PDA

View Full Version : Peter Chambers - Anybody heard or seen him ?!

SmoothCriminal
23rd Sep 2008, 19:17
He seems to be a stealth and always making promises on the phone worldwide !

Is he another Flukey Lukey ?!?!

Australia's had enough of these guys hey

Smoothie.........:ok:

Much Ado
23rd Sep 2008, 19:41
Tread very carefully folks. I don't know the subject of this thread from Adam but this is one of those threads with 'lock me' written all over it.

Ovation
23rd Sep 2008, 23:25
I had dealings with Paul Dopp in 2002 who at the time was the Chairman of Mooney Aircraft Company in Kerville Texas. He regarded Peter Chambers very highly and wanted me to make contact with him. I only had a brief conversation with him, but a friend had a more detailed one and reported it to me.

Peter was about to get the Asia Pacific distribution for the Mooney aircraft, and he was more than enthusiastic about his prospects. He had some financing plan that I thought was too good to be true.

Anyway, here's what my friend reported about Peter's conversation.

Hey folks, today I had a most enlightening 'phone conversation.

Ovation gave me the number of the bloke who approached him to put his Mooney on display at Avalon. Ovation had some difficulty understanding his plan, so I requested more information and he called me today. I'll summarise here his main points and I quote:

" I'll be bringing 20 Mooneys to Australia, and 50 to China. I'm an old friend of the Dopps. It will take me 4 or 5 weeks to set this up. I have hedged funds, so cost will be as if the dollar traded at 1 for 1. But that depends on the price of oil. You must lease from us, and must keep it for at least 3 years, so you can't sell for an immediate gain. Bankstown is out. Albion Park is a better location. The market is with the schools. Won't use the aviation magazines for advertising. I will advertise in the fashion magazines"

Peter talked non-stop for 20 minutes at 15 words per second with occasional gusts to 25 - but he paused for a few milliseconds to hear about AMPA. He claims a PPL with IFR rating, and has flown the Atlantic a couple of times.

"Why aren't you in the London to Sydney Air Race?" he asked. "If you'd phoned me a few weeks ago, you would be in it now" (I'm impressed).

What can I say? Suggest you pick up a copy of Vogue for an update. Don't forget to tell your local flight school - and watch the price of oil.

I had some difficulty following all this, so take care with the above note because I might have it all wrong.

For more information you might contact Peter Chambers directly, at his head office - " The Very Exotic Pacific Dragon Company" in Chinatown.

Private Partz
24th Sep 2008, 10:27
There's a lot of "snake oil salesmen" out there, and the aviation industry is not without it's share (Flukey Lukey gets the odd mention here). If I were dealing with Peter Chambers (or anyone else) I would be very careful.

I would suggest due diligence would be warranted prior to any substantial financial transaction, with a comprehensive background check at the very minimum. If they are an agent or distributor, call the factory head office and establish the bona fides.

If you have any doubts at all (as a buyer), don't pay a cent and insist on giving an Irrevocable Bank Guarantee based on delivery with clear title.

I knew a person in Perth who said he was a dealer for an Italian brand of luxury yachts, and took 30% deposits with order. He wasn't an agent, the factory in Italy never saw the money, and one intending buyer lost over 300K.

If a seller, base any transaction on cleared funds before transfer of title, or an Irrevocable Bank Guarantee.