PDA

View Full Version : Rumour at YBAF ...HEMPELS CLOSE

ratso
23rd Sep 2008, 08:43
Rumour at YBAF ...HEMPELS CLOSED THE DOORS AROUND NOON..

Is this true????

Jazzy78910
23rd Sep 2008, 08:44
:sad:............

VH-XXX
23rd Sep 2008, 09:09
Click here for an audio feed of the interview that took place there today:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~njah1/hempels.wav

T28D
23rd Sep 2008, 09:30
Hempels close = no loss to General Aviation

ozangel
23rd Sep 2008, 11:18
VH-XXX, all other things aside, that was very very funny.

Sir HC
24th Sep 2008, 00:46
Mr T28D. I'm really sorry to take the bait but I am just sick of your useless input into this entire forum. You sound like a rather mature PPruner but you are carrying on like a 10 year old. BH was a rather respected pilot across the country who taught a lot of people to fly and like all people, deserves to rest in peace. Either come out and state why you have such a vendetta against the man/company and be done with it, or shut up.

Breathe in, breathe out. Repeat.

P.S. Bad day at the office.

Keg
24th Sep 2008, 01:12
Sir HC, I must admit to not knowing BH so allow me to make some points from well 'outside' the issue.

The rumour(?) is that BH was conducting fare paying ops whilst not licensed or permitted to do so. If that was the case then a lot of his legacy will have been sadly undone. Further, given that he may have been knowingly engaged in ops for which he was not correctly licensed then I don't expect it will take too much for a good lawyer to go after his estate. In that respect I also wonder if the closing of his former company is part of ensuring that his estate is protected.

Sad when anyone dies in aviation. Sadder still when that person's legacy is tainted by acting contrary to the law, logic and reason. :(

(Of course, I may be wrong and he was correctly licensed, etc. In that case the closing of the company could still be about protecting assets).

flysaucer1200
24th Sep 2008, 01:24
And sadder still, when a trusting passenger expires on a pilots flight

zac21
24th Sep 2008, 03:01
T28D

Your right on the money !

T28D
24th Sep 2008, 05:18
Sir HC Hempel killed an innocent passenger through his cavalier disregard for the rules, so tell me how this makes him a great man.