PDA

View Full Version : Minimum fuel at touchdown

Three46
21st Sep 2008, 22:53
Hello

I was wondering what exactly does this refer to?
One says its the sufficient fuel needed to insure proper operations after landing...
Can someone tell me more.

Do you know how much it is for
A345
A346
772LR
773ER (same for all 777s?)

Thanks ;)

boredcounter
22nd Sep 2008, 03:55
The combination of:

30 mins hold @ 1500'

and divert fuel to nominated alternate.

As for the a/c types, sorry.

gilderoy lockhart
22nd Sep 2008, 09:34
Also fuel for a missed aproach at destination and diversion.

Three46
22nd Sep 2008, 09:49
Thanks guys for your answer.
But what you are talking to me about is reserves fuel.

What I was told as "minimum fuel at touchdown" is supposed have nothing to be with reserve...
I dont know maybe that doesnt exists...strange thing :suspect:

Thanks anyway.;)

Lightning5
24th Sep 2008, 13:23
min fuel on touchdown is can be normally set by the company regs. However as already stated, 30 min holding and diversion fuel is the norm. I have been on the 767 where we had 1000 Kg each side on approach, a little scary and Eicas doing it's nut!! I guess it is all down to the "driver"!

ELLONNAGUN
24th Sep 2008, 14:03
Diffrent Airlines Diff. Procedures However Basically It Is The Absolute Min. Fuel Which The Commander Can Land Legely Before Declaring Fuel Emergency And Its Amount Usually Is 30 Min Of Fuel Only @ Touchdown.

TopBunk
24th Sep 2008, 14:06
'Scuse me for butting in, but absolute minimum fuel for landing is final reserve fuel = 30 minutes fuel holding at 1500ft.

You do not have to have anything over this.

In my company the flight crew have to shout 'Mayday / Pan' if they 'will / may' land with less than that, and file an ASR if they land with less than that - note land and not block with less than that, at the weight on the day.

Our Ground Engineering colleagues will raise their equivalent of an ASR if the aircraft blocks on with less than 30 mins fuel at max landing weight.

There can therefore be occasions when the Engineers will file an ASR and the pilots not.