PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Airlines and Helo Time?

craiglinson
21st Sep 2008, 03:45
Will any of the major airlines in the Middle East accept Military Helo time? If so, how much will they allow as part of your total time?
Thanks!

Wiley
21st Sep 2008, 11:15
Can't answer your question, I'm afraid, but they usually factor rotary time because - (I kid you not!) - people who've never flown a helicopter seem to think that as a helicopter pilot, you don't understand how to use a rudder.

Private Pike
21st Sep 2008, 12:41
EK will accept rotary time towards your total, but you will need 2000 fixed-wing multi-crew time out of 4000 total for FO entry. For subsequent upgrade you will need 4000hrs hard (fixed-wing) time.

PP

craiglinson
21st Sep 2008, 16:47
Thanks for your responses! I'm currently flying Helo's in the military and have around 750 hours fixed wing and 1100 Helo. I'm possibly looking to go to a fixed wing position in the the next year. With my contract up in 2 years, I'm trying to see what my options are when I'm done.
Thanks again!

Bredrin
22nd Sep 2008, 09:03
You may want to contact the Rotary guys at Abu Dhabi Aviation, they are earing some good money these days. As the Vietnam guys are heading out to pasture, there is a severe shortage of rotary guys with GOOD time.

craiglinson
22nd Sep 2008, 13:50
Thanks Bredrin! I've actually got a buddy who just got hired by them. I've been looking into them as well. Sounds like a good go. I'm going to be in a situation where at the end of my military contract I'll have about 1300 hours in helo and 1300 fixed wing. I know how the helo industry will look at my time, but I'm just not sure how airline companies are going to look at it.
Thanks!