PDA

View Full Version : Controllers for FS2000.

emu
5th Jan 2000, 21:03
I'm currently looking into yoke/joystick and rudder controller combos for FS2000. Can anyone advise me on the best setup for a reasonable price. ie not elite kit at £xxx
Thanks.

clownfish
6th Jan 2000, 04:58
I use the MS forcefeel joystick and think its great. Rudder application is achieved by twisting the stick and is surprising natural to use. I have used rudder pedals on the floor but have yet to use a PC FS that really warrants their use.

DB6
6th Jan 2000, 22:52
The Saitek Cyborg 3D is good. Twisty stick for the rudder, throttle lever, and 10 programmable buttons for flaps etc. all for £30 or so. You can get a USB one too if you need.
Cheers DB6
PS one downside is if you play Quake or anything like that with guns etc. and like most people you get a bit involved then you'll probably break off the trigger.

spannersatcx
7th Jan 2000, 00:46
http://www.pcpilot.net which does a subscription only magazine has just done a review of controllers. Best non force feedback was the logitech wingman extreme digital 3d, best valueforce feedback was MS force-feedback pro, which I use, best overall was CH force fx (costs a bit and you need a throttle) GBP130. In the past I have used a logic 3 (blue in colour) which was very good but no rudder. Unfortunately the better ones do cost.

Irish Steve
10th Jan 2000, 22:55
Originally posted by clownfish:
I use the MS forcefeel joystick and think its great. Rudder application is achieved by twisting the stick and is surprising natural to use. I have used rudder pedals on the floor but have yet to use a PC FS that really warrants their use.

it can't use force feedback yet, but if you want a sim that will give you a real work out in cross winds, have a look at AS2 (www.nomissoft.com), the flight model is all new fluid dynamics equations, and very good indeed.

------------------
"Irish" Steve

clownfish
11th Jan 2000, 03:14
sounds good!...now when's christmas :)