PDA

View Full Version : HeavyLift International UAE

longboat
23rd Sep 2008, 10:20
I have tried the archives with little success but am trying to ascertain the current status of HeavyLift International in the UAE (do they still operate the DC8F's) and if there is any link with HeavyLift Cargo, based in Australia, who operate the sole airworthy Belfast Freighter?
Interestingly, the logos are close to identical. If operational, is the company based in RKT (Ras al Khaimar) or elsewhere in the UAE and are there two 'stored' CRJ900's (in RKT) which may have been registered to HeavyLift but are obviously not freight-linked? Why the CRJ?
Aplogies if these issues have been covered somewhere/sometime other than this Forum.

Da Do Ron Ron
23rd Sep 2008, 11:20
Heavylift have at least 2 DC-8's based in BAH operating for DHL. I have also seen them in SHJ so would think that's their base.

Raredata
25th Sep 2008, 10:47
They are based Sharjah, A6 reg,no longer in Bahrain last I heard.They run a DC8 sim Ras Al Khaimah and have nothing to do with HeavyLift Oz.

falcon12
25th Sep 2008, 13:51
One a/c still operating for DHL but other suffered heavy landing in Darfur region of Sudan. Engineers down there now retreiving it. A 3rd a/c in Malmo on maintenance so word has it..............All a bit glum at the SHJ office.

MALLY
25th Sep 2008, 15:51
DC8 in MMX awaiting an engine and various other spares to wrap up the mx input.

Angel`s Playmate
26th Sep 2008, 10:20
Don`t know how many DC-8`s they are running, but I saw one two days ago in SHJ in Heavylift colours. Couldn`t see reg,though. :ok:

Hockham Admiral
28th Sep 2008, 19:46
They are not related to HeavyLift Oz at all (who own the Belfast).

The DC8's are owned by Farhad Azima who was also the money man with the original HeavyLift Cargo Airlines at STN in the 80's/90's and early 00's.

He was very evident in 01/02 trying to keep HLA afloat; but to no avail.

The A300B4's pulled HLA down despite the heroic efforts of the crews to operate within CAA limits and make a profit. We just couldn't compete with other JAR operators from other EU countries who operated with different goalposts.

Heavy Cargo
29th Sep 2008, 12:27
HeavyLift Australia going great.

We have 1 x Belfast, 2 x B727-100s, 3 x B727-200s and bought out European/OZ Jet four B737 pax for the Australian domestic licence to operate freighters. Another B727-200 in December from Nat Jet/AAE.

Total 6 x B727Fs 4 x B737 pax and Belfast = 11 aircraft

Started five years ago with one B727-100F ? Go figure. :D

Angel`s Playmate
13th Oct 2008, 17:10
There is a A6-HLC on the ramp in SHJ now. Looks like their number 3.

No previous entrys on airliners.net or one of the other pics.com

Black radom and some sort of grey fus, it might be an ex Airborne Express.

But at least they were flying !:ok::ok:

Happy haulin`

IFLy4Free
8th Nov 2008, 18:34
They have a large office building in RKT, training facilities etc. Heard they were starting heavy into crew training, cockpit and cabin

longboat
10th Nov 2008, 11:16
A small point but would anyone know if, and if, why, two CRJ900's aparently in storage at RAK may have been registered to Heavylift (A6-HLM and -HLS). If so, why would Heavylift as a cargo carrier be interested in regional pax jets? Any ideas when they last flew or were airtested?

mark g leach
19th Jan 2009, 22:41
Wont be going much longer the Australian govt due to close down the shonks for good.Step one turn off the fuel tap in CNS....DONE.

Thank god for all the hundreds of dummies ripped of by small cocks NICK LEACH & COCK SUCKER CRANE.
Lets c if they can catch a bullet!!

Bundaberg
20th Jan 2009, 05:57
Nice comment Mark,

It would be absolutely great to see all persons who were associated with HeavyLift, South Pacific AIR / GHS reimbursed. HeavyLift has so far contiunued to exist and their company name changes appear limitless. Hopefully ASIC will fully investigate their associated companies and CASA will take a serious look at all Aircraft, the Crew and the Company Records.

SNS3Guppy
20th Jan 2009, 10:01
Mark,

Whatever your feelings personally, I'm not certain that posting a desire to shoot and kill anybody in the business is professional, or a wise thing to do. Think before you post.

CargoOne
20th Jan 2009, 10:20
SNS3Guppy

You never know, may be our inductry is full of crooks just because everyone believe that to kill them is too unprofessional? :}

Bundaberg
20th Jan 2009, 11:32
Mark.
Please, it is better to keep ones desire to oneself rather than put it in print. Time has a way of taking care of all issues and I like most sit and wait for the day.

Info: RP-C8017 the Transglobal bitch is the only aircraft to be recognised by Oz authority. Remaining RP-C8016-Dead(spare parts) RP-C8019 and RP-C8020 as well as VH-VLH not recognised by Oz authority. Ex AaE VH-VLH is in Heavy name but the remaining a/c have not proceeded, ? payment and VH-VLI a prime example.
The OZJet aircraft VH-OBN, OZU,OZX and OZD( Norfolk Air) happening.
Not many flight routes, no profit, look at the market and write ups.

Hockham Admiral
26th Jan 2009, 07:13
Bundaberg

RP-C8020 is the Belfast, I believe. Are you sure she's not recognised by the Authority? She's been flying out there for over 5 years now.

As an ex-Belfast driver I'm most interested in the old girl.

Top Loadie
29th Jan 2009, 18:58
I saw the old girl in DXB a couple of weeks ago over by the flower terminal. Was hoping to catch the crew to see if there were any of the STN faces onboard but they'd buttoned up and scarpered by the time I got there.

Any details who was onboard or what it was doing, out of interest?

Saturn
2nd Feb 2009, 00:47
Heavylift. Can you check your PM's please. Thank you.

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Feb 2009, 16:32
They are now parked over the other side, in the training school area.

Still covered in dirt.

Not certain as to the history butI suspect they were purchased for a Russian company, but the Russian authorities refused the importation.

Look on "raktraining" section of the web site, the building that is featured as the training centre is the airport terminal building.

They are promising full training fof cabin crews, airline and corporate, but I suspect the "trainers" have all been fired or walked off.

glf

Bundaberg
7th Feb 2009, 09:28
The Belfast RP-C8020 (ex 9L-LDQ, G-HLFT, XR365 ??), I believe sitting in Cairns plus 2 x B727 of HeavyLift (one of the B727 terminally ill). Word is no foreign AOC under One Sky banner (possible Heavylift company). Ops under one off CASA flt approval.
Sat in WMKJ for a few months fishing for work and to escape tech inspection. WMKJ advise C/A B. Porter plus 2 other x UK crew one being Engr Rash.
Heavylift never pay on time, fuel and parking in arrears. ASIC have eyes open.
:{

ugwhatajob
9th Feb 2009, 15:51
:confused: What website is it for RAKtraining please? Have heard some "iffy" reviews on this facility. Thank you

Marbella Girl
14th Feb 2009, 13:07
I have an interview tomorrow as a Flight Attendant Training Manager with a James Yarmo, who is the MD. I was a little suspicious on the basis he has a gmail address not a company address. And this thread is not filling me with confidence!!! Anyone know anything more about this company, and its stability? Thanks.

Itswindyout
15th Feb 2009, 17:14
Please post the response to your interview, unless you feel it is not PC to do so.
windy

ugwhatajob
17th Feb 2009, 22:27
Heavylift trying out freight with flight attendants in CRJs?!?! Sounds like a business model made for success! Trying times call for trying measures I guess.:}

Marbella Girl
18th Feb 2009, 15:43
The Training Academy is a completely different business venture to anything to do with HeavyLift freight, so no you wont be seeing FAs in CRJs. A little surprised at your comment though as your PM to me says you are interested in the job yourself??

ugwhatajob
18th Feb 2009, 23:47
MG.
No, not your competition. Mine was the pointy end of the aluminum (in the good ole' days:E) and my time in the sand has come and gone. Always asked by the younger generation where to go to begin that fruitful career called aviation and backing by an airline after training sometimes has it's perks. Have watched curiously that end of the airport for some time and enjoyed the rumors floating around by those rags with wings. Funny how RJs are registered to Heavylift but now on the training side... Maybe either MD is living as a mushroom or does not feel you have need to know.
You said in PM academy has "strong backing", lots and lots of folks use the marquis Heavylift and curious as to same markings is all. (not really that "catchy" of a name) Finally found website and low and behold looks like a Heavylift International AC. Hmmm
Best of luck with your venture, am off to worship the queen!;)

Pacific Tedybear
20th Feb 2009, 09:50
It is my understanding that Nicks FAOC's are three monthly and yes the Belfast was under One Sky Avaition which has only just dropped off CASA's site but if form continues they will pop up with a new catchy named company?:=:ugh:
Understand that the 732's are flying band aids with no one willing to sign off but this is nothing that anyone with a quick walk around the Airport or visiting a few sites one couldn't find out! Never underestimate a man that causes so much trouble and is still in Business and I use the term loosely. The world is now Global and maybe w/he all have the same Boss?:oh: Lucky for him he has fantastic Flight Crews :D But the boys from Boston Legal have nothing on Nicks Other Crew:oh: Mark, I understand your frustration but don't condone the blog,I don't think that even being a realitive could get away with a coments like that? Speaking of Blog's have you seen the OZ Heavy Lift Fanststic Web site, yes I believe the term is Fantastic Quite unberleavable?:suspect: :confused::yuk::hmm:

IFLy4Free
20th Mar 2009, 20:33
Is Kelly gone from there? Thought someone named Kelly was the Training Manager.

buckdadog
5th Apr 2009, 01:13
Reading all the mail with interest. I am CP for Politiri Aviation ContractPilots.tc --Home-- (http://www.politiriaviation.com) - for 17 years - we were contracted to set up the school in RAK - had people there for 3 months getting program in place, equipment, settling arguments between partners (HL and the Kingdom rulers) arranging to get bills paid etc...Program was set to go in December, cancelled 4 different start dates for FA's so when we never got paid from HL in January, boss pulled the plug and moved the School.
Yarmo is a flunkie for Farhad Azima, doesnt know one end of a plane from the other.
Kellie is still working for us and going to head up the new school in the Caribbean.
They are trying to get the school going and interviewing staff and committing but the old caveat "buyer beware" holds true here. Azima has a track record of NOT PAYING anyone so that is why we are not there. Even Yarmo is gone, building is empty, RAK airways has lost their AOC, DC8 sim doesnt work yahda yahda yahda...same ****, different day with Azima in the middle.
DC8s - mostly parked.
Stay away from the school - contact us if you want more info on status but dont be foolish enough to take a job with them.

buckdadog
5th Apr 2009, 01:16
FA was just in the middle of this deal and it is all shaddy. Trying to collect his normal 10% - one CRJ is gone the other is down the storage end of the field. They cant get a CofA for them as they were brought in on a CDN DOT Temp CofA that expired long ago and the GCAA wont issue a new one. Last I seen in Early March, it was tucked between a retired 737 and a G100.
RAK is proving to be a graveyard or hideaway for ships being hidden from finance companies, or Ruski birds being dismantled.
Quality airport and operation.

merlinxx
5th Apr 2009, 05:32
Interesting to see that "Foreskin" Azima is still up to his old tricks:ugh::ugh:

Kidnap and ransom comes to mind with regards to invoice settlement from FA:=:D:yuk:

Raredata
5th Apr 2009, 09:02
This thread must be very confusing to people who don't know that HeavyLift UAE and HeavyLift Oz have aboslutely no connection yet would appear to be one of the same reading this thread! Maybe I'm just confused again:rolleyes:?????

sergei118
5th Apr 2009, 14:27
Not related to Heavylift in AUS. One of their aircraft was involved in a landing problem in Sudan after transporting humanitarian supplies

Raredata
6th Apr 2009, 07:01
So what's the deal with the DC8 sim there in RAK ?

Hockham Admiral
6th Apr 2009, 07:52
Raredata, Hi

There is, actually, a very tenuous link between them (HLA OZ/UAE). Farhad Azima had one of the controlling interests in HeavyLift Cargo Airlines (1980).(THE HLA, all others are copies).

The link is in the Belfast which was owned by HLA, and indirectly by Farhad Azima (who now owns HLA UAE), and bought by HLA OZ, owned by Nick Leach.

Not being pedantic, just setting the record straight!

From some of the above posts I guess there are lots of similarities?

HA

MALLY
7th Apr 2009, 19:04
Hi JR,
Any news about Geoff Leach at all?He was an 'ex boss' at Polar Air Cargo PIK as VP Maint. and left PIK to join forces with his son Nick.
Also any info concerning Robbie Mc Carney who was a huge help to Geoff in getting the Belslow prepared for the trip to Oz?
Heard that FA's DC8's are now based in SHJ as the BAH HL base has closed .
Best regards mate!:ok:

dionysius
8th Apr 2009, 09:19
HLA DC8-63 was in Kuwait quite a lot recently flying to Afghanistan for US Mil.

chizelchest
23rd Sep 2009, 03:02
Reading all the mail with interest. I am CP for Politiri Aviation ContractPilots.tc --Home-- (http://www.politiriaviation.com/) - for 17 years - we were contracted to set up the school in RAK - had people there for 3 months getting program in place, equipment, settling arguments between partners (HL and the Kingdom rulers) arranging to get bills paid etc...Program was set to go in December, cancelled 4 different start dates for FA's so when we never got paid from HL in January, boss pulled the plug and moved the School.
Yarmo is a flunkie for Farhad Azima, doesnt know one end of a plane from the other.
Kellie is still working for us and going to head up the new school in the Caribbean.
They are trying to get the school going and interviewing staff and committing but the old caveat "buyer beware" holds true here. Azima has a track record of NOT PAYING anyone so that is why we are not there. Even Yarmo is gone, building is empty, RAK airways has lost their AOC, DC8 sim doesnt work yahda yahda yahda...same ****, different day with Azima in the middle.
DC8s - mostly parked.
Stay away from the school - contact us if you want more info on status but dont be foolish enough to take a job with them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of buyer beware, Politiri has ALSO NOT Paid myself and 3 other pilots (1 EMB-145 CA and 2 F-100 CA's) on contract for IRS airlines earlier this year. April and March to be specific. Anyone looking to contract with them should take caution and be prepared to not get paid for your last few months on contract as well as them breaching contract when it comes to paying for simulator/recurrent costs.

I fully expect "buck" to come on here and say I'm spitting verbal diarrhea to save his company's face, but if anyone wants the truth and further information about the unethical practices of this company PM me. I can provide emails and documents proving all this.

I wouldn't come on here and waste my time if this were not true. I'm an upstanding and moral person/captain for ExpressJet Airlines in the USA, with a clean training record, logbook, and resume. I've also worked at Jeppesen Sanderson as a Sr. Revision Planning Analyst for 5 years.

------ Enter buckdadog --------- Take it away buck, what lies are you going to say this time around?? You can advise Mr. Ken Hamilton that the greater aviation public is going to continue hearing about what Politiri did to me until I'm paid what is owed

Thank you all for reading and passing the information along!

Regards,

TonyD