PDA

View Full Version : The Queen is Indian!

rotornut
21st Sep 2008, 13:45
YouTube - GGM - UK's Queen is Indian!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HJzy3WSYFM&feature=related)

Capot
21st Sep 2008, 13:53
That's bollux....

She's German..

rotornut
21st Sep 2008, 14:10
Capot
Correct! Her real name is Elizabeth von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

airship
21st Sep 2008, 14:18
I'm told that the former French President Jacques Chirac on one of his rare official visits to the UK had been looking forward to being served a curry, believing that this was the Kingdom's new official dish. Only to be served what he considered to be "boil in the bag" UK equivalents of French cuisine that came nowhere close to even the cheapest French bistros' efforts... :E

Apart from any mention of dowries, I reckon that the author/s of that YouTube extract have got it about right. Very true about Prince Charles' ears being of African extract BTW. :ok:

BlueDiamond
21st Sep 2008, 14:55
Her real name is Elizabeth von Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
I don't think that's correct, rotornut. As a royal, she has no surname but her married name would be Elizabeth Mountbatten. She was born Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, the Saxe-Coburg & Gotha name having been changed (to Windsor) nine years prior to her birth.

larssnowpharter
21st Sep 2008, 15:12
She's German..

Thought her Mum was Jockinese.

airship
21st Sep 2008, 15:52
Has the Queen ever 'sent out' for an Indian takeaway?!

I can imagine that Buckingham Palace's kitchens close at a regular time every day, and apart from the odd ham sandwich available after hours, if ever Her Majesty or one of her household guests get the hankering for an onion baaji or whatever, they must surely have sent out someone...?!

That being the case, how many Indian restaurants are there that hold a Royal warrant...?! Zero would be unbelievable IMHO.

Davaar
21st Sep 2008, 16:06
Mountbatten.

.... which was Battenberg until that side of the family too really thought they ought to change it, and not so long ago at that. The last Battenberg (of our lot) was First Sea Lord in WWI (for a while). To be fair, there is nothing to suggest he was not loyal to the Service and the UK. His main private residence was in Germany, German was his first language, and he spoke English with a heavy German accent. The Duke of Edinburgh, I believe, was quite narked that his ex-Luftwaffe, ex-Waffen SS relatives really could not be invited to his weddiong.

B Fraser
21st Sep 2008, 18:40
Has the Queen ever 'sent out' for an Indian takeaway?!

Phil (Stavros) must have sent out for a kebab ;)

Ken Wells
21st Sep 2008, 21:06
:ugh:Jesus was Italian.

Stayed at home till he was 33 and always believed his mother was a virgin!

BombayDuck
21st Sep 2008, 22:28
Ranjit the red nose reindeer (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn5QNAwAySg)
had a very shiny naak*
And all the littul pixies
had to clean up the muck!

Santa $hat in the chimney
really blocked up the flue
and the following Christmas
the whole family turned Hindu!

*nose in Hindi

:D

tony draper
21st Sep 2008, 22:36
Queen Victoria had a Indian boyfriend,after she lost the Brown person that is, she were a bit of a goer in her later years,the family disapprove of her Indian chap as much as they disapproved of her friendship with her Jockistani.
:)

rotornut
21st Sep 2008, 23:37
Bluey
You are right, of course. I was just having a little fun. I used to love to tease my mother, who had an English background, about these things. My mom did NOT like Germans but her first name was Bertha, which is very German.

BlueDiamond
21st Sep 2008, 23:45
Sorry, darls ... brain-fade on my part!! :(

jabird
22nd Sep 2008, 01:18
And according to our lurvely PM, Angela Merkel is Chancellor of India too!

CityofFlight
22nd Sep 2008, 06:27
Rotornut... that's the funniest thing I've heard/seen all day. Thanks! I needed that.

:D:D

BombayDuck
22nd Sep 2008, 11:33
CoF - if you can buy at least one season (or trawl through youtube for many clippings) it is well worth it. Completely un-PC - it was well received back here too in spite of it not always showing Asians in good light. That's how funny it is!

G-CPTN
22nd Sep 2008, 12:05
YouTube - Goodness Gracious Me - Going out for an English (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG-pmg_CCeI)

Taildragger67
22nd Sep 2008, 16:02
Actually, HMQ is a Brit, and at the same time an Aussie, a Canuck and a Kiwi. Must get very confusing around Commonwealth Games time.

As for her family name... 'twas Windsor, and there's doubtless a deed-poll in the Archives to prove it. What it was prior to that, is immaterial. What one's name is, is what the law says it is.

Phil's still Greek, though... :E

Davaar
22nd Sep 2008, 17:22
Queen Victoria had a Indian boyfriend

That runs in the family. Which of them had an Indian boyfriend, Pandit Nehru?

What one's name is, is what the law says it is.

Yes, but try telling that to the chap with a different name whom people kept tagging as “Schiklgrüber” .... remember?

tony draper
22nd Sep 2008, 17:33
I thought Schiklgruber was actually his real family surname Mr Davaar? although it is probably even more annoying than having a nickname when people continuing to call you by your real name when you have had it changed by deed pole.
:uhoh:

S'land
22nd Sep 2008, 17:50
It was Adolf's father, Alois, who changed the name from Schicklgruber to Hitler. His mother was not married at the time of his bith and Schicklgruber was his mother's name. He changed his name when he was about forty years old.

Must run in the family, after all his son turned out to be a real barsteward.

tony draper
22nd Sep 2008, 17:56
If I had been him I would have thought up a new surname that didn't carry as much baggage as Hitler.

Davaar
22nd Sep 2008, 18:30
I believe he has collateral relatives in the States, and one of them served in the US army in World War 2. I think they changed the name again, though. No stability in that family.

tony draper
22nd Sep 2008, 22:08
Names are important, I read that after Oscar Wilde was pinched and convicted for forbidden naughtiness it was fifty years before any child in England was Christened with the name Oscar.
I also understand that nobody called John can ever be crowned King of England,due to King John (he of Magna Carta fame) being such a rotter.
:)

henry crun
22nd Sep 2008, 23:27
Davaar: You must be referring to Edwina Mountbatten.

tony draper
22nd Sep 2008, 23:51
Dammit Mr Crun we was trying to keep that quiet.:rolleyes: