PDA

View Full Version : re: pacific crown aviation

dash8driver
24th Sep 2008, 01:17
pacific crown were based in suva (fiji islands) in the late 80's but i believe moved across the country to nadi some time later.

they used to operate a Lama,500D,Astars (2) and a jetranger at one time.

can anyone shed light on whats happened to them in recent years? are they still around? who owns the company now and what do they operate?

i remember the old crew from the 1980's, Ian, robbie, nick, pat, dan, and the nice receptionist whose name escapes me after all these years.

someone told me the military have their own choppers now and a well funded local has brought in a canadian operator, any truth in this ?

any news welcomed.

BUZZ3360
24th Sep 2008, 01:40
They are still based is fiji as far as i now
They also have an engineering/aircraft refirb operation bassed at the Caloundra Airport in Queensland, Australia with the main focus on refirb of AS350's and EC120,130's

that chinese fella
24th Sep 2008, 08:31
Buzz, not so sure that the 2 are linked in anyway apart from the Bill H connection.

Capt Hollywood
24th Sep 2008, 08:53
See there website below. These guys painted our last EC130, outstanding work!

Pacific Crown Helicopters (http://www.pacificcrown.com)

Ned-Air2Air
24th Sep 2008, 20:29
Up until about a year ago Ian Simpson owned Pacific Crown aka Island Hoppers but he sold out to a couple of kiwis from what I remember. Ian is now based in Queensland where they have a business doing overhauls and rebuilds etc.

The new owners have had a run of bad luck and have had a number of accidents since taking over. Not good in a tourist based economy. Hope things get better for them.