View Full Version : Thomson Airways

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Tflyer
9th Nov 2011, 09:20
Cazza fly

I totally agree about the seats. However, when I have raised this before with the company, I was told that the seats have to be returned with the aircraft to the lessor. How true that is I don't know? However, we have them on G-OOBN/BP. I was on G-BYAT & most of the seat cushions had been replaced. Passengers certainly notice the difference!

flying officer kite
14th Nov 2011, 20:06
Hi folks, does anyone on here know what aircraft types tend to fly to Madeira? Im planning on doing a trip with Thomson in march, and am curious, so i can pick which airport uses the preferred type

thanks

TSR2
14th Nov 2011, 20:28
From MAN, A320, B733 & B738 but maybe other types.

Edit: Misunderstood the request. Thomson use the A320 from MAN

flying officer kite
14th Nov 2011, 20:49
thanks TSR2, was kind of hoping for a 757 or something though :/

OltonPete
14th Nov 2011, 20:57
flying officer kite

BHX is a 738 this month but by December it should be back to the 757
for the rest of the winter although I can't be 100% sure.

Pete

crackling jet
16th Nov 2011, 13:44
BRS's Long Haul program for 2012, is it the same as this year ?, nothing new on the horizon ?

Cazza_fly
16th Nov 2011, 19:23
11 Thomson Airways flights are among many flights delayed or stuck for the night in Cyprus due to Swissport handling staff going on an impromptu strike from 4pm this afternoon.

Paphos Airport strike affects 14 flights - Cyprus Mail (http://www.cyprus-mail.com/paphos-airport/paphos-airport-strike-affects-14-flights/20111116)

BOHEuropean
18th Nov 2011, 15:01
G-BYAX & G-OOBB have now been repainted

MKY661
18th Nov 2011, 16:25
What about the b767's?

Cazza_fly
18th Nov 2011, 19:12
What about the b767's?

As already mentioned. These are not planned to get a re-paint as yet, just an interior refresh.

scotsunflyer
18th Nov 2011, 19:31
Are Thomson doing their own flights for Summer 12 from Edi, or will AEU be doing them again.
Believe MON are back at Edi next summer, but will be interesting to see whether that is for TOM flights, or for the rumoured TCX flights

devon_guy
18th Nov 2011, 20:51
Is the EXT based aircraft going to get a paint job?

pez1
18th Nov 2011, 21:05
The EXT based A320 (in old First Choice colours), will be changing to a B737-800 on 01/01/12 as TOM begin to retire the airbus fleet and expand the 738 fleet.
All the 737's are in TOM colours.

Rgds, Pez.

devon_guy
19th Nov 2011, 07:22
Oh that's a shame, I flew on it to TFS and thought it was a great plane!

MKY661
19th Nov 2011, 20:27
Yeah it would be great to see an A321/1 in the Thomson Colours, but this wont happen :(

BOHEuropean
20th Nov 2011, 09:11
G-BYAY is in for paint.

MKY661
20th Nov 2011, 14:24
Is BYAW done yet? Obviously needs winglets too :)

Tflyer
20th Nov 2011, 19:05
As far as I am aware, G-BYAW doesn't have a planned paint job. I believe G-BYAX & G-BYAY are the only planned ex TOM aircraft to remain in the fleet for a few years to come, hence the re-paint.

clipstone1
21st Nov 2011, 14:03
AW is due to be in the fleet til late 2013....so only 2 more years

787Heaven
21st Nov 2011, 15:52
Do u know what is due to depart the fleet in 2013 apart from AW? I know BN and BP may be candidates. What about the non sky 737s and the 767 fleet?

Thanks in advance ;)

..airman
22nd Nov 2011, 11:49
With the repainting goin on at the moment, are aircraft being changed from thomsonfly.com to Thomson? I can't work out what the airline is doing with it's livery, are they standardising, and if so, to what?

Cazza_fly
22nd Nov 2011, 16:53
With the repainting goin on at the moment, are aircraft being changed from thomsonfly.com to Thomson? I can't work out what the airline is doing with it's livery, are they standardising, and if so, to what?

Yes, they are standardising the livery fleet to just show Thomson in the the TUI livery as Thomsonfly.com no longer exists.

There is now a plan to remove the ''fly.com'' titles from those aircraft that will not recieve a full repaint, however - when this will happen is anyones guess...

It was originally the plan to introduce a new revised livery across the fleet, being first displayed on the 787. However despite all the delays with the arrival of the 787, it was still decided not to introduce this livery to the current fleet as the majority of the aircraft will be ending their leases by the time of the new 787 arrival schedule.

MKY661
24th Nov 2011, 04:22
TUIfly is also dropping the .com on their fleet arnt they? The newer TUIfly planes dont seem to have it.

blue up
24th Nov 2011, 07:01
Possibly that the EDI flights were operated by Astreus with a TOM callsign?

(in answer to the post from MUNROBAGGER, below)

munrobagger
24th Nov 2011, 11:02
Thomson appear to have axed the EDinburgh / Gran Canaria flight after the new year . Can anyone confirm and why ? Was thinking of using it .

chinapattern
24th Nov 2011, 15:26
Could someone fill me in as to why Thomson switch the long haul 767's to the ex-FCA birds during the winter season at BHX? I'm guessing it's due to them having less seats but is there another reason?

787Heaven
24th Nov 2011, 16:30
There are only four ex Tfly birds in the Thomson fleet now and they cover part of the Tuifly Nordic program in the winter as well as the UK operation hence the reason the ex FCA birds are covering most of the UK flights.

Cazza_fly
24th Nov 2011, 19:12
TUIfly is also dropping the .com on their fleet arnt they? The newer TUIfly planes dont seem to have it.

Yes they are.

Apparently the whole TUI Airline group are still trying to push even further away from seat only sales and focus further on their in-house tour operators. They have achieved this well over the past couple of years or so but the removal of the ''.com'' from the livery is also another reason for this.

Obviously, Thomson Airways could be seen as an exception to this as it has a totally new name compared to the rest of the group.

There are only four ex Tfly birds in the Thomson fleet now and they cover part of the Tuifly Nordic program in the winter as well as the UK operation hence the reason the ex FCA birds are covering most of the UK flights.

True and also currently only one of them is fitted with the ex-TOM long-haul interior Y283, the others being the standard Y328 Short haul interior. Unless G-OBYD has been changed back to LH?

TCX69
25th Nov 2011, 03:06
Yes, they are standardising the livery fleet to just show Thomson in the the TUI livery as Thomsonfly.com no longer exists.

Pity they can't standardize the livery between the 737s & the 757s!

scotsunflyer
25th Nov 2011, 07:27
munrobagger - correct on EDI-LPA flight. Ski charter 07JAN-07APR. LPA restarts 14APR

munrobagger
25th Nov 2011, 10:05
Blueup I understood that a TOM craft came north from Luton to do Fri / Sat / Sun Edinburgh schedules . Seems odd that ACE is retained but LPA is dropped .
Suspect it might be to do with amended ski Sat flights .

787Heaven
25th Nov 2011, 10:18
Hi Cazza fly!

They should all either already be, or be well on their way to being configured back to the ex TOM 283 config now. I pretty sure there is going to be more than one 767 based in Scandinavia this winter and at least one will cover the ex FCA birds while they get their cabin refresh here at LGW. With G-OBYD I flew back on her from SFB at the end of October and she was already in the 283 config :)

gemini021
25th Nov 2011, 10:41
helo, do they hire filipino crew? may i know how to apply? thank u

aileron
27th Nov 2011, 07:33
If you have the right to work in Europe, by all means apply.

FR-
28th Nov 2011, 17:45
Guys I need abit of advise.
I have a holiday booked with thomson, had a letter today saying my flights have been changed by serveral hours and a change of airport, was meant to fly out:
BHX-IBZ @17:45/21.15 IBZ-BHX10:50-12:20
Been told in the letter we have been put onto MAN flights, I dont want to be changed, and all the other flight which I could go on are either different days or night flight. Where do I stand at a change of holiday or a refund?

Thanks

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Nov 2011, 18:09
Thomson Holidays -Flight Conditions of Carriage (http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/legal/flight-conditions-of-carriage.html)

ARTICLE 9 - SCHEDULES, DELAYS, CANCELLATION OF FLIGHTS
9.1 SCHEDULES
9.1.1 The flight times shown in timetables may change between the date of publication and the date you actually travel. We do not guarantee them to you and they do not form part of your contract with us.

9.1.2 Before we accept your booking, we will notify you of the scheduled flight time in effect as of that time, and it will be shown on your Ticket. It is possible we may need to change the scheduled flight time subsequent to issuance of your Ticket. If you provide us with contact information, we will endeavour to notify you of any such changes. If, after you purchase your Ticket, we make a significant change to the scheduled flight time, which is not acceptable to you, and we are unable to book you on an alternate flight which is acceptable to you, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with Article 10.2.

If they will give you a refund then can't see them refusing to change you hoildays once its not above the cost of the current one.

mizake the mizzen
29th Nov 2011, 09:32
As another poster has said, this constitutes a material change to your booked holiday. You are entitled I believe to a full refund or to change to an alternative date or holiday. In my experience Thomson Customer Services will allways try and offer some kind of alternative when they contact you initialy but are always happy to discuss alternatives if their suggested alternative is not suitable. Give them a call.

janeyTA
29th Nov 2011, 14:27
From Thomson terms and conditions

"Major changes to your holiday
Occasionally, we have to make major changes to the flight or accommodation making up your holiday with us. If we tell you about any of these changes after we have confirmed your holiday booking, you may either:
- accept the new arrangements offered by us; or
- accept a replacement holiday from us of equivalent or closely similar standard and price, if one is available; this can include the choice of a replacement holiday from another TUI Travel Group company. Should you choose this option the terms and conditions of your holiday will not change and these conditions will still apply to your booking.or
- cancel your holiday with us and receive a full refund of all monies paid."

MUFC_fan
29th Nov 2011, 16:08
They should all either already be, or be well on their way to being configured back to the ex TOM 283 config now. I pretty sure there is going to be more than one 767 based in Scandinavia this winter and at least one will cover the ex FCA birds while they get their cabin refresh here at LGW. With G-OBYD I flew back on her from SFB at the end of October and she was already in the 283 config

A great shame. FCA's long haul hard product was by far the best in the world in terms of charter and would be up there in all operations. The seating is fantastic.

I suppose one extra set on the row wouldn't make a massive amount of difference but still, it's a shame to see the product that revitalised the long haul charter market in the UK disappear.

MUFC_fan
29th Nov 2011, 16:12
Although reading about what TOM want to do on the 787 then they're obviously wanting to raise the bar even further!

Thomson has still to reveal all, but there will be a juice bar onboard by the main doors and a 34-inch seat pitch in economy is likely.

Thomson is also promising broadband access and HD entertainment on demand. It has not yet decided the extent of the broadband technology, but there is talk of a deal with iTunes that will allow music downloads mid-air.

Thomson Airways B787 - SeatPlans.com (http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/Thomson-Airways/seatplans/B787-2)

TSR2
29th Nov 2011, 17:32
According to the Thomson article the seating capacity is to be between 270 and 320 passengers with a 34" seat pitch in economy.

Looking at the Boeing specification for the B787-8, the seating capacity stated is between 210 and 250.

As the B787-8 is only a shade longer than the B763 I would think that Thomson may struggle to get 320 passengers in at 34" seat pitch unless they plan to increase the seating configuration across the aircraft to maybe 2-5-2.

oldbalboy
29th Nov 2011, 18:49
a/c currently planned to have 47 prem @2-3-2 and 244 economy 3-3-3 @34" pitch total 291

TSR2
29th Nov 2011, 20:13
Thanks for that oldbalboy.

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Nov 2011, 22:42
Anyone know what aircraft will be based in Dublin next summer and if a 738 will they be leasing it in again, and where would I be able to find there schedule.

pamann
29th Nov 2011, 22:47
Re: Dublin

It will most certainly be a B738 and Thomson are tied into a leasing deal with Sunwing at DUB for the next couple of summers at least.

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Nov 2011, 22:56
Will that mean BFS will have the leased one as well, hope sunwing will send a better aircraft over if the above is correct.

Jamie2k9
29th Nov 2011, 23:22
Anyone know what aircraft will be based in Dublin next summer and if a 738 will they be leasing it in again, and where would I be able to find there schedule.

There may be a change of schedule very soon but not sure if it going a head, but its mostly the same but with longer flying times.

clipstone1
30th Nov 2011, 09:55
well on the basis that TUI Travel owns 49% of Sunwing, I wouldn't expect that deal to end any time soon.

Sal73x
30th Nov 2011, 10:26
Hi all,
few weeks ago I heard that there would have been a flight BHX-CTA but now
I am told that Thomson will operate the flight only for TO and it is not possible to buy the flight only.

Anyone konws if the flight is still on?
Thanks

munrobagger
5th Dec 2011, 08:38
Can someone tell me why the Edinburgh winter flights to the Canaries are often an hour or more late away ? Are they Edinburgh crew or flown in from somewhere else ? Do the craft spend Fri / Sat night at EDI ? Most unlike TOM to be late away .

Tflyer
5th Dec 2011, 15:15
munrobagger

TOM do not have a crew base at EDI. The aircraft positions in from LTN & yes spends Fri & Sat night in EDI. The flights are crewed from a mixture of bases. Mainly MAN, LTN & NCL. Yesterday's ACE was delayed due to snow & short closure of the runway topped with the de-icing van breaking down!

SCANDIC
5th Dec 2011, 19:47
I see G-OOBB has had a new paint job, is G-OOOX going to get one or are they just going to leave it until her lease runs out next year, i take it that she'll end up with fed ex too. Not seen OOBG or OOBH for a long time at Man.

aviaton wizz
5th Dec 2011, 21:26
HI everyone I started doing the online application for cabin crew and it asked me to to put in my NI number. I live in Barbados I had my citizenship from the time I was a todler being that my mom is British.

I've never lived in London I've only visited I was never issued an NI #, I am going to be in London in a months time but I want to complete the application before coming to london being that it might be closed by then.

Is there anyone here who have submitted their application with out the NI #? is there a number that I cant contact one of the recruiters to get any information?

Would greatly appreciate any information or guidance from anyone.

Thanks jay.

clipstone1
6th Dec 2011, 08:12
Jay, you could try an email to [email protected]

good luck

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Dec 2011, 13:28
Could somebody tell me why over the last few weeks a ACE-DUB flight on sundays has being stopping in FAO. Is because of fuel issues?

munrobagger
19th Dec 2011, 10:33
What on earth is going on with TOM in EDI ? Las Palmas 3 + hours late away Sat , ACE 2 and half late away Sun . Previous week both were 1 hour late , and week before that too. Crew problems ?

boeing_eng
19th Dec 2011, 12:39
What on earth is going on with TOM in EDI ? Las Palmas 3 + hours late away Sat , ACE 2 and half late away Sun . Previous week both were 1 hour late , and week before that too. Crew problems ?

Put it this way.....There has been no technical issues with the aircraft concerned!

daz211
29th Dec 2011, 14:56
Before I start I will point out that I know how Airline seats cost more the fuller the A/C gets, I am booked with EZY from LGW-ACE on the 17 May there is a large group of us traveling, we have two more people that have decided to come along so I had a look for the cheapest flights ! £757.96 inc a £40 discount STN-ACE with TOM I was stunned to say the least ... no wonder people are leaving the charter Airlines and flying EZY and FR ect. :ooh:.

factanonverba
29th Dec 2011, 15:08
Just looked at the Monarch website, 17 May Lgw-Ace return for 1 week, 2 adults, total £350 ish including taxes. Got to look at all options.

mart901
29th Dec 2011, 15:34
£343 from LTN monarch

Cazza_fly
29th Dec 2011, 18:57
Before I start I will point out that I know how Airline seats cost more the fuller the A/C gets, I am booked with EZY from LGW-ACE on the 17 May there is a large group of us traveling, we have two more people that have decided to come along so I had a look for the cheapest flights ! £757.96 inc a £40 discount STN-ACE with TOM I was stunned to say the least ... no wonder people are leaving the charter Airlines and flying EZY and FR ect.

You have just hit the nail on the head with the last part of your comment. . . Thomson Airways is a charter airline. Infact it is is known as 'the worlds largest holiday airline'. This means the majority of the passengers will be travelling as part of an Inclusive Tour company (mainly in TOM's case, Thomson and First Choice holiday groups). Any 'flight only' seats sold are just spare capacity on the aircraft but for some reason TOM are wanting to discourage this (most likely hence the price) and want to cut the small 3% of 'flight only' sales even further to focus entirely on their in-house holiday group pax bookings!

I do agree with you though, that is a very high price regardless of if they are trying to discourage such bookings. Although even Ryanair are coming up around the £550 mark when including a similar baggage allowance etc, so forward bookings must be looking good or as it is a very busy period of the year, of course with the school half term being around this date, then they are probably trying to cash as much in as possible where they can.

LGS6753
30th Dec 2011, 11:30
Pricing:

Charter companies try to sell their packages first - more revenue, more profit. They only discount at the last minute (last 6 weeks usually) to fill otherwise unsold capacity. That applies to both flight seats and accommodation.

Low cost airlines generally operate the other way round, increasing their fares nearer the departure date. Works a treat on business routes. However, there has also been some evidence of the locos pricing high when releasing flights, presumably to catch those who know when and where they have to travel. In my experience, the best time to book a loco flight (outside high season) is about 2 - 3 months before departure.

sam1993
11th Jan 2012, 19:12
Thomson Airways Summer 2012 Bases: (To be confirmed!)

Belfast - 1 x Boeing 737-800 (Canadian Reg)
Birmingham - 1 x Boeing 737-800, 4 x Boeing 757-200, 1 x Boeing 767-300 (part week)
Bournemouth - 1 x Boeing 737-800
Bristol - 2 x Boeing 757-200, 1 x Boeing 767-300 (p/w)
Cardiff - 1 x Boeing 737-800, 1 x Boeing 757-200
Doncaster - 2 x Boeing 737-800
Dublin - 1 x Boeing 737-800 (Canadian Reg)
East Midlands - 1 x Boeing 757-200, 2 x Boeing 737-800, 1 Boeing 767-300 (p/w)
Edinburgh - 1 x Boeing 757-200
Exeter - 1 x Boeing 737-800
Glasgow - 2 x Boeing 757-200, 1 x Boeing 767-300 (p/w)
London Gatwick - 6 x Boeing 737-800, 3 x Boeing 757-200, 1 x Airbus A321, 4 x Boeing 767-300
London Luton - 1 x Boeing 757-200, 2 x Boeing 737-800
London Stansted - 2 x Boeing 737-800
Manchester - 4 x Boeing 737-800, 1 x Airbus A320, 1 x Airbus A321, 2 x Boeing 757-200, 5 x Boeing 767-300
Newcastle: 1 x Boeing 737-800, 2 x Boeing 757-200, 1 x Boeing 767-300 (p/w)

Standby Aircraft: Currently planned to be 2 757-200 aircraft.

Upcoming fleet changes:
- 3 Airbus A320s return to lessor before start of Summer season. The other returns at the end of the summer.
- Both A321's return at the end of November
- By the end of May, the last 2 737-300s will be returned to their lessors
- 4 737-800s come to the end of their leases by early May
- 8 737-800s should have been delivered prior to start of Summer programme
- 2 757s come to the end of their leases before the summer, 1 by mid Winter 12/13
- 3 767s should be returned to their respective lessors this year (this has yet to be confirmed!)

scotsunflyer
11th Jan 2012, 19:39
Is the Edinburgh 752 still planned to be operated by Monarch?

UPS@EMA
12th Jan 2012, 07:52
You need to add the Boeing 767-300 to East Midlands part week also. for Mexico and Florida

BlueTui
12th Jan 2012, 16:00
Exeter 757?
Think thats a typo, it will be a 737-800 this year.

All the cabin crew have just been trained(or in the process of) on the 737 from the A320, I doubt the company will be putting all the Exeter crew through another training course for the 757 before May 12.

sam1993
12th Jan 2012, 16:39
Not confirmed about the Edinburgh aircraft yet. Think Monarch are due to use all of their 757s themselves this year though?
East Midlands does indeed see a 767-300 part week and Exeter should read 737-800! Apologies.

MKY661
12th Jan 2012, 18:24
According to the Monarch thread Monarch are to take the 757 based at MAN to EDI for the weekend and then returns to MAN at the beginning of the week. Unsure if it is operated by TOM though as I have heard ZB are to reopen their charter base at EDI.

peachair732
13th Jan 2012, 14:53
Just what are Thomson planning on replacing their ageing 757 fleet with? The 321 and 738 in present form, struggle to fulfill the role the 757 has in Thomson fleet, route like EMA to SSH and the like. Tui germany the 738 is ok, as Germany is closer to the Canaries and Sharm, so range payload has not been an issue but what will tui do with Thomson, they have to replace those 757s? what with? do they have any plans at all? fleet planning. At moment its ridiculous for Thomson to have the 320, 321 757 and 767, some form of fleet standaridation is needed but the main part of the fleet is comprised with the 757, an excellent aircraft for Thomson but will need replacing, trouble is there is no true 757 replacement.

Cazza_fly
13th Jan 2012, 15:31
Just what are Thomson planning on replacing their ageing 757 fleet with? The 321 and 738 in present form, struggle to fulfill the role the 757 has in Thomson fleet, route like EMA to SSH and the like. Tui germany the 738 is ok, as Germany is closer to the Canaries and Sharm, so range payload has not been an issue but what will tui do with Thomson, they have to replace those 757s? what with? do they have any plans at all? fleet planning. At moment its ridiculous for Thomson to have the 320, 321 757 and 767, some form of fleet standaridation is needed but the main part of the fleet is comprised with the 757, an excellent aircraft for Thomson but will need replacing, trouble is there is no true 757 replacement.

Thomson Airways are currently standardising their fleet to the 737-800 and 787 aircraft. The airbus fleet will have left Thomson by the end of this year and only have them due to the merger with First Choice Airways and lease terms...

The 737-800 can and does operate many UK to Egypt sectors with Thomson Airways and is very capable of doing so. Infact they are even fine to operate UK to Cape Verde if they so wished (although Scotland could become a bit of a stretch when operating at full capacity Northbound). So as mentioned, the 737-800 will take over 99% of the 757 routes despite a drop in capacity but this comes with lower operating costs etc which will help make up for it.

peachair732
13th Jan 2012, 17:01
Wow! The 757s to be replaced by the 738! quite a drop in capacity on short-medium haul from 235 to 189? Thats quite a drop and what a turn around as it was the earlier 737-200 which Britannia replaced with the much larger 757, citing a much higher demand in seat capacity for the future of short haul. Also what about the peak Palmas in summer, TFS in winter, will these one day be 787 routes, the 767 was always needed here for these runs due to needing a large capacity aircraft for the PMI and TFS etc. Will these only see 189 seat aircraft in the future? huge drop from a 757/767 to a 738? Same as tui did at Hapag, dropped the huge 310 for 738 short haul

CabinCrewe
13th Jan 2012, 18:12
Those plans for 757 capacity were based on needs in the late 1980's. A lot has changed since then. A 737-800 with winglets and 189 seats is much more economical than a 757 even with 235, so I wouldnt get too excited about it. Thanks to FR etc "peak Palmas and Winter TFS" are a shadow of their former selfs.

peachair732
13th Jan 2012, 20:20
Then why do Tom still use 767 for TFS in winter, also LPA ACE and let alone 757s there everywhere. In summer the 767s are king still on the PMI, IBZ, CFU etc. it would take almost 2 738s to replace two 326 config 763s on these routes. I think an all 738 for short medium hall was the wrong way to go, the major charter destinations could take a wide bodied aircraft, why send two aircraft, two flightcrew, 2 sets of cabin crew when you can stick over 300 in a 767 send it somewhere easy to fill MAN-TFS or LPA in winter would be an example.

MikeyMoo
13th Jan 2012, 20:46
Tom don't use a 767 on sh/mh during the winter, there are 6 767 based in the uk this winter operating long haul routes, the other 4 are based in Scandinavia doing work for tuifly Nordic.

Last summer is was very rare for the 767 to operate to PMI ex lgw, it was more likely to operate dlm, rho or similar.

Cazza_fly
13th Jan 2012, 21:30
Then why do Tom still use 767 for TFS in winter, also LPA ACE and let alone 757s there everywhere. In summer the 767s are king still on the PMI, IBZ, CFU etc. it would take almost 2 738s to replace two 326 config 763s on these routes. I think an all 738 for short medium hall was the wrong way to go, the major charter destinations could take a wide bodied aircraft, why send two aircraft, two flightcrew, 2 sets of cabin crew when you can stick over 300 in a 767 send it somewhere easy to fill MAN-TFS or LPA in winter would be an example.

They use the 757s simply because they have them and will do for the next few years untill the leases start coming to an end... Yes they are a great aircraft and have done Thomson (and their predecessors) proud. But, as Cabincrewe says things have changed and will continue to do so. It's not easy being able to fill those 757 aircraft year round to make them economical when compared to the 738. Yes it's great for the extra capacity in the peak summer months and perhaps the winter Canaries but unfortunately in this day much of this extra capacity is filled up using highly discounted holiday prices...

People also require more flexibility with their holiday stays now... This is why more frequency per week rather than capacity per flight is the way Thomson and the likes have been heading for a while now. For example, at many of their regional airports you can choose a day to fly to PMI atleast 6 out of the 7 days a week during the summer. This is just one example of the changing needs from the customer to which airlines have had to respond - thus needing smaller more economical aircraft.

peachair732
14th Jan 2012, 09:31
I agree with much if what cazza fly says, very well summarised the changing needs of the lisure market, however, Im not sure for a company as large as Thomson in the UK, a sole single bodied 738 fleet will be sufficient cpacity for those slot contrained LGW departures like a Summer RHO or a winter Canaries. I recognise the need for increased frequencies, certainly and it seems to make great sense for Thomson to opt for the economical 738 for the main part of the fleet but I cant help feel maybe some larger, even slightly larger 737-900ERs, would be a good mix, commonality but with almost the same cpacity of the 757 well more seats than an all 738 certainly. Even I could see a small need for a larger still wide body for those peak destinations, RHO is a good example, these detsinations are still largely typical package destinations without a need for daily departures but a need for a once or twice a week larger aircraft especially from MAN, and LGW. I think an all 738 much too limiting for a company the size of Thomson who still needs, even in face of changing requirements, to be able to offer its tour operating arms a larger aircraft for short medium haul at peak periods at any slot restrained airports.

Mr @ Spotty M
14th Jan 2012, 10:05
You all seem to forget that nothing is stopping TOM using the B787 on European routes during the summer, when they finally arrive.
The fact is TOM l believe is going to use them mostly short-haul when they arrive, to allow crews to get trained up on them.

peachair732
15th Jan 2012, 12:35
Not at all, I just thought that the 787 was as a prestige aircraft for Thomson, it was mainly intended for long haul and was going to be configured with a layout with seats with more pitch so making the aircraft more advantageous for long haul work. As is usual with airlines, I know the 787 will probably do some short flights to allow crew familiarisation but I doubt whether the 787s will be used for short haul or Canaries work long term. They are too high prestige for Canaries runs and I just think an all 737-800 fleet will be restricting in the long term for Thomson. How about some 737-900ERs?

commit aviation
15th Jan 2012, 13:06
The thing you have to remember is the world has changed since the days when TOM / MON / TCX bought their 757s & 767s - heck TOM were BY / AMM & TCX were JMC / Airtours / etc! Back then the low cost model was in its infancy & at many airports didn't exist at all. People booked charter holidays, tour operaters filled BIG aircraft, fuel was relatively cheap, governments weren't taxing aviation off the planet, nobody thought a great deal about the environment, or paid to take bags in the hold, the world was round & all was well.
Today, the world is still round but most of the rest of these statements no longer hold true. Even your observations about 787s being for longhaul could yet change - simply because people are being priced out of longhaul destinations. It was certainly Thomsons original plan but plans sometimes have to change.
I for one do not believe the end of package holidays is nigh however I do know that to survive the remaining players have to change. ...& one of those changes is to accept that 757s are maybe not the aircraft of the future. If they were Boeing would still be building them (or a more fuel efficient equivalent!)
Business runs to make money & running lots of small fleets of aircraft in most instances is a sure fire way to lose it. Now if that means some routes are no longer able to be offered then so be it.
Just like the dinosaurs these businesses have to adopt or die. (Oh - & hope they don't get hit by a giant meteorite! In that case: all bets are off!!)

pez1
19th Jan 2012, 22:00
Although the long term strategy for the airline was intended to be a 737-800 / 787 only fleet, approximately x10 757's will remain with TOM for the mid-term and for at least the next 5-6 years; with the possibility of some lease extensions too.

This is simply because there isn't an aircarft currently on the market that can fill the gap the 757 would leave with regards to payload and endurance in the short/mid haul market.

Much of what has been said about reduced capacity requirements and hence the 737's is correct. However, the airline have conceded that the niche the 757 fills on certain routes from certain airports can't ideally be filled by the 738, and therefore a fleet evaluation will be required in the near future to see if there is a potential replacement for the 757's towards the end of the decade, or whether they will live with the 737/787 only fleet as best they can going forward.

fa2fi
2nd Feb 2012, 20:37
In the new First Chice ad on tv when the guy gets off the plane it's Definately an airbus door. However the aircraft is in TOM blue with a First Choice decal on it. Can anyone confirm if there are a320s in TOM/TUI blue?

Chitty
2nd Feb 2012, 20:42
i have seen the ad to i dont think thomson have any blue a320/a321 i think thay have just dont it for the ad

SCANDIC
2nd Feb 2012, 20:45
Will OOOX get a lick of paint this year, will it stay with Thomson beyond 2012 or will it end up with fed ex.

Cazza_fly
2nd Feb 2012, 20:48
In the new First Chice ad on tv when the guy gets off the plane it's Definately an airbus door. However the aircraft is in TOM blue with a First Choice decal on it. Can anyone confirm if there are a320s in TOM/TUI blue?

No it is just edited onto the aircraft for the Advert. There is only one A320 left operating in the TOM fleet alongside two A321's. As these aircraft will be retired by the end of the year from the TOM fleet, there was obviously no point ever re-painting them into the TUI livery.

pamann
3rd Feb 2012, 09:20
See the making of the advert on U tube and you'll see that yes indeed the aircraft in question is in fact white.

rjay259
4th Feb 2012, 14:06
To peach?
Not sure why you say the 738 struggles from ssh to ema? I've regularly done ssh to Dsa and man with no problem. Fill it up with pax and 20 tonnes of fuel and off we go. It takes 5:45 but we get there.

MKY661
4th Feb 2012, 20:22
Next Thomson 737-800 arrives on Tuesday (TAWB) and will be delivered at MAN

WATABENCH
5th Feb 2012, 10:00
Anyone able to advise me whether Gatwick-Taba is operated on 738 or 752? Many thanks

Cazza_fly
5th Feb 2012, 10:06
TOM0726/7 LGW/TCP/LGW is a 757.

toledoashley
9th Feb 2012, 10:20
If anyone has an email address for Chris Browne - please can you PM me. Its charity related.

Cloud1
12th Feb 2012, 13:42
Is there an easy way of finding out, rather than calling the airline, to see what a/c is operating a particular flight?

Specifically the TOM flight BHX + LGW to Dalaman on 01st October. It is a cruise flight so wasnt sure if this would mean the B767?

david1994
12th Feb 2012, 15:53
Is there an easy way of finding out, rather than calling the airline, to see what a/c is operating a particular flight?

Specifically the TOM flight BHX + LGW to Dalaman on 01st October. It is a cruise flight so wasnt sure if this would mean the B767?

Not really you could always follow on the likes of flightradar24.com, generally the aircraft type is displayed on your tickets as airlines get a bit suspicious when people call them up asking for aircraft types.

01/10/2012 - TOM722 - BHX 0755 - DLM 1400 - B757-200
01/10/2012 - TOM862 - LGW 0750 - DLM 1355 - B767-300

Cloud1
12th Feb 2012, 20:23
Many thanks David, very helpful and much appreciated

Cazza_fly
12th Feb 2012, 20:28
Not really you could always follow on the likes of flightradar24.com, generally the aircraft type is displayed on your tickets as airlines get a bit suspicious when people call them up asking for aircraft types.

Don't worry airlines don't get suspicious if you ask them what aircraft you will be travelling on :confused: . . . Unless you are calling to pre-select seats however it will be an expensive phonecall just to ask.:ok:

NEastMidlands
14th Feb 2012, 14:44
Not sure if this was mentioned further back but..

Male and Kenya no longer flying from Manchester S12 onwards, flights replaced by two short hauls; TOM104 to SSH on Thursday and another unconfirmed on Wednesday afternoon/night.

Would be interesting to see how they get around this change, long haul 767 on the short haul possibly:ok: ala bodrum and Antalya a couple of years ago

crewmeal
15th Feb 2012, 05:21
Male and Kenya no longer flying from Manchester S12 onwards

Both countries are now affected by security scares, like Egypt the prospect for future tourism looks bleak for the future. The FCO have put out warnings in various areas of each location.

NEastMidlands
15th Feb 2012, 08:07
Although Egypt now has extra 767 capacity this summer so cant be doing too bad

britboy2
15th Feb 2012, 17:26
Not a fun place to be right now

The Unite (http://www.tgwu.org.uk/) union has called on Thomson Airways (http://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/index.html) to issue firm assurances that it will make no compulsory redundancies following the news that 600 jobs are under threat.

Thomson Airways will be entering a 90 day consultation period with Unite following its decision to make changes to its aircraft fleet.
Unite regional officer Kevin Hall said: “These cuts are a blow to the workforce during a time of economic uncertainty. Unite will be working constructively with the company and we are confident that we can substantially mitigate the impact of these cuts.
“However, Unite is adamant that compulsory redundancies are out of the question and we expect firm assurances from Thomson Airways that the company will not go down this route.”
The airline is making changes to its fleet which will see Boeing 757s being replaced by Boeing 737-800 aircraft, which require fewer cabin crew members.
A statement from the airline said: “Thomson Airways will be entering a 90-day consultation period with members of the cabin crew this month.
“This is as a result of our continuing drive to become more efficient which includes changes to the aircraft fleet. Boeing 737-800 aircraft requiring fewer cabin crew are replacing Boeing 757s when they come up for renewal.
“Thomson Airways is committed to mitigating the impact of these changes on cabin crew and is working in partnership with the relevant trade union to achieve this result.

StevieW
15th Feb 2012, 20:33
What happens with regard to flight deck crew during standardisation to an all 737 short haul fleet? I assume 757 and Airbus rated crew will be offered a 737-800 type rating, but I'm sure many 757/767 rated pilots would consider this a career downgrade, and I know plenty of Airbus pilots that would refuse to transfer to Boeing.

JSCL
15th Feb 2012, 20:43
No shortage of jobs for the Bus pilots, no doubt they'll find a new home if they don't fancy the new rating.

TSR2
15th Feb 2012, 23:16
Boeing 737-800 aircraft requiring fewer cabin crew are replacing Boeing 757s when they come up for renewal.

1 fewer cabin crew but 40ish fewer passengers.

Yes I know, more fuel efficient and less costly on maintenance but still sad to see the 757's go.

MANTFS
16th Feb 2012, 10:38
StevieW
Quite the opposite - in the current economic environment I am sure the 757 drivers will be delighted to get a type on their licence of an aircraft that will be around for many years.
Pilots work for companies - it may surprise you to learn that they do no change companies because they do not fancy the aircraft type that they are being asked to fly.

MKY661
16th Feb 2012, 13:37
Will OOOX get a lick of paint this year, will it stay with Thomson beyond 2012 or will it end up with fed ex.

OOOX by the looks of it will not get painted as according to a previous post its lease is up on 6th December 2012, unless they renew it.

By the way is this aircraft always based at MAN? never seem to see it anywhere else.

Cazza_fly
16th Feb 2012, 14:01
By the way is this aircraft always based at MAN? never seem to see it anywhere else.

Yes predominantly. This is because the aircraft has different catering/galley equiptment compared to the majority/rest of the fleet. Obviously by keeping the aircraft based at MAN it reduces loading complexity for the caterers and the airlines scheduling teams.

revo
16th Feb 2012, 14:49
It was based at BHX for about 2 weeks last summer and im glad as it was my last chance to see the 757 in First Choice colours, sad to see them disappear

Revo

P330
21st Feb 2012, 11:05
Does anyone know what the retirement plans are for the existing 757 fleet is? I know some will go, but some will stay. And are these being replaced like for like with new 738s?

Thanks,

787Heaven
22nd Feb 2012, 14:16
AFAIK there are plans to dispose of all but around 10 to 12 of the jets by 2015 the remaining aircraft should (if the info provided is correct) be the 10 newest ex FCA jets and 2 of the newest ex TFLY birds too. These are all the aircraft that have been fitted with winglets.

SCANDIC
24th Feb 2012, 11:42
Does anyone know what will operate the 18.55 Dalaman flight on the 3rd of September.

sam1993
24th Feb 2012, 12:16
Does anyone know what will operate the 18.55 Dalaman flight on the 3rd of September.

I assume this is from Manchester? If so, it will be operated by an Airbus A321.

SCANDIC
24th Feb 2012, 16:39
Yeah sorry it is from Man, hoping it would be a 757.

SCANDIC
24th Feb 2012, 18:19
OOOX will be seen at other airports this summer because of maintenance schedules and operational requirements. I don't think Thomson will renew the lease on her because of her age.

MKY661
24th Feb 2012, 20:24
Yeah sorry it is from Man, hoping it would be a 757.At least you get to fly on an Thomson A321 before they leave.

SCANDIC
24th Feb 2012, 23:38
I prefer the 757 to the a321.

SENFLYER
25th Feb 2012, 14:57
Anyone know when the 787 is due to TOM now? Imagine the de-lamination prob is another set back for delivery times. Also does anyone know which a/c operating the LGW-CUN service? I heard a rumour that the 738 is being used?

Funderblaster
25th Feb 2012, 15:46
B738 ?! Where's it tech stopping then ?!

SENFLYER
25th Feb 2012, 16:18
That's what I thought. Do you know which 763 they use on the CUN - LGW route?

Funderblaster
25th Feb 2012, 16:45
No idea, could be any of the long haul configured 763's

Cazza_fly
25th Feb 2012, 17:01
Anyone know when the 787 is due to TOM now? Imagine the de-lamination prob is another set back for delivery times. Also does anyone know which a/c operating the LGW-CUN service? I heard a rumour that the 738 is being used?

The 787 is due ''early'' next year . . .

The Boeing 767 is used for all long-haul flights. I don't know where the heck you would hear such a rumour that the 738 would be operating the flight though! :\

Dazbo5
25th Feb 2012, 17:50
Do you know which 763 they use on the CUN - LGW route?
Which flight and when? LGW normally have ex-FCA 763's based for long haul (63PE / 195Y). All the details are here (http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=47950).

Darren

VuelaVuela
2nd Mar 2012, 18:29
Hi guys!
I just got a confirmation for my assessment day in DUB next week.
Seems that the base will be DUB, but couldn't find which routes has. :sad:

Anyone can give me some info about the recruitment???

thx in advance

hope to see u soon!

MikeyMoo
2nd Mar 2012, 19:49
Dub based aircraft operates on behalf of falcon holidays

stab3.5up
2nd Mar 2012, 21:28
I believe more or less one flight a day ex dub except for sat n sun. ssh on a thurs is as exciting as it gets

Jamie2k9
2nd Mar 2012, 23:50
From 25 May:
Monday-07.00-02.30 - DUB-ACE-SNN-ACE-DUB
Tuesday-05.50-21.45 - DUB-PMI-SNN-PMI-DUB
Wednesday-05.50-02.50 - DUB-PMI-DUB-SSH-DUB
Thursday-05.40-23.30 - DUB-FAO-DUB-ACE-DUB
Friday-08.05-03.20 - DUB-CFU-DUB-BOJ-DUB
Saturday-05.45-00.15 - DUB-PMI-DUB-LPA-DUB
Sunday-05.30-01.40 - DUB-AGP-DUB-LCA-DUB

Wed schedule above is from mid June-late August, other times its just (10.00-22.55) - DUB-SSH-DUB
Average gap between flights ranges from 1h-1h30min

VuelaVuela
3rd Mar 2012, 08:42
Sorry to bother u guys, but Im a bit lost with this. I dont know too much about ur company, I either I can not find info about DUB base in the website.

Jamie2k9, is DUB just a summer base??
Do u do overnights or just return to base in the same day?

thx so much in advance, and sorry to bother u guys!

Jamie2k9
3rd Mar 2012, 18:13
DUB just a summer base?

Summer there is a aircraft based there and in Winter an aircraft from MAN operates flights on weekends. As far as I know crew return to base everyday but i'm sure sombody else can confirm that.

VuelaVuela
3rd Mar 2012, 19:31
thx so much for the info!!:ok:

OntimeexceptACARS
4th Mar 2012, 23:03
AFAIK, more than 12 aircraft have winglets : G-BYAX/Y, G-CPEU/V, G-OOBA to H, G-OOBN/P/R. Unless the last three are for the off before the others?

Airbus321-200
5th Mar 2012, 17:14
DUB base is an all year round base with permanent cabin crew.

Seasonal crew suppliment in the summer and the flight deck in the winter are UK based and in the summer they are canadian sunwing flightdeck who are based in Dublin.

There are nightstops in the summer in shannon and cork i think.

NEastMidlands
7th Mar 2012, 11:13
Looking back at the provisional bases a few pages back, whats going on with the 767's this year, jethros has two long hauls for disp this summer, and it appears there are only 6 flights per day so will there be no OBY in long haul config this year

Jamie2k9
7th Mar 2012, 19:38
Thomson to base a second aircraft at DUB for summer 2012 3 days a week, will post full details lather.

PPRuNeUser0176
7th Mar 2012, 21:56
Who are they replacing and is it to be a 738 or 320?

SENFLYER
8th Mar 2012, 09:44
The 787 is due ''early'' next year . . .

The Boeing 767 is used for all long-haul flights. I don't know where the heck you would hear such a rumour that the 738 would be operating the flight though! Talking to Swissport dispatcher who had offloaded a 738 that had done CUN-LGW with a tech stop, which he said was because of low load factor on the route. It sounded unbelievable but I thought I'd ask the Q..

Cazza_fly
8th Mar 2012, 10:35
Talking to Swissport dispatcher who had offloaded a 738 that had done CUN-LGW with a tech stop, which he said was because of low load factor on the route. It sounded unbelievable but I thought I'd ask the Q..

I can confirm that this is untrue. However, I guess the dispatcher just got it wrong. The 757-200 has been used as a last resort cover aircraft for long-haul flights. This has happened due to operational/technical reasons in the past but nothing for a while.

Jamie2k9
9th Apr 2012, 00:14
It now being confirmed that TOM will base as second aircarft at DUB:
Thursday - ACE (July & August only)
Friday - REU & ZTH
Saturday - PMI & (charter VRN)
Sunday - (charter NAP) & HER

pallan
15th Apr 2012, 17:07
Hi,
Don't know whether this is the right place to ask but I was wondering what type of aircraft will be on the following flights I am on this summer:

MAN - AYT 31/7/12 - TOM 512
AYT - MAN 10/8/12 - TOM 437

Thanks

pallan

750XL
15th Apr 2012, 17:12
Hi,
Don't know whether this is the right place to ask but I was wondering what type of aircraft will be on the following flights I am on this summer:

Thanks

pallan

Should be an A320

michaelmedley
15th Apr 2012, 17:25
On the Tunisian flight from Manchester this Wednesday, as a former colleague I have to say what a brilliant airline it is to fly with.

mike

NEastMidlands
15th Apr 2012, 17:31
Hi,

Thanks

pallan

TOM512 Is a B763

TOM437 is B737/A320 or B757

CabinCrewe
15th Apr 2012, 17:48
737, a320, or 757. I think that is what is called a "covering all bases" answer !

NEastMidlands
15th Apr 2012, 17:49
737, a320, or 757. I think that is what is called a "covering all bases" answer !

As its August it could quite easily be upgraded to say a 757 from an A320

pallan
15th Apr 2012, 18:26
Thanks everyone for your responses
I do hope we are on a 767 for at least one of the journeys - we've flew on them to Tunisia and Dalaman the past couple of years and love the spacious feel of them!!

Guess i'll just have to wait and see on the day.. :)

CabinCrewe
15th Apr 2012, 18:59
Mmm, Im not sure thats how it works, most of the charter program schedule and aircraft allocation is pre planned and very rarely does aircraft size get upgraded unless its a sub for maintenance issue.

NEastMidlands
15th Apr 2012, 19:31
Mmm, Im not sure thats how it works, most of the charter program schedule and aircraft allocation is pre planned and very rarely does aircraft size get upgraded unless its a sub for maintenance issue.

At the moment there are at least 10 flights without an assigned aircraft type

Severn
18th Apr 2012, 17:47
A quick question....

Thomson currently flies to both SFB and CUN weekly from BHX.
The SFB is scheduled direct but TOM264, BHX- CUN is scheduled via MAN - (every Thurs during Winter).
The via MAN bit, is that because of performance reasons (as BHX-CUN is 550nm further Great Circle than BHX-SFB), or does it pick up pax/cargo in MAN?- or both??!!
It appears on both the BHX and MAN departure boards which is why I thought it a little strange.

The same question also applies to the NCL-CUN (via MAN) - (every Sat currently). NCL also sees a direct SFB flight but the CUN goes via MAN.

Hoping someone might know?

Thanks.

deltahotel9
18th Apr 2012, 18:08
For the NCL flight it is definitely a performance limitation of the runway/airframe so fuel up in MAN before heading west, return flight is direct.

sam1993
18th Apr 2012, 20:07
Taken from this SITE (http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/thomson-announces-first-dreamliner-routes)

"Thomson Airways has announced the first routes to be served by its forthcoming B787 Dreamliner aircraft.
From May 1, 2013, the leisure carrier (http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/thomson-announces-first-dreamliner-routes#) will offer Dreamliner flights from Gatwick, Manchester, East Midlands and Glasgow to Cancun and Florida.
Thomson Airways is the UK’s first airline to take delivery of the Boeing 787, and in a statement announcing its summer 2013 programme, the carrier said the Dreamliner will “revolutionise air travel for Thomson Airways customers through significant advances in in-flight comfort and wellbeing”.
Thomson has yet to confirm the layout or seating products for its Dreamliner aircraft, but flights and packages for Thomson’s summer 2013 programme will go on sale on Thursday April 26."

Travel Agent
24th Apr 2012, 08:41
Here's Thomson's new livery

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/04/24/40289/Articles/getAsset.aspx?ItemID=16900

Tui Travel’s new livery for its airline fleet will be officially unveiled today (Tuesday) at a UK preview event for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.

The new generation twin-jet Dreamliner will fly into Manchester airport on Tuesday 24th April as part of its global ‘Dream Tour’ showcasing the new aircraft.

Thomson Airways will be the first UK customer to take delivery of the Dreamliner next year as part of an order for 13 aircraft.

Source Travel Weekly

Mouser
24th Apr 2012, 08:59
“revolutionise air travel for Thomson Airways customers through significant advances in in-flight comfort and wellbeing”.Don't make me laugh, christ once they cram as many seats in to it as they can, it will be just as awful an experience as we have to put up with Thomson now.

mr.777
24th Apr 2012, 14:32
Flying LGW/CUN, TOM 028 on 6/9/12.

Anybody have any idea if this is likely to be an ex FCA a/c?

Cheers.:)

Dazbo5
24th Apr 2012, 16:00
once they cram as many seats in to it as they can, it will be just as awful an experience as we have to put up with Thomson now.
Awful? Really? Personally, I'd much prefer to fly onboard the ex-FCA 763's long haul than many of the schedule airlines. How many offer 33" seat pitch as standard across the pond? I agree the 787 isn't going to revolutionise the passenger experience, but with their 3-3-3 configuration and a reported 34" seat pitch (244 economy seats) for the 787, it'll be better than most will offer in economy.

Darren

CabinCrewe
24th Apr 2012, 16:02
At the moment there are at least 10 flights without an assigned aircraft type
Yes but thats not because they are waiting to see how well a very specific flight sells, and would knock the rest of the schedule to pot.

Mouser
24th Apr 2012, 16:09
"Thomson has yet to confirm the layout or seating products for its Dreamliner aircraft" I can only comment on my awful experiences flying with Thomson.

oldbalboy
24th Apr 2012, 18:40
Mouser its 291, 47 prem 244 economy

MKY661
24th Apr 2012, 20:04
Nice Livery. Don't think we will see the 767's with the Thomson livery without the fly.com then :)

goldeneye
24th Apr 2012, 20:49
Have to say it looks fantastic, well done Thomson.

MON & TCX and even to an extent VS are going to have to seriously update their long haul product to compete with this.

TSR2
24th Apr 2012, 22:42
MON & TCX and even to an extent VS are going to have to seriously update their long haul product to compete with this.

Don't forget, price is a great leveller. The vast majority of leisure passengers have no clue what airline, let alone what type of aircraft they will be travelling on at the time of booking.

mizake the mizzen
25th Apr 2012, 10:13
Here it is , the interior shots for anyone who hasnt yet seen it,

Thomson Airways 787 New Livery And Cabins — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/5447423)

looks good. Well done Thomson.

TSR2
25th Apr 2012, 11:22
Yes, looks good but it would appear to show the Premium seating. What will the economy seating look like?

787Heaven
25th Apr 2012, 13:03
787 dreamliner - Thomson Airways - YouTube

MKY661
25th Apr 2012, 17:01

If MON are still going to do longhaul that is.

Sal73x
26th Apr 2012, 10:56
Hi, can anyone remember if on the route MAN-CTA (Sicily)
has always been used a 737 or if by any chance up to 2008 it used to be a 767???

I have been using the route for few years now and just started my "Flight diary".
It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

globetrotter79
26th Apr 2012, 11:16
I believe TOM/BY have been operating the MAN-CTA since summer 2006 with a B737 (of some description or other), prior to that this summer only route was operated only by MON (usually A321 or B757) and TCX (B757).

Sal73x
26th Apr 2012, 13:12
Thanks globetrotter79!
and you just remined me that my flight was a 757 TCX.

Thank you again, much appreciated!

LAX2000
26th Apr 2012, 14:15
Planned 787 Routes taken from the Thomson brochure Summer 2013

787 flights will be charge at a supplement of £10 per person each way

Gatwick

Tue - Cancun
Wed - Sanford
Thu - Cancun
Fri - Cancun
Sat - Sanford

Manchester

Mon – Sanford
Thu - Sanford
Fri - Sanford
Sat - Cancun
Sun – Cancun

East Midlands 1/05 – 25/06 and 31/07 – 23/10

Tue - Cancun
Wed - Cancun

Glasgow

Mon – Cancun
Tue – Sanford (2/07 - 23/07)
Wed – Cancun (3/07 – 17/07)
Sun - Sanford

scousechris
26th Apr 2012, 20:01
Hi guys, I'm flying MAN-CUN in the next few weeks and just wondering whether the longhaul flights are operated on the ex FCA 767's or the TOM ones? I've seen some pictures of the ex FCA ones and seem a rather good. Wondering how they compare to the TOM 767's ?

clipstone1
27th Apr 2012, 10:42
MAN-CUN will be on a legacy FCA config aircraft....

The new Thomson livery appears on the first B763 next week.....so we won't be waiting until B788 delivery to see the new "wave" scheme

PhilW1981
28th Apr 2012, 10:32
Similar question to the above. Have booked Premium seats on TOM118 & 119 from MAN to Holguin on Sat 26th May. Layout for seats was 2-3-2 even in economy. Is this ex FCA or Thomfly?

Cazza_fly
28th Apr 2012, 11:18
Similar question to the above. Have booked Premium seats on TOM118 & 119 from MAN to Holguin on Sat 26th May. Layout for seats was 2-3-2 even in economy. Is this ex FCA or Thomfly?

ex-FCA 763.

MKY661
28th Apr 2012, 18:36
The new Thomson livery appears on the first B763 next week.....so we won't be waiting until B788 delivery to see the new "wave" scheme

If you want I shall make a New Thomson Livery thread like there is for Monarch in the spotters corner section.

NEastMidlands
28th Apr 2012, 18:43
If you want I shall make a New Thomson Livery thread like there is for Monarch in the spotters corner section.

Good idea. It could then be discussed why a company that has 6 aircraft delivered in the last 2 months doesn't have the foresight to launch the new livery in time for them and be forced to repaint within a year, in times where they say operating conditions are still not good.

MKY661
28th Apr 2012, 22:24
Done. From now on think its best for all posts about new livery to go in here:
http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/483960-new-thomson-livery.html#post7161251

NEastMidlands
29th Apr 2012, 08:51
Done. From now on think its best for all posts about new livery to go in here:
New Thomson Livery

I think with all these posts about what aircraft we could do with one in the PSLF forum too

pallan
29th Apr 2012, 09:57
Hi,

Does anyone know which Thomson 767's are going to be longhaul and which (if any) will be configured shorthaul this Summer? I know last year they had 3 767's in short haul configuration but things may have changed this year. Also, if there are any doing short haul this summer, does anyone know which routes, flight numbers etc. they will be operated on

Many thanks

NEastMidlands
29th Apr 2012, 12:07
Hi,

Does anyone know which Thomson 767's are going to be longhaul and which (if any) will be configured shorthaul this Summer? I know last year they had 3 767's in short haul configuration but things may have changed this year. Also, if there are any doing short haul this summer, does anyone know which routes, flight numbers etc. they will be operated on

Many thanks

Heres a rough situation.

6 x ex FCA aircraft operating long haul (From the end of May)
4 x ex TOM operating shorthaul (From the end of May)

Notes from above, two aircraft still away for cabin refitting, AN due back anytime soon and i believe BM needs to go, hence why there will be 1 ex TOM on longhaul until the end of May.

MAN - 5x 767's in total (3 ex TOM, 2 ex FCA)
LGW - 3x 767's in total (1 ex TOM, 2 ex FCA)
EMA/BHX/GLA/NCL/BRS/EDI - Share 2 other long haul aircraft

Routes (Short Haul)

MAN - Egypt, Dalaman, Antalya, Corfu, Crete, Mahon, Palma, Ibiza, Cyprus
TIP - (Two routes from MAN are operated by an ex FCA 767, one being Thursday TOM104/5 to SSH and the other being Wednesday (cant remember if it was Arrecife or Rhodes off the top of my head) This is a heads up as people are unhappy they have paid £50 each for extra legroom when really they dont need it:ok:

LGW - Egypt, Dalaman, Corfu, Cyprus, Crete.

This was last updated in Jan 2012, so possibly a few changes after this. The only bit I am not sure on is entertainment, I know the last time i asked there were plans to activate seat back screens on selected flights but again this was in Feb/March so could have changed.

Sorry i am not able to confirm any more flight numbers it would take a long time to go through them all. One of the best ways to find out which aircraft your flight is being operated by is checking out libhomeradar and running a search after 1st May.

pallan
29th Apr 2012, 12:59
Hi,

Many thanks for the detailed information below. We are hoping to be on a 767 this summer on our flight to Antalya. I will check libhomeradar closer to the time and see what a/c is operating.....
Does seem interesting and a bit unfair people paying for extra legroom though on the longhaul operated 767's... wouldnt be very happy if i was them! :confused:

Many thanks again..

Mr A Tis
29th Apr 2012, 14:53
The Thomson 787 ads for next year headline that the 787 will provide extra legroom for pax.
However, in the small print it says this claim is based on premium class getting 38" instead of 36"
Am i right to presume then that standard economy will get no extra legroom on the 787. If so, it hardly "changes" the standard of comfort for transatlantic travel. Is it still 33" for standard accross the entire TOM fleet?

NEastMidlands
29th Apr 2012, 15:11
The Thomson 787 ads for next year headline that the 787 will provide extra legroom for pax.
However, in the small print it says this claim is based on premium class getting 38" instead of 36"
Am i right to presume then that standard economy will get no extra legroom on the 787. If so, it hardly "changes" the standard of comfort for transatlantic travel. Is it still 33" for standard accross the entire TOM fleet?

Its a mix and its complicated

38" in Premium Club
36" in Economy Club 5 rows
34" in Economy Club in various locations
33" in Economy Club for all other locations

MAN777
30th Apr 2012, 14:28
Nice shot on TAS website

http://www.tasmanchester.co.uk

AP1995
1st May 2012, 21:22
Personally i think the new thomson livery is the nicest around! i can not think of a nicer one! gets me in the holiday mood!

TSR2
1st May 2012, 22:50
Personally, the dark blue on the upper rear fuselage spoils what is otherwise a nice colour scheme.

VC10man
2nd May 2012, 15:12
>>>>>The launch of the 787 Dreamliner in the UK is set to create aviation jobs.

They would have created more with RR stamped on the engines.:rolleyes:

But I do like the new colour scheme!

Keyvon
2nd May 2012, 15:54
Thomson Airways is to introduce a new destination for S13, which is Almeria (Spain), departing from Manchester.

CabinCrewe
2nd May 2012, 18:02
Interesting Almeria making a resurgance, when MYT used to operate from a number of UK stations. Wil be interesting to see how this goes, especially in current Spanish climate

Buster the Bear
2nd May 2012, 19:13
Almeria is hardly 'new'! Britannia operated there on behalf of Thomson for years.

SCANDIC
4th May 2012, 23:48
Is anyone able to do some posky 757-200's for fs2004 like G-OOOX with the thomson sticker on the side and different thomson 757's and also some air 2000 75's.:ok:

Keyvon
9th May 2012, 17:34
After Almeria, TOM is adding another new Spanish destination for S13 : Jerez, from Gatwick. :ok:

Flights will cater for holidays in Costa de la Luz.

pamann
9th May 2012, 18:17
After Almeria, TOM is adding another new Spanish destination for S13 : Jerez, from Gatwick.

Again hardly new, reinstated as operated in the days of BY.

SWBKCB
13th May 2012, 16:00
Any idea why Enfidha flights are being routed to Monastir today?

sam1993
13th May 2012, 16:04
From Thomson site:

Latest travel news

Enfidha flights Sunday 13th May 2012
Due to a continuing strike by the airport cleaners at Enfidha airport, all Thomson Airways flights to and from Enfidha on Sunday 13th May will now operate to Monastir airport. All flights will depart at the scheduled times. Package customers will be transferred directly to and from Monastir airport.
Airfare customers inbound to the UK are requested, where possible, to make their own way directly to Monastir airport.
Airfare customers inbound to Monastir will be transferred directly to Enfidha airport.

cjhants
15th May 2012, 09:37
Just back from a week in Florida. Booked a cheap (£218 return inc taxes) Thomson flight to SFB, with some trepidation. Last time I flew long haul with them was 1994 when they flew to MCO, and I remember it being a miserable experience, and since then I have always gone scheduled with BA/Virgin or one of the American carriers.

I have to give them credit where it is due, the whole experience was great, at least as good, and probably better than most scheduled economy flights. Check in at both ends quick and efficient. Legroom better than most. IFE a bit dated, but OK. Flights ahead of schedule, both ways.

Will certainly use them again.

britboy2
15th May 2012, 11:43
Allways nice to hear , The 787 is due to do the Sanford run next year and will have all singing dancing IFE ;)

take-off
15th May 2012, 20:39
Would love Thomson to do Las vegas with the 787, so much better than the miserable experience with american flying back with them, looking at Thomas Cook for next year but will they still be around?

EZY7117LPL
3rd Jun 2012, 20:41
I have been hearing some rumours about thomson being interested in Liverpool, anyone know anything?

Captain Capstan
3rd Jun 2012, 21:05
I flew for Thomson when we had a 757 based at LPL for a couple of years. The flights were always popular but were eventually subbed out to reduce costs.

StoneyBridge Radar
3rd Jun 2012, 22:26
EZY7117LPL
Liverpool
I have been hearing some rumours about thomson being interested in Liverpool, anyone know anything?

I'm afraid the whimsical, baseless "rumours" on Northwest Air News rarely amount to anything at all.

So, for now at least, this rumour will go the same way.

EZY7117LPL
4th Jun 2012, 10:45
It is only a rumour but they have operated from Liverpool in the past and the flights were quite successful. Also with easyJet and Ryanair fairly static they may see some oppurtunities and gaps that could be filled and with the lack of charter/holiday flights from Liverpool it could be profitable.

pug
5th Jun 2012, 16:35
It is only a rumour but they have operated from Liverpool in the past and the flights were quite successful

If that is the case why did they stop? :confused:

StoneyBridge Radar
5th Jun 2012, 23:04
..and why would they even consider operating into an airport just 30 miles away from their major base at MAN at a time where APD continues to hurt and we are in the middle of a crippling double dip recession ??

It's not a rumour; it's pure fantasy.

Cleared For A Coffee
6th Jun 2012, 09:48
Think it's fair to say its not just 'pure fantasy'. That rumours been circulating for a few months now...

StoneyBridge Radar
6th Jun 2012, 11:38
The problem with enthusiast and spotter forums is that when a carrier reduces or pulls out, people start wildly speculating over who is going to jump in and exploit all these apparent niches and pots of gold just waiting to be taken up.
So it is in the case of LPL.
If there were to be a single grain of possibility in what has been rumoured over the past 12 months WRT LPL, they would now have Thomson, Jet2, Monarch, Air France and Lufthansa all reaping those fantastic rewards.
Some temperance is needed, and when a rumour with no base is just that, it has to be called.

benji
6th Jun 2012, 11:52
Re the 767's - I am Cabin Crew for Thomson and have been to Cancun twice in the last month and going again on Saturday more often than not they have been on the ex blue 767's.

As for it being unfair to pay for leg room on the long haul aircraft doing short haul - if you don't want to don't..... I personally do because I like more space not because I am unhappy with the offerings!

As for LPL opening - that is ridiculous - the company is going through a cost saving exercise to save millions of pounds and the crew at the minute are putting in for voluntary redundancy and reducing hours on contracts....

j636
12th Jun 2012, 20:18
If anyone here works in Thomson can they go and get the live flight info fixed on there website, its being down for weeks now.

Smudge's Lot
16th Jun 2012, 11:36
Latest Fleet News!!

This winter has seen 4 757s leave the fleet, G-BYAL, AO, AP and AU.
Next winter sees 4 more 757s G-OOBI,BJ,BRand OX leaving along with 4 767s G-DBLA,OBYD,OOAN and PJLO with all being replaced by new 737-8s and 787s.
More departures planned (though not set in stone) during winter 13/14 and 14/15 with around 14 757s left by summer 14 and ALL 767s gone by summer 15

SamYeager
16th Jun 2012, 20:06
I'll be sorry to see the 757s leave but I suppose they've had a pretty good innings.

MUFC_fan
16th Jun 2012, 22:32
The backbone of short to medium haul flying for many a UK (and indeed European!) charter carrier over the past twenty years.

A true aviation icon.

787Heaven
20th Jun 2012, 14:48
Hey does anyone know what aircraft is next in for painting? Obviously will most likely happen after the summer season but would be nice to see more jets in the new colours :) cheers all!

MKY661
20th Jun 2012, 15:50
I would imagine it would be the next 737 arriving in November. Hopefully one soon though. If i find anything i will put it in the Livery thread :)

7eight7
20th Jun 2012, 19:41
Hi. New here!

Noticed an article today on here:

Thomson to announce Leeds Bradford expansion - www.travelweekly.co.uk (http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/06/20/40832/thomson+to+announce+leeds+bradford+expansion.html)

Thomson are looking at a 'substantial increase' in destinations served from Leeds Bradford. No more information as of yet, but tomorrow morning there is to be a press conference regarding more information at the airport.

Matt995
23rd Jun 2012, 18:29
I think you will find that the extra Leeds/Bradford flights for Summer 2013 will be operate by Monarch.

AP1995
23rd Jun 2012, 21:00
The TOM website has been changed and an operator has not been announced yet.

PhilW1981
23rd Jun 2012, 21:25
Can anyone confirm how many 787's will have arrived by May 2013, and which 767's are being removed from the fleet. It would be a shame if the ex FCA 767's were the first to go?

CARNMANORLAD
23rd Jun 2012, 21:29
Thomson have added LDY-ACE to their route network albeit in place of REU.

sam1993
23rd Jun 2012, 21:32
Three 787's will arrive in the first three months of 2013, these replacing 4 767's that will be withdrawn - G-PJLO (ex FCA), G-OOAN (ex FCA), G-DBLA (ex FCA) and G-OBYD (ex TOM)

Whilst we are on the topic, 3 737s will be returned to Sunwing following summer lease at the end of October and 4 757's will be withdrawn from service over the coming winter. All the Airbus fleet will be returned after the summer season along with the final 737-300. Seven new 737's will then be introduced between November and April 2013.

PhilW1981
23rd Jun 2012, 21:39
Thanks Sam, what will that leave the long haul fleet looking like overall?

loopylee
24th Jun 2012, 10:45
It was my understanding Thomson have 4 787's coming by may, one in jan,feb,mar and april.

oldbalboy
24th Jun 2012, 21:12
you are correct 4 x 787 arriving between jan-april, No5 due october but will probably go straight to Nordic for winter l/h programme,all 13 firm orders are for the group not all for UK however all 767 due to have left by 2015.

BlueTui
26th Jun 2012, 05:15
Apparently three arriving now not four, the 787 delivery sites also back this up.

Shed-on-a-Pole
26th Jun 2012, 14:47
Under earlier plans based upon now defunct delivery schedules, TOM proposed to deploy its B787's on certain short-haul routes to build up crew experience during the first few weeks of operation. Beyond that, they were to switch to the more accustomed long-haul role. Can anybody confirm whether this is still in TOM's thinking for the early days? I wouldn't mind a quick MAN-AGP jaunt by B787 !

Alex757
26th Jun 2012, 16:06
Anyone know the schedules for 757's operating out of Gatwick this summer?

I'm flying to Dalaman on the 3rd of August, and wishing for a 752, but suspect a 738.

If anyone knows any details, I'd be glad to know them!

sam1993
26th Jun 2012, 17:07
I believe only 3 787's will arrive in the first few months of next year as previously posted.
Alex, Unfortunately this will indeed be on a 738. Sorry!

Alex757
26th Jun 2012, 17:11
Thought so :D

I'm happy enough with a 737, just would of preferred the 757, might not get many more chances to ride them.

oldbalboy
26th Jun 2012, 18:29
shed the plan still is to use 787 between jan-apr on s/h for training/crew hours current plan is canaries & poss some weekend ski (tls to poke fun at airbus i think) looking 1 or 2 rotations a day, from May 01 its planned just long haul.

Shed-on-a-Pole
26th Jun 2012, 19:09
Thanks for that, oldbalboy. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an opportunity.

ericlday
26th Jun 2012, 19:40
Looking forward to seeing them at TFS.

PhilW1981
26th Jun 2012, 20:47
Must keep an eye on this. Would be nice to get a trial of the 787 premium cabin on a canaries route short break prior to deciding on what we do for long haul in the summer. At present preium upgrades on planned 787 routes are £340 pp compared to £200 pp for 767 routes, not sure thats a premium for premium (hic) that's worth paying tbh.

Alex757
27th Jun 2012, 17:07
Is there any chance of a 757? I'm a little confused as was watching FR24 to see a TOM 757 on EGKK to LTBS ..... :?

sam1993
27th Jun 2012, 17:46
Alex, As previously stated, the flight on the 3rd August will be on a 737-800. This doesn't mean that all other Gatwick - Dalaman flights are on this aircraft type however, with 737s, 757s and 767s all operating to Dalaman from Gatwick this summer!

Alex757
28th Jun 2012, 06:21
Ah I see :)

Thanks for clearing it up.

chrisy08
29th Jun 2012, 10:09
Flying from Bristol to Antalya with Thomson.. Its a 757 aircraft.. BUT is it the first choice livery or the actual thomson livery of 757?

Severn
29th Jun 2012, 10:57
TOM based aircraft change every few days so its difficult to say, however if you are talking about this evenings flight to AYT then it is scheduled to be G-OOBI which according to Jethros is in Thomson Livery.

In-fact, according to Jethros there is only one B757 left in First Choice colours which is G-OOOX (which that is today flying out of LGW)

The only other aircraft in TOM's fleet that still are wearing the First Choice livery are:
1x A320 (G-OOAR) (usually MAN based)
2x A321 (G-OOPE/G-OOPH) (usually 1x MAN based and 1x LGW based)
6x B767s (all ex-First Choice) (G-DBLA/G-OOAN/G-OOBK/G-OOBL/G-OOBM/G-PJLO) which operate the Summer LH schedule out of LGW,MAN,BHX,GLA,BRS,NCL & EMA

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Jun 2012, 14:19
3 737s will be returned to Sunwing following summer lease at the end of October and 4 757's will be withdrawn from service over the coming winter. All the Airbus fleet will be returned after the summer season along with the final 737-300. Seven new 737's will then be introduced between November and April 2013.

Will 3 of the new B737-800 replace the currently leased 3 sunwing ones at DUB and BFS for summer 2013.

oldbalboy
29th Jun 2012, 16:49
i think its a long standing arrangement with Sunwing to use their a/c in DUB/BFS, in return TOM lease theyre a/c to them in the winter months, the new 738's are to replace airbus/757 leaving fleet this winter.

MKY661
1st Jul 2012, 17:49
This winter has seen 4 757s leave the fleet, G-BYAL, AO, AP and AU.
Next winter sees 4 more 757s G-OOBI,BJ,BRand OX leaving along with 4 767s G-DBLA,OBYD,OOAN and PJLO with all being replaced by new 737-8s and 787s.
More departures planned (though not set in stone) during winter 13/14 and 14/15 with around 14 757s left by summer 14 and ALL 767s gone by summer 15

I remember seeing on this forum a couple of months ago that BYAW was one going for winter 13/14.

SCANDIC
3rd Jul 2012, 20:45
Is it still an a321 flying the dalaman 272 route.

NEastMidlands
3rd Jul 2012, 20:55
its still a A321

rm2242
7th Jul 2012, 09:38
Just sampled this summers Thomson shorthaul product. Wow, how can an airline deteriorate so rapidly. Granted it was an older 757 and not a newer 738, but seriously....

Food - miserable and mostly sold out selection. Whats wrong with offering a simple sandwich? Wouldnt smell so bad either and would be more healthy!

IFE - ok so never a strong point, but the blank screens seem to just shout out cost cutting. A bad image for holiday airlines

Seats - ok in comfort, but FILTHY. Don't ever go fishing for your belongings that have fallen to the bottom of the plastic seatback pocket on the Recaros. Yuck.

Chewing gum and greasy finger prints everywhere.

Apart from allocated seating on TOM, EZY is better in every respect these days. What a terrible way to start peoples hard earned holidays. Its a far cry from the days of Air 2000 and even Britannia.

CabinCrewe
7th Jul 2012, 11:03
I hope you forwarded your complaints to them as they'll fall on deaf ears in here.

rm2242
7th Jul 2012, 11:26
Little point Im sure. It's not so much a complaint rather than my surprise, and to some extent sadness at the such rapid decline. I'm interested to hear any other peoples thoughts and experiences, or info on what of their policies are driving the changes. Is Chris Browne still in charge? I always thought she ran a tight ship but perhaps spending too much time playing at Dreamliners I wonder!

SCANDIC
14th Jul 2012, 16:35
Anyone know what has happened to OOOX not seen her at Man for a while hope i see her again before she leaves for fed ex more than likely plus the other thomsonfly 757's. What will happen to the 767's when they leave the fleet come winter time.:)

IrishFlyer2013
14th Jul 2012, 17:01
G-OOOX has been LGW based for the past 2 weeks or so. :ok:

oldbalboy
14th Jul 2012, 18:14
much to the joy of cabin crew NOT!

PhilW1981
15th Jul 2012, 00:05
In my recent experience Thomson have the worst short haul product of anyone including all Loco. Their long haul however is excellent. It's a shame they can't align them somehow.

nsherrin15
27th Jul 2012, 12:09
hi everyone, just wanted to double check something, i have booked to go to tenerife on christmas day from bristol, will it definitely be on the 757?

ImPlaneCrazy
27th Jul 2012, 19:08
Can't say for definite that it will be a 757 - and from experience loads on Christmas day aren't particularly that great so I would expect that it's cheaper for them to operate a 738 instead of the 757?

nsherrin15
27th Jul 2012, 19:45
cheers for the reply, would rather get a chance to go on the 738 as I haven't flown on a TOM one, only been on a 757,762,733 with TOM!:)

fly_guy_021
27th Jul 2012, 20:04
Hi

Will definitely be on a 757 as that's what BRS have based there throughout the winter. Their crew aren't checked out on the 738.

LEEDS APPROACH
4th Aug 2012, 18:15
Right now going on a very scenic route to NCL over the lakes? And now a jet2 holding over LBA? Anything up at NCL?

EDIT.looks like the jet2 may be an aircraft problem. But what was the reason for the huge dog leg for the TOM 738, anyone know?

european130
4th Aug 2012, 18:21
Avoiding weather, thunderstorms in the area..

LEEDS APPROACH
4th Aug 2012, 18:24
Forget that i've just seen the storms north of leeds.

LEEDS APPROACH
4th Aug 2012, 18:25
thanks european