PDA

View Full Version : BMI Baby Cancellations

Pontious
23rd Sep 2008, 13:56
Anybody in BMI Baby able to shed any light as to why the MAN-Knock & BFS services were cancelled today? They were the only 2 flights on the board between 1330-1700 local with a 'WW' prefix & were titled 'CANCELLED' in red. I'm eager to know as I frequently use BMI Baby instead of JET2.

:ok:

classic-hunter-
23rd Sep 2008, 15:05
tech aircraft again im afraid, 1 out all day at ema, i out all morning in man

richardnei
23rd Sep 2008, 17:06
The BFS-EMA cancellation is actually fairly normal now. They usually cancel the 18:00 from BFS most days. If they don't it's usually the later flight at 21:45.

The other week they cancelled 2 BFS-EMA flights in a row.

North Stand Tier3
23rd Sep 2008, 17:34
Think the term 'tech' doesn't paint the true pic for both a/c, the one at EMA is AOG after losing an argument with a baggage belt loader (again)

You ain't seen me right..........

bmi expat
23rd Sep 2008, 18:13
The only flight cancelled out of MAN today was the WW3503 to BFS, cancelled due tech and the passengers rolled over onto the WW3505. The NOC operated with a delay off the back of the PMI so I'm not sure why it was showing as cancelled.

Suzeman
23rd Sep 2008, 18:20
The BFS-EMA cancellation is actually fairly normal now. They usually cancel the 18:00 from BFS most days.

This was certainly the case yesterday. The high numbers of canx flights this summer is just the sort of thing that makes me prefer alternative routes /carriers when I can :(

Suzeman

mikerawsonderby
23rd Sep 2008, 18:47
Managed to avoid cancellations, but delayed both ways on a recent trip to Jersey. Outbound by 55 mins (although had been 105 mins late on previous departure to CDG) blamed on cockpit instrumentation fault. Missed the start of the air display.

Return arrived at JER on time, but discovered instrumentation fault in pre-flight checks (fuel pump). Quickly rectified, but then needed engineer to sign it off, so 60 mins late. Suppose should be grateful that the checks are so thorough, but this does seem to be an increasingly common occurrence?

Mike

classic-hunter-
23rd Sep 2008, 19:54
well your right there, though being "bumped" into (big white aircraft right in front of you, quite easy to see) still gets put down to us being tech, kinda harsh really!

as for the delays, hopefully with the winter schedule nearly here and all our "new" aircraft arrived, should be a slightly more on time performance!!

rollsroyce22
1st Apr 2009, 17:04
I'm trying to find out why there are so many cancellations on this route. Can anyone help me?

rollsroyce22
1st Apr 2009, 17:08
Quote:
The BFS-EMA cancellation is actually fairly normal now. They usually cancel the 18:00 from BFS most days.

(2nd attempt)

I'm trying to find out why there are so many cancellations on this route. Can anyone help me please?

groundbum
1st Apr 2009, 19:38
I don't have any inside knowledge but would think it would be obvious, it's the best flight for the airline to cancel when they need a spare aircraft.

This might well be because the schedule is awkward so taking this flight out opens many opens for shuffling flights and crews when they need a spare plane to replace a broken one. It could be because there is a decent alternative in a few hours/to a nearby airport to transfer the displaced passengers to.

And most likely, loads are light so it would annoy the least number of people. At the end of the day it's a purely commercial decision. If it's annoying you and you have a valuable spend with BMI, write them a letter pointing out your valuable spend is at risk of going to another airline!

G