PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law

Richard Taylor
22nd Sep 2008, 17:42
(Aah Judas Priest!)

Seems the average Brit is unwittingly breaking the Law at least once a day.

Whether it is texting/phoning whilst driving, dropping litter or passing fake 1 coins, we are all risking our liberty.

I'm sure our Govt will come up with a solution, such as cameras on every street corner...it is Conference Season after all...;)

Overdrive
23rd Sep 2008, 06:24
I'm sure our Govt will come up with a solution, such as cameras on every street corner...

Nearly there with that now. Next is cameras on every head.

Romeo India Xray
23rd Sep 2008, 07:01
And mandatory prison terms for passing a fake 1GBP coin, while punishment for murder and rape will be reduced to a week in a full board hotel.

WALSue
23rd Sep 2008, 07:25
I'm sure our Govt will come up with a solution, such as cameras on every street corner...
Nearly there with that now. Next is cameras on every head.

Followed by 'Garden Cam' to catch any naughty person trying to feed the wild birds

acbus1
23rd Sep 2008, 07:29
Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law
Did you type that in a cave?

....in a cave?

....in a cave?

....in a cave?

....in a cave?

....in a cave?

NRU74
23rd Sep 2008, 07:59
Next is cameras on every head.
The police in these parts are already using 'Headcams', they are used especially when investigating Domestic Assaults.This is, apparently, so that the number of retraction statements by the complainant are reduced in number.

Howard Hughes
23rd Sep 2008, 10:16
I would have a guess and say that Aussies blatantly flout the law up to six times a day...:ooh:

Mind you it was a penal colony once!;)

techrec
23rd Sep 2008, 10:37
HH

I'd guess a bit higher than that... :}

Howard Hughes
23rd Sep 2008, 11:12
You could be right too!:ok:

BlueDiamond
23rd Sep 2008, 11:22
I must be the only person who read Richard Taylor's post as intentionally funny. I was basing that thought on the fact that nobody could "unwittingly" find themselves ...

... texting/phoning whilst driving, dropping litter or passing fake 1 coins ...
... because those are all deliberate acts and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who didn't know they were illegal.

BUT ... if we're on a serious mission here I have to say that street corner cameras are not necessarily a bad idea, it all depends on how they have featured in your experience, I suppose. A friend of mine was attacked by four drunken men in Northbridge (entertainment area just north of Perth) and sustained severe eye and face damage from the kicking he got when he was down. His attackers were identified thanks to the street cameras in the area, they were arrested, charged, tried and jailed ... a result which might have been impossible if there had been no video of the event.

I suppose it all depends on why you don't want them there.

UniFoxOs
23rd Sep 2008, 11:38

Bound to be - I was once told that there were 400 offences you could commit relating to a vehicle, without even driving it!!

UFO

CarltonBrowne the FO
23rd Sep 2008, 12:18
Did you know you can get penalty points on your driving licence for being a passenger in a stolen car?

parabellum
23rd Sep 2008, 12:30
Every male over the age of fifteen shall carry out at least forty five minutes of Archery practice every day. Never been repealed! (or so I am told!).

MadsDad
23rd Sep 2008, 12:43
I think it's only once a week that you have to practice your Archery (or face a fine of 5 pigs or something like that probably).

Anyway the archery practice is essential so you can shoot your Welshman in Shrewsbury market place (or wherever it is - still legal apparently so it's not Breaking the Law anyway)

Richard Taylor
23rd Sep 2008, 12:54
Since when have I ever written anything in Jetblast that is serious...

Since when have I ever written anything in Jetblast that is serious...

Pontius Navigator
23rd Sep 2008, 13:48
Bound to be - I was once told that there were 400 offences you could commit relating to a vehicle, without even driving it!!

UFO

A local lad, on his 3rd offence of driving without a licence will banned was put on a supervision order for 12 months and banned from driving for 18 months to run concurrently with his existing ban.

Anyway, here is one of your 400 offences:

Urinating into the car in a public place. After DNA testing another local youth collected an ASBO.

NRU74
23rd Sep 2008, 16:32
Did you know you can get penalty points on your driving licence for being a passenger in a stolen car?You can get up to six months custody and a Discretionary Disqualification for allowing yourself to be carried in a TWOC'd car

Standard Noise
23rd Sep 2008, 16:39
Urinating into the car in a public place.

Christ on a bike, you can't even piss into your own car without getting nicked. Whatever next?:uhoh:

G-CPTN
23rd Sep 2008, 16:58
Perhaps it was a Police car?

Old Grey
23rd Sep 2008, 17:57
Anyway the archery practice is essential so you can shoot your Welshman in Shrewsbury market place (or wherever it is - still legal apparently so it's not Breaking the Law anyway)

It's only legal after sunset. :}

Pontius Navigator
23rd Sep 2008, 18:12
Christ on a bike, you can't even piss into your own car without getting nicked. Whatever next?:uhoh:

It wasn't his own car nor was it a police car. He was nicked from DNA following a tip-off from a heighbour who was keeping a watch from a darkened room.

She had been on watch for 3 nights and her patience was rewarded. it was not her car but a builder's.

Standard Noise
23rd Sep 2008, 20:05
So I can still piss in my own car and not get arrested then? Phew, that's a relief.

Katamarino
24th Sep 2008, 08:27
How did he piss into the car? Were the windows down, at night? Very strange :suspect:

Old Grey
24th Sep 2008, 15:39
I think it's more likely he was - ahem - augmenting the volume of fluid in the fuel tank. :hmm: