight causing quite a bit of damage. and apparently scared the top gear film crew in the process.

K3nnyboy
25th Sep 2008, 12:44
I was actually flying around the area at about 1300 yesterday, cant believe couple hours later an a/c went down~~R.I.P our fellow pilot:{

Please continue to fly safe everyone!!:sad: