PDA

View Full Version : Qualifications... help!

Captain Smithy
22nd Sep 2008, 11:05
Hello folks, would appreciate some help/advice here regarding qualifications and engineering jobs.

Here's the scenario, been working at an electronics factory for 4 years, now time served, have 2 HNCs in both Engineering and Electronic Engineering, have been working in test/fault-finding/repair on Radar and various other avionics, much experience with PCB work, power supplies, test equipment etc. What sort of jobs (if any) would I be eligible for? Was thinking along the lines of airport support/maintenance or indeed basic aircraft maintenance if possible.

Are the HNCs much cop for this or would I be looking at going to University for a while/getting licensed? :uhoh:

Any advice would be appreciated... just "testing the water" so to speak, getting a bit cheesed off with my current job so am just putting out feelers just now. Perhaps not the best time to go changing jobs just now what with the current economic climate but just doing some investigation first!

Cheers

Smithy

Vortechs Jenerator
22nd Sep 2008, 23:52
any hangar/base maintenance with an avionic workshop, loom shop ect would have you as a mechanic if they were hiring I'd think - from there you could go on shopfloor aircraft jobs assisting the b2 license guys and take it from there, you would probably be running in electric string, doing the terminations and hook ups for them as they tend to like to do sod all but drink brews and chin wag:)

Blacksheep
23rd Sep 2008, 06:59
B2 Licence to Chill. :ok:

You're only jealous...

BAe146s make me cry
23rd Sep 2008, 07:22
Sod all AND chin wag??? Not all of us you cheeky git! :)

BAe146, EASA (and certain lazy grease monkeys)?? :{:{:{

WOTME?
23rd Sep 2008, 11:51
Sod all AND chin wag??? Not all of us you cheeky git!

I suppose it is a bit much expecting a B2 to do two things at the same time!:eek: