PDA

View Full Version : Logging hours...

EchoKiloEcho
24th Sep 2008, 05:16
I have the Jeppesen JAA logbook, and I was just wondering how I would log a flight test (CPL)? Do I put the examiners' surname, then put the time under dual or how does it work (if you pass)? Where do you indicate P1, PUT etc?

It is not the easiest logbook to use. Do you log Instrument time in the IR collum (the time under the hood)?

Any ideas?

jococ3
24th Sep 2008, 13:36
If you pass you put your name as the PIC and log it as P1. Then the Examiner will sign the Remarks box. I don't know what happens if you fail.

As for the IR time. All hours under the hood whilst training for a new rating(ie. Instrument Rating) are logged as dual time and also logged under the IFR box.

At least that's what I did and there was no problems. Also that's what the school I trained with told me......

Nashers
24th Sep 2008, 13:56
providing you have passed your flight test the name of the PIC is the examiner, but the hours can me put in the P1 section if he signs your log book.

even if you have passed he is still pilot in command and you are under supervision so your hours are PICUS hours.