PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2007 upgrade question

vancouv
23rd Sep 2008, 12:43
I don't know why it is so difficult to get an easily understandable answer to these questions, but hey-ho:

I currently have Office 2000 Premium. I want to get Office 2007 - I think the Small Business version is the one I want. Can someone confirm:

1) Will the upgrade version install on my machine which has Office 2000 on it - I don't want to find you need, for example, Office 2003 to qualify once I've bought it.

2) Can I install it on both my desktop and laptop - I know Microsoft are a bitter hotter these days on licensing.

Many thanks.

Pontius Navigator
23rd Sep 2008, 12:50
Ask Microsoft?

Certainly 2007 on 2003 worked out of the box.

Bushfiva
23rd Sep 2008, 13:38
2 seconds on microsoft.com with the search term "office 2007 upgrade":

"Qualifying Products for Upgrade

Microsoft Works 6.0–10; Microsoft Works suite 2000–2006 or later; any 2000–2007 Microsoft Office program or suite; any Microsoft Office XP suite except Office XP Student and Teacher"

Office Home 2007 Retail License can go on up to 3 machines. Any Office OEM is the original machine only. A search for Microsoft MSLT will tell you the licensing terms for other versions of Office.

Saab Dastard
23rd Sep 2008, 14:54
Vancouv, you seem to have two issues (apart from licensing):

1) Do you qualify for an upgrade from Office 2000 Premium to Office 2007 Small Business? Yes. But you have to have an individual and unique license for each and every PC you install it on.

2) Will it be possible to perform an in-situ upgrade?

Very probably, but why not take advantage of the 60-day free trial? Do a disk image backup of your system, install the new version, check everything works and then either go back to your original image, or pay to license your installation.

SD

vancouv
24th Sep 2008, 08:19
Thanks guys.

Bushfiva - I spent considerably more than 2 seconds hunting around the Microsoft site, but when I put your suggested search in I went straight to it - don't know why I didn't find it before :ugh: