PDA

View Full Version : Labour activist gives dog the finger

Richard Taylor
22nd Sep 2008, 18:18
Newcastle:

Seems a Labour Party councillor was delivering leaflets when he put his fingers a bit tooooooo far into a letterbox, whereupon a Jack Russel called - Jack:rolleyes: - proceeded to remove a digit from the haplesss activist.

He is now suing the owner for 15,000.

The dog owner should be countersuing the activist for poisoning the pooch & no doubt causing a disturbance of the peace afterwards (YEEEOOOOOWWWW!!!!)

"I can't understand it," Jack's owner said. "The postman has been delivering to my house for years without a problem."

It's a dogs life...:D

ShyTorque
22nd Sep 2008, 18:37
Was the dog in the conservativery?

Richard Taylor
22nd Sep 2008, 18:52
It was a Labrador Democrat.:}

tony draper
22nd Sep 2008, 19:31
Just watched it ont local news if that hound is a Jack Russell I'm a chinaman,looked more like a Scotty ter me.
:)

Gertrude the Wombat
22nd Sep 2008, 19:55
Getting fingers bitten whilst delivering political leaflets is routine. Having to get it fixed up in hospital and missing the rest of that election campaign is far from rare.

But losing a finger altogether is somewhat unusual.

(The stealth dogs are the worst - the ones where the first you know they exist is a crash against the door and your finger bitten, no barking or other warnings. Naturally you know where the stealth dogs are on your own delivery round, but if you're doing a strange round, or someone moves house, you can still get caught out.)

Standard Noise
23rd Sep 2008, 17:00
Why do these feckwits put their fingers into letterboxes in the first place. It's perfectly possible to put summat through a letterbox without surrendering yer digits to the beast within.

Before long it'll be against elf'n'safety rules to put things through letterboxes. At the very least, you'll have to be wearing a fluorescent vest and hard hat!:rolleyes:

Mind you, good on the dog, give him a medal.:D

Burnt Fishtrousers
23rd Sep 2008, 17:11
Being a local politician and councillor I suspect this leaves him with one less finger to put in the till or in the tax payer filled expenses pie..

I'd hastily put up a "no junk mail" notice on the front door and ask him why he didnt read it.....perhaps he thinks his leaflet isnt junk but others would no doubt disagree.

If I dont want things put through my letter box and some poxy wanna be Blair stick his sticky paw thro it then thats his look out. Doggies dont do political correctness they bite little pinkies that poke through the letter box...simple as that

Old Grey
23rd Sep 2008, 17:53
A local politician, eh?

I hope the poor little dog hasn't suffered any ill-effects. :ooh:

bear11
23rd Sep 2008, 18:49
Hmm, stealth dogs - about 20 years ago in Dublin, a cop friend told me that some of the drug dealers in the flats had Dobermann's with their voicebox surgically removed.

Foss
23rd Sep 2008, 19:40
So their bite was worse than their bark.

StoneyBridge Radar
23rd Sep 2008, 21:46
So their bite was worse than their bark.

Unless he sufferred from dreadful halitosis :E